Should I sell things to TTD that are niche to get

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Import taxes in EU are extremely expensive, to the point that we're better off buying butterfly equipment from the official vendors than trying out stuff. A normal t05 is 60€ here, DHS Hurricane 3 neo blue provincial is taxed to 80€, national is 120€. We simply can't afford that stuff.

One more thing, there's the issue of tt11 and dandoy having the entire of the market by themselves because they're stationed in European Union countries and avoiding import taxes all together. They have deals with EU importers and can sell more expensive equipment at much better prices than you would find from prott and aliexpress. The only exception is these cheaper rubbers, up to 20~30 € you're fine, but still, rare to see in Europe, not many people like them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Gewo produces these shirts only for the Chinese market?

They arent available in Germany.
technically speaking, the Chinese office of Gewo made these shirts for the Chinese market,
while Gewo HQ in Germany makes the international shirts for every market.

It isn't just Gewo who does that.
China's market is basically bigger than the rest of the world added together. so the Chinese agents or office does have a lot of bargaining power.
IE, with Yasaka, certain blades are made for the Chinese market, and not available any where else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Import taxes in EU are extremely expensive, to the point that we're better off buying butterfly equipment from the official vendors than trying out stuff.
yeah, nothing wrong with that
hence I have the word "niche" in the subject of this thread.
Not everything is available in Europe

A normal t05 is 60€ here, DHS Hurricane 3 neo blue provincial is taxed to 80€, national is 120€. We simply can't afford that stuff.
well, a lot of people are using Butterfly in Europe, so a lot of users can afford 60 euro rubbers apparently.
One more thing, there's the issue of tt11 and dandoy having the entire of the market by themselves because they're stationed in European Union countries and avoiding import taxes all together.
They do pay import tax, they pay tax on the cost.
while consumers who pay import tax, needs to pay it based on the commericial invoice value (retail price etc)

They have deals with EU importers and can sell more expensive equipment at much better prices than you would find from prott and aliexpress. The only exception is these cheaper rubbers, up to 20~30 € you're fine, but still, rare to see in Europe, not many people like them.
The bigger retailers have drop shipment perks, which has better costings than your average TT seller who pulls stock from the brands warehouse (brands basically oem a lot of products out)
It does make a big different, but you need to take in inventory and only a handful of sellers on earth has that ability.

again, not everything is available in Europe, so maybe there is a niche, then you can let me know.

Last edited:
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
yeah, nothing wrong with that
hence I have the word "niche" in the subject of this thread.
Not everything is available in Europe
True, if someone wants something specific then they're gonna pay what they have to.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
True, if someone wants something specific then they're gonna pay what they have to.
yeah
I actually know one person who does fulfillment from Japan to Taiwan.
There are so many Butterfly goods that is only sold in Japan, that the rest of the world misses out.
I guess Butterfly fans in Europe probably don't even know half these goods exists.

Just recently, he pulled in so many Busan Butterfly shirts, which is not available from any Butterfly official seller on the planet...
And then he can also sell Tenergy for about 10% to 20% cheaper than the Butterfly retailers in Taiwan...

I also found the Japanese T league shirts quite nice too
but yeah, I, myself, am not going to pay a premium for a T league shirt.
But such option is not available in Europe and isn't available in most places, unless you know someone who can fulfill from Japan.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
yeah
I actually know one person who does fulfillment from Japan to Taiwan.
There are so many Butterfly goods that is only sold in Japan, that the rest of the world misses out.
I guess Butterfly fans in Europe probably don't even know half these goods exists.

Just recently, he pulled in so many Busan Butterfly shirts, which is not available from any Butterfly official seller on the planet...
And then he can also sell Tenergy for about 10% to 20% cheaper than the Butterfly retailers in Taiwan...

I also found the Japanese T league shirts quite nice too
but yeah, I, myself, am not going to pay a premium for a T league shirt.
But such option is not available in Europe and isn't available in most places, unless you know someone who can fulfill from Japan.
Yeah, I've heard about some guys that find used equipment in Japan and import them in Europe. I got an offer a while ago and it seemed interesting.

This user has no status.
Just something to add to the list of things that are nearly impossible or very expensive to get, some other than chinese brands:
Yasaka atletico power for example.

Pricetag via aliexpress is around 190-210
Prott sells it for 95$, so it should be possible to import it way cheaper and sell it around europe.

Just to explain the struggle with buying stuff from other sellers than aliexpress outside of europe. Usually you will have to pay the taxes on the goods (19%) and some administration fee to dhl on top (usually around 6€) which you have to pay on arrival which is a pain in the ass. If you dont have this in cash at home you have to pick up your package at a station and pay there.

Therefore it would be awesome to avoid stuff like that. And as ive said before the market for those things is wide open because we only have some sellers like harty and spinfactory for example with a very very very limited stock for those goods.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just something to add to the list of things that are nearly impossible or very expensive to get, some other than chinese brands:
Yasaka atletico power for example.

Pricetag via aliexpress is around 190-210
Prott sells it for 95$, so it should be possible to import it way cheaper and sell it around europe.

Just to explain the struggle with buying stuff from other sellers than aliexpress outside of europe. Usually you will have to pay the taxes on the goods (19%) and some administration fee to dhl on top (usually around 6€) which you have to pay on arrival which is a pain in the ass. If you dont have this in cash at home you have to pick up your package at a station and pay there.

Therefore it would be awesome to avoid stuff like that. And as ive said before the market for those things is wide open because we only have some sellers like harty and spinfactory for example with a very very very limited stock for those goods.

Yes, I agree.
Some brands (not Chinese brands) do have China only models. Clothing is very obvious, and very niche are blades and even rubbers, for some weird reason.

Regarding the import tax part
I think maybe in Europe, consumers are too used to EU and tax treaties.
For the rest of us around the world, we import left right and center. and yes, the 6 Euro fee sounds like an international thing. Even if there is 0 tax / vat / gst / duty, there will always be a handling fee and for my personal experience, it is the same price in South Africa and Taiwan.

On items that are available locally, maybe it doesn't make sense to import, but for say the Yasaka Aletico Power, it seems like there is no choice but to import yourself (from no matter who the seller is).

I think for the official (re)sellers, they can't really "cross the line" and import from 3rd parties.
ie. If I was to do what I'm doing via Taiwan, in South Africa. I could be upsetting my suppliers (the table tennis brands) - I am an official agent in South Africa for Stiga (and Banda), Xiom (and Champion), Yasaka, Gewo (and Hallmark), Yinhe, Loki, and technically I am still for Andro, but I haven't import Andro for few years.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
For me it was still a good deal, because the price difference for tmount/KTS stuff between china/taiwan and europe is huge, almost double so even including shipping and vat it was like 30-40 eur cheaper.

I don't consider that a struggle. Even in the Czech Republic, which is still catching up on eGovernment and services in general it's possible to use a card to pay the handling fee upon receipt. It used to be much worse before. If the package was stopped at customs (it used to be random) you had to physically arrive at one specific office in the whole country and provide all the necessary documents.

Nowadays I receive a link from the Czech Post, fill in the data, and pay the fee upon delivery. It was definitely not inconvenient.

This user has no status.
For me it was still a good deal, because the price difference for tmount/KTS stuff between china/taiwan and europe is huge, almost double so even including shipping and vat it was like 30-40 eur cheaper.

I don't consider that a struggle. Even in the Czech Republic, which is still catching up on eGovernment and services in general it's possible to use a card to pay the handling fee upon receipt. It used to be much worse before. If the package was stopped at customs (it used to be random) you had to physically arrive at one specific office in the whole country and provide all the necessary documents.

Nowadays I receive a link from the Czech Post, fill in the data, and pay the fee upon delivery. It was definitely not inconvenient.

That is serious highlevel tech shit for germans here.
Digitalization in my country is a complete shitshow in itself. Last time i had to pay for import (around 4 years ago) i had to pay in cash. Getting a receipt and/or paying it via card, online, transfer or whatsever is obviously too advanced for us.

I am exaggerating a bit here, but this topic always hits a nerve for me.

But before it gets too offtopic here ill stop.
What i was trying to say is, that it would be awesome to have more sellers that expand the range of goods on our market without the mentioned hassle and with reasonable prices.
@harty for example is a pretty good example. His prices are decent and really good if he has stuff reduced and if i order a bit more i dont mind his shipping fee. But 2-3 brands are far away from having the whole market in reach.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That is serious highlevel tech shit for germans here.
Digitalization in my country is a complete shitshow in itself. Last time i had to pay for import (around 4 years ago) i had to pay in cash. Getting a receipt and/or paying it via card, online, transfer or whatsever is obviously too advanced for us.

I am exaggerating a bit here, but this topic always hits a nerve for me.
well, 4 years is a long time.
4 years ago there was "no AI" and look at where all these technology are today.

Reactions: Attitude