Innerforce Boom!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
I just noticed that a lot of pro's play innerforce blades. And a lot who didn't like Franziska (before Mazunov), Walther (before Boll ALC) etc. switched also to an innerforce blade. Yoshimura played before Viscaria and now Innerforce ALC. Harimoto also. Liu Shiwen also ALC Custom Innerforce. Lee Sangsu from ZLF to Innerforce ALC. Why does this boom exist right now?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Well, the current major trend amongst pros is either ALC outer blades (some ZLC) or either ALC or ZLC inner blades indeed. The outer will give you more speed/power, less flex and require a lot of touch. The inner will give you more feel/touch and flex. It's really a matter of preference for pros as it is for any player, and a lot of players' changes in equipment as to do with the plastic ball. At first many players realized they needed more speed for the plastic ball as it is slower thus turning to carbon outer blades, and many also realized the plastic ball lacked feel and spin and some turned or switched to inner carbon blades.

PS: Inner carbon blades are also often a good compromise between all-wood and carbon outer blades. Personally, I have a really hard time playing with carbon outer blades, ALC especially (vibrations are too strong for my liking), so it's either 5-play all-wood for me or inner carbon with limba outer.

Last edited: