Best Rubbers for Harimoto Innerforce Alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hey,
I just bought the cs version of the Harimoto IF alc and I was wondering which rubber would suit this blade?
I haven´t tried it yet and i am afraid it might be slower than my equipment right now, because in many reviews it got called quite controllable and not that fast and also some stats on Revspin for example are also slower than my now used blade, but I know the feeling is subjective, so I would like to hear your opinion on the speed. That´s why I am thinking about getting faster rubbers to compensate for that.
My playstyle is normally near to mid from the table. Sometimes I get quite far behind where I can´t really make points by speed more by spin. So currently I am training stay near to the table and execute fast topspins and try to attack as much as possible. So i flick many serves, but due to my penhold playstyle my short game is also important and strong.
I have a strong forehand and maybe want to add a little speed, while still being able to put a lot of spin into the ball. While my backhand is very safe and I can do qualitative shots, . I also win BH rallies against Shakehands, but against some good players these shots are not dangerous enoguh,what I want to change.
My thoughts for Rubbers:
Forehand:
D05
D09c
H3 provincial blue sponge / H3 Neo provincial blue spnge
The Dignics I tried on the Shakehand versions of the Ovtcharov Alc and on the Viscaria and i really liked them, but i dont know if they are worth the money for my playstyle.

For my Backhand i thought of wether keeping the safety, especially for my flicking game or maybe going faster with a more direct ball
So I thought about
Version of H3, like I use right now for more safe balls (prop. Neo 3 prov or com)
or maybe a Tenergy 05, which I used on my Ma Lin EO, which was faster and felt very direct, which I liked, but the Quality of my game wasn´t that good especially my BH Flicks, why i changed to a slower more controlled BH rubber (H3 / H3 prov)
Would the T05 make my Flick game harder, because it is not that grippy and sticky like the H3 or will i still be able to play good flicks?
Of course you can name other rubbers too, but it would be nice if you mainly consider these rubbers.

I would like to hear your opinion! Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I believe D05 works the best with Harimoto If ALC, I've have played D05 on rather similar IF ALC blade and it's perfect especially for FH. I have D09c on my current primary blade on FH which would suit Harimoto IF ALC but it's much harder slower but spinnier than D05.

For BH, i'm using Fastarc G1 which i think works for BH too on this blade. I have tried T05 FX on the IF ALC blade which i found a litte too soft. Would recommend to use Medium hard rubbers (47.5 and above) on IF ALC blade.

Reactions: TheWinnnner
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
my backhand is very safe and I can do qualitative shots, . I also win BH rallies against Shakehands, but against some good players these shots are not dangerous enoguh,what I want to change.
Considering this i would advise going with the 09c or any hard semi sticky rubber because they will MAKE you be more active and play harder shots. Flicks are definitely easier with it than they would be with the T05.
I am actually thinking this myself - going with 09c on backhand so i start hitting more dangarous shots with more safety. Even if after couple months i decide i can't utilize it on the bh and go back to 05 / 80 i should see the improvements i reckon.

This user has no status.
Both theoretically and practically, the use of D05 for Harimoto ALC 's FH is almost the only correct choice, it offers more speed, longer arc, and more spin, and don't hesitate to say that Harimoto ALC can back it up for stability in such an environment. As for BH, given your CS playing style, T64 is a good choice, faster and more accurate, and no shortage of spin.
I'm not a theoretical player as this is a setup I've personally used for a long time and am very comfortable with.
我不是一个理论上的玩家,因为这是我个人使用很长时间并且非常熟悉的设置。
1704182998085.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I believe D05 works the best with Harimoto If ALC, I've have played D05 on rather similar IF ALC blade and it's perfect especially for FH. I have D09c on my current primary blade on FH which would suit Harimoto IF ALC but it's much harder slower but spinnier than D05.

For BH, i'm using Fastarc G1 which i think works for BH too on this blade. I have tried T05 FX on the IF ALC blade which i found a litte too soft. Would recommend to use Medium hard rubbers (47.5 and above) on IF ALC blade.
First of all, thank you very much!
So the Forehand is not too fast, when you combine these 2? (blade + D05)
Will I still be able to generate a lot of spin, because I think that could get lost when I change from a chinese Rubber to D05. Do you have experience in changes like this?
I want faster shots like I said, but I think especially in longer rallies spin gives me more control. But I think i am not there to get 100% out of my Skyline 2 TG. So I would like a Rubber that gives me more power, but still doesn´t feel like low spin rubber. Is the D05 good for this?

I tried the G1 for like 1 training session. I didn´t feel power it is supposed to have. ( I heard a lot it would be an alternative to the T05) and also the spinning didn´t feel that great. Maybe it is because i tried it on the forehand and came from an old T05, but I would like to hear your experiences with it? Bc my BH isn´t that spinny compared to my FH. Should I try it again?

Considering this i would advise going with the 09c or any hard semi sticky rubber because they will MAKE you be more active and play harder shots. Flicks are definitely easier with it than they would be with the T05.
I am actually thinking this myself - going with 09c on backhand so i start hitting more dangarous shots with more safety. Even if after couple months i decide i can't utilize it on the bh and go back to 05 / 80 i should see the improvements i reckon.
Thank you too! I thought so too, but the price making me feel unsure if it is good, especially bc of the lasting of these rubbers, when i put all 3 fingers to the middle of the rubber. (similiar to Xu xin all fingers straight on it). So i got a big mark on the middle of the rubber and I am afraid of this effecting the ball hit point too. Do you think this could happen and it would shorten the lasting of this rubber?

Both theoretically and practically, the use of D05 for Harimoto ALC 's FH is almost the only correct choice, it offers more speed, longer arc, and more spin, and don't hesitate to say that Harimoto ALC can back it up for stability in such an environment. As for BH, given your CS playing style, T64 is a good choice, faster and more accurate, and no shortage of spin.
I'm not a theoretical player as this is a setup I've personally used for a long time and am very comfortable with.
我不是一个理论上的玩家,因为这是我个人使用很长时间并且非常熟悉的设置。
Thanks a lot!
That´s quite interesting, because I thought it would be too fast then, but when compared to my blade it should be a little slower i´ve heard, so these faster Rubbers would be good.
I haven´t really played the T64, but I heard its more for fast blocking and more passive players. Would you agree with that or would you say the quality of attacking shots isn´t lacking?
I think the H3 i am playing right now on my backhand isn´t getting used very well due to FH dominant playstyle of CS, which leads to less spin on my BH than for SH-Players. Would you say i could use this rubber fully?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Spin and speed wise, definitely D05 is better than Fastarc g1. If you are transitioning from Chinese rubber, you might find that it will be rather different type of rubber as compared to a tensor based D05 from the tackiness, hardness n speed perspectives. Dignics 09c might be better transition as its slightly tacky and harder than D05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hey guys,
a friend of mine gave me his used D09c so I did put it on my Forehand. I just tried it out 2 times because of an injury, but It felt quite fast, but strong.
It did compensate my problem about my slower shots away from the table and my near the table shots are very deadly now. Maybe not because of my spin, but my speed is very high. I am also able to block quite good for 2 or 3 shots until I am able to attack again and even from far away I have enough control to bring back my shots and give an deadly counterattack.
Also it felt way more light than my Skyline TG2, but i don´t know if it is because of the cut (its cut for shakehand so the bottom corners are left out) or just because this rubber is more light in general.
This helped me a lot gaining a stronger backhand due to more power and speed in my shots, but far away from the table the difference between my H3 on my BH and the D09c on my Forehand gave me some troubles.
What do you guys think about the D09c as my FH rubber? Is it an alternative for the D05?
What difference between them you felt, because I heard a lot of different opinions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
09C is the best fh rubber imo. More effort equals more rewards in speed and spin with it than it would be with 05. If you are lazy and playing with half power shots though go for the 05 as more catapult helps. If you have a strong fh (as most players do) 09c is better. Control with 09c is better too. Not many choose 05 over 09c for the fh i think which speaks for itself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hey,
I just bought the cs version of the Harimoto IF alc and I was wondering which rubber would suit this blade?
I haven´t tried it yet and i am afraid it might be slower than my equipment right now, because in many reviews it got called quite controllable and not that fast and also some stats on Revspin for example are also slower than my now used blade, but I know the feeling is subjective, so I would like to hear your opinion on the speed. That´s why I am thinking about getting faster rubbers to compensate for that.
My playstyle is normally near to mid from the table. Sometimes I get quite far behind where I can´t really make points by speed more by spin. So currently I am training stay near to the table and execute fast topspins and try to attack as much as possible. So i flick many serves, but due to my penhold playstyle my short game is also important and strong.
I have a strong forehand and maybe want to add a little speed, while still being able to put a lot of spin into the ball. While my backhand is very safe and I can do qualitative shots, . I also win BH rallies against Shakehands, but against some good players these shots are not dangerous enoguh,what I want to change.
My thoughts for Rubbers:
Forehand:
D05
D09c
H3 provincial blue sponge / H3 Neo provincial blue spnge
The Dignics I tried on the Shakehand versions of the Ovtcharov Alc and on the Viscaria and i really liked them, but i dont know if they are worth the money for my playstyle.

For my Backhand i thought of wether keeping the safety, especially for my flicking game or maybe going faster with a more direct ball
So I thought about
Version of H3, like I use right now for more safe balls (prop. Neo 3 prov or com)
or maybe a Tenergy 05, which I used on my Ma Lin EO, which was faster and felt very direct, which I liked, but the Quality of my game wasn´t that good especially my BH Flicks, why i changed to a slower more controlled BH rubber (H3 / H3 prov)
Would the T05 make my Flick game harder, because it is not that grippy and sticky like the H3 or will i still be able to play good flicks?
Of course you can name other rubbers too, but it would be nice if you mainly consider these rubbers.

I would like to hear your opinion! Thank you.
Look, with innerforce blades, there is only one suitable combo: D09c fh and d05 bh. Both sides d05 is you hit more. Thats it. Don't go for h3 on any side it will be too heavy. Don't play pips on any innerforce except ovtcharov. That is the word of the innerforce.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think you should stick on your old rubbers onto your new blade and do some hitting sessions with it. That way u can deduce which advice on this thread you relate more to so you can reduce the amount of guess work. If you used h3 blue sponge previously, you can consider orange sponge for slightly better bounciness while maintaining the control that is characteristic to H3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Look, with innerforce blades, there is only one suitable combo: D09c fh and d05 bh. Both sides d05 is you hit more. Thats it. Don't go for h3 on any side it will be too heavy. Don't play pips on any innerforce except ovtcharov. That is the word of the innerforce.
Thank you. I also felt that the chinese Rubbers, that i am using right now, are very heavy and so the change on the FH to 09c felt very good due to the speed and the forgiveness when i don´t make a long stroke, which I was missing on the Skyline 2.
So I understand the problem with the heaviness, but why would you choose D05 on BH? Because I cant get that much out of the stroke´, due to TPB, so I need assistance for speed and spin or why would you recommend that?

Been playing with this blade like 20 months? But not the only blade, tried a few rubbers, h3, xiom guang, mantra pro h, mxp, mxd, T05, d 05, 09c, d 80, d 64, D 09c is what I want for fh. Xiom guang for by.
Thank you too. So you think 09c suits the FH the best? Are the other rubbers not as good or didn´t feel right or why you have that opinion?

I think you should stick on your old rubbers onto your new blade and do some hitting sessions with it. That way u can deduce which advice on this thread you relate more to so you can reduce the amount of guess work. If you used h3 blue sponge previously, you can consider orange sponge for slightly better bounciness while maintaining the control that is characteristic to H3
That´s an good advice, but I am very unhappy with my BH H3, because I will need a much faster rubber to make my BH really dangerous or I need a very light rubber so I my strokes are faster. Thank you
Zoom in on ur next ITTF vid on hiz bat... often the camera will do this at direction of the producer of the tourney media...

The answer is simple and two-fold.

1. Buy what the dude uses.

2. Gloat about it on the interwebz.
I think he used 09C (FH) and T05 (BH) and now switched to D05 on both sides. But I am miles away to be as good as him so why would I choose the exact same equipment? Like the D09c is still quite easy to control, but the D05 should get harder to control or am I wrong?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi @TheWinnnner I frequently and right now often proclaim that I was never good enough for the T05 of the last 10 years (but the 2010 version I played well)... and I absolutely CANNOT play any of the Diginiski rubbers to their potential... my impact is not good enough and I am not good enough to play those rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Thank you. I also felt that the chinese Rubbers, that i am using right now, are very heavy and so the change on the FH to 09c felt very good due to the speed and the forgiveness when i don´t make a long stroke, which I was missing on the Skyline 2.
So I understand the problem with the heaviness, but why would you choose D05 on BH? Because I cant get that much out of the stroke´, due to TPB, so I need assistance for speed and spin or why would you recommend that?

Thank you too. So you think 09c suits the FH the best? Are the other rubbers not as good or didn´t feel right or why you have that opinion?

That´s an good advice, but I am very unhappy with my BH H3, because I will need a much faster rubber to make my BH really dangerous or I need a very light rubber so I my strokes are faster. Thank you

I think he used 09C (FH) and T05 (BH) and now switched to D05 on both sides. But I am miles away to be as good as him so why would I choose the exact same equipment? Like the D09c is still quite easy to control, but the D05 should get harder to control or am I wrong?
I recommend the d05 on bh because it has power inside, and it is much better for passive play than other tensors. Also, the spin capability and grip is better aswell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hi @TheWinnnner I frequently and right now often proclaim that I was never good enough for the T05 of the last 10 years (but the 2010 version I played well)... and I absolutely CANNOT play any of the Diginiski rubbers to their potential... my impact is not good enough and I am not good enough to play those rubbers.
So you would say that it is important to get full use of the rubber? And how did you feel that you are not good enough?

I recommend the d05 on bh because it has power inside, and it is much better for passive play than other tensors. Also, the spin capability and grip is better aswell.
Thanks for your opinion! Why exactly is it good for passive game? Isn´t it quite fast? And how is it for active game?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
So you would say that it is important to get full use of the rubber? And how did you feel that you are not good enough?

Thanks for your opinion! Why exactly is it good for passive game? Isn´t it quite fast? And how is it for active game?
Harder sponge is good for blocking, as it absorbs opponents power. Pimple structure is for stable AND aggresive spin, depending on what movement you do. Flor active game it has a sponge with decent pores and elastic topsheet so it is ok.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The diginiski rubbers all require a faster bat with more body commitment and a different impact to get potential out of them... I do not do that on most of my impacts and do not want to change how I play or train for months to do a shot i do not use even 1/2 the time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Harder sponge is good for blocking, as it absorbs opponents power. Pimple structure is for stable AND aggresive spin, depending on what movement you do. Flor active game it has a sponge with decent pores and elastic topsheet so it is ok.
Thank you for the explanation.

What do you all think of going D09C on both sides or is D05 better for BH / FH?