Innerforce Layer ALC blade compared with ZLF version

This user has no status.
I had the same idea, when I saw your 4 equipments but my english is not perfect so I cant say with the same easy words.
P500 + Rasanter R/V 47/48/50/53 or Rhyzer 45/48/50, Fastarc G1/P1, TSP Ventus Speed/ SUPER / Rakza 7/9/10 Donic Bluestorm Z1/Z2/Z1Turbo, Gewo Nexxus EL/XT 48/50/53, Xiom Vega Pro/X/Tour, Xiom Omega V PRO/TOUR/ASIA, Omega VII TOUR/ASIA, Evolution MXP/ MXS/MXK, MXP50, Victas V15 Limber/Stiff/Extra, Victas VS 402 Double Extra, DHS Goldarc 8 47.5/50, Butterfly Tenergy 05/80/64+ fx and H version
Dignics/Dynaryz, Stiga Mantra M/H, Stiga DNA pro M/H
and everything will be OK.

Hello Konrad
Although some time ago, you listed recommended rubbers as above. I have been advised by others to look ay Xiom Vega Pro for FH and Vega Europe for BH. I would like your opinion on this recommendation in view of your experience with rubbers.
I note that Xiom have brought out Vega X as a plastic ball upgrade of the Vega Pro. Do you think this would be a better alternative and is there a similar upgrade for the BH rubber? How about Vega Japan?
The subtle differences between these rubbers make it difficult to decide on the ones best suited for maximum spin with maximum control and reasonable (but not silly) speed for an intermediate player.

Now, in Harry Potter his wand is a regular old wand. But he likes it. And it works for him. And it has special powers, but only against Voldemort. His wand is made of Holly and Phoenix Feather. In the last book the Holly and Phoenix Feather wand is broken and he needs a new wand. In the end, he ends up with the Death Stick, also known as The Wand of Destiny and also known as The Elder Wand. That is the most powerful wand in history and the true owner of the wand cannot be beaten in a fair wizarding duel. So, Harry ends up with the Death Stick, and decides he doesn't like it. So he uses that most powerful wand to fix his broken Holly and Phoenix Feather wand. And then puts the Death Stick in Dumbledore's tomb. In other words, he chose a wand that was less powerful because he liked it more. :)

So, the Virtuoso Plus is named: "Holly and Phoenix Feather".

Maybe my story there makes why I use the blade make some sense. :) Either that, or I just like telling stories. :)

i KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!
At first I thought you were Gandalf, then I thought Dumbledore. This proves you ARE Dumbledore!!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!
At first I thought you were Gandalf, then I thought Dumbledore. This proves you ARE Dumbledore!!

hahahahahaha. As a kid, I totally wanted to be Gandalf. Maybe that is how I ended up becoming Dumbledore. :)

In reality, probably, I am more like Bilbo. A little trouble maker who, out of sheer luck, finds a magic ring. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
This post is great because me after billion blades know that the most powerful blade is the same that I share with the most love so I choose
Apolonia ZLC
Hugo Calderano SAL
PP MiT Agon Super ZLC
Innerforce Layer ALC
Nittaku Hinoblaze
And thats all. This selection is made by someone who had billion blades, who cant even touch other guy new blades no more because I feel like there is no chance to have new friends.
I always make angry face when someone wants try my equipment and gives me his unrealistic balsa ish blades and tell me "this blade has feeling" and I am like ok, its good to have 90 grams blades...

with rubbers I am more realistic.
Impuls powersponge
Fastarc G1
Rakza 7
Super Ventus
Evo MXP
And you know this is my taste and everybody needs to try something to see what he wants...
People wants get opinion for free and they wants that your opinion will be their best choose.

Read reviews
Buy
Try
Change
Open excel
Put your marks
And stay that you like the most
What do you think about victas and andro blades?

hahahahahaha. As a kid, I totally wanted to be Gandalf. Maybe that is how I ended up becoming Dumbledore. :)

In reality, probably, I am more like Bilbo. A little trouble maker who, out of sheer luck, finds a magic ring. :)
I’ve noticed you’re very much the professor when it comes to Blades and rubbers. So one question cos there’s no need to start a new thread - which is faster Boll ZLF or IF Layer ALC? Different reviews say different things!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I’ve noticed you’re very much the professor when it comes to Blades and rubbers. So one question cos there’s no need to start a new thread - which is faster Boll ZLF or IF Layer ALC? Different reviews say different things!

You ask a question that people think is an simple one. Wood is wood. It was once alive. Most people who say one of those blades is faster than the other tried ONE of each and decided that the one they tried of each blade was representative of all other blades of its kind.

But since blades weights vary vastly (I have seen Viscarias that were 79 grams and ones that were 98 grams), blades speeds vary as well. Since the two blades you are asking about are close enough in speed that you can find IFL ALCs that are faster than TB ZLFs and TB ZLFs that are faster than IFL ALCs.

Generally, blades of the same make that are lighter, are usually slower. So that 79 gram Viscaria was a decent amount slower than the 98 gram Viscaria.

If you had a TB ZLF and an IFL ALC of the same weight, the speed difference would be negligible.

On short game and close to the table the TB ZLF would be a little faster and sharper. (Close to the table that is not always what you want). Further from the table, the IFL ALC would start having a little more power.

But all in all, they would be comparable. A 92 gram IFL ALC compared to an 85 gram TB ZLF would make someone think the IFL ALC was faster. Switch those numbers and you would switch the results.

So it is easy to see how you have people who have only tried one of each blade saying they know which one is faster and having one set of people insist the ALC is faster and another set of people insisting the ZLF is faster.

Don't get fooled by silly considerations. :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wood also changes it's properties over time. It absorbs moisture or looses it depending on environment. I
It will change over time depending how often you play with it, how you treat it, etc

Good point. Also worth noting, Zylon changes properties over time as well.

If you look up Zylon you will find that they used to make Bullet Proof Vests out of Zylon for a while until they discovered that, after a few years, the Zylon was no longer Bullet Proof because of how the molecules break down over time.

I do not really know how that effects play for TT. I could come up with some theories. I could also try my TB ZLF and see if I can tell how it plays now compared to how it played 5 years ago. :) But it still would be theory and subjective opinions.

Reactions: Basmundo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I think that blades do get better the longer you play them. The common theme in my blades that they seem to be more flexible over time. Maybe the glue used to glue the layers together changes ever so slightly :| I do not know the physics behind this. Also, common behavior across all my collection is that over time blades give more vibration over time, same as a guitar would. What's interesting is that with sealed blades this does occur in much less degree.

Reactions: Basmundo
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I started playing about 40yrs ago, I had (have) 2 original Tamca 5000 blades, these were equipped with Sriver on BH and Tackiness D on FH, pre speed glue, these blades are fast, how fast compared to the modern ALC etc layered blades I’m not sure, but the Primorac carbon has the Tamca fibres in it, and its truly fast.
i put Stiga Mantra M on one of them when I started playing again 2 yrs ago, oooopps verging on uncontrollable for someone of my ability!!!
I Also have an original Grubba all wood blade that is an all round blade, and I keep returning to it, it seems to feel right with whatever rubber I put on it, i’ve also used other blades Ma long 5, Joola tpe perform, Stiga defensive pro, and a few more. Also the famous Stiga all round classic, which I didn’t really get on with.
Recently the All-Wood Primorac blade which is now really pushing the Grubba blade as 1st choice

What I would say, is that the blade is 80% of your game playing style. if you find one you like and play well with it, then STICK with that blade and just change the rubbers.

30+ yrs ago when I was fitter, faster and the rubbers slower, the TAMCA blade really suited me, I bought the Grubba on a whim, to try an All-Wood blade and during that period of my time playing, I never bought another blade and put the TAMCA’s to one side.
30 + yrs on and the original Grubba blade is still excellent and really suits me. It’s plenty fast enough.
Better technique will also increase the power and speed of your shots.

Remember that these faster blades combined with faster rubbers demand a higher level of ability to use them properly. Only when your ability has outgrown a blade should you change your blade, and a good coach can advise you about that. Changing blades can actually be a backward step.
I’ve changed too many blades Recently and wasted money!!! I didn’t need any new blades, the Grubba is ME, that’s how a blade should truly feel, it’s part of you!!! I was lucky to find it that quickly all those years ago!!

Now , rubbers on the other hand, that’s a different thing completely !!!!!! Total Rubber tart !!!!

all the best in your search, and take the earlier advice and see if you can try other players equipment before you buy!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
1 other thing to consider-

if you buy a new blade, and new rubbers, try putting your old rubbers on the new blade 1st, this will give you a much better reference point on how different the new blade is. You can then ‘play yourself in’ with the new blade and change rubbers later.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I started playing about 40yrs ago, I had (have) 2 original Tamca 5000 blades, these were equipped with Sriver on BH and Tackiness D on FH, pre speed glue, these blades are fast, how fast compared to the modern ALC etc layered blades I’m not sure, but the Primorac carbon has the Tamca fibres in it, and its truly fast.
i put Stiga Mantra M on one of them when I started playing again 2 yrs ago, oooopps verging on uncontrollable for someone of my ability!!!
I Also have an original Grubba all wood blade that is an all round blade, and I keep returning to it, it seems to feel right with whatever rubber I put on it, i’ve also used other blades Ma long 5, Joola tpe perform, Stiga defensive pro, and a few more. Also the famous Stiga all round classic, which I didn’t really get on with.
Recently the All-Wood Primorac blade which is now really pushing the Grubba blade as 1st choice

What I would say, is that the blade is 80% of your game playing style. if you find one you like and play well with it, then STICK with that blade and just change the rubbers.

30+ yrs ago when I was fitter, faster and the rubbers slower, the TAMCA blade really suited me, I bought the Grubba on a whim, to try an All-Wood blade and during that period of my time playing, I never bought another blade and put the TAMCA’s to one side.
30 + yrs on and the original Grubba blade is still excellent and really suits me. It’s plenty fast enough.

Remember that these faster blades combined with faster rubbers demand a higher level of ability to use them properly. Only when your ability has outgrown a blade should you change your blade, and a good coach can advise you about that. Changing blades can actually be a backward step.
I’ve changed too many blades Recently and wasted money!!! I didn’t need any new blades, the Grubba is ME, that’s how a blade should truly feel, it’s part of you!!! I was lucky to find it that quickly all those years ago!!

Now , rubbers on the other hand, that’s a different thing completely !!!!!! Total Rubber tart !!!!

all the best in your search, and take the earlier advice and see if you can try other players equipment before you buy!!

Grubba and Primorac Off- are both great blades. What you say here sounds like another way of saying why I stuck with my OSP Virtuoso Plus.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.

Have you tried the Maze Magic all wood blade? According to Tees Sport stats it has the same speed rating as the Primorac but with with significantly greater control (9.25 compared with 7). However the official Butterfly stats. do not show the same comparison. They show the Grubba and Primorac being almost identical in every respect with the Maze being slower with more vibration, IE. less control. When you look at users evaluations the consensus is thatthe Maze is significantly faster than bot of the other two while being more flexible. Who do you believe!

Reactions: IB66
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Have you tried the Maze Magic all wood blade? According to Tees Sport stats it has the same speed rating as the Primorac but with with significantly greater control (9.25 compared with 7). However the official Butterfly stats. do not show the same comparison. They show the Grubba and Primorac being almost identical in every respect with the Maze being slower with more vibration, IE. less control. When you look at users evaluations the consensus is thatthe Maze is significantly faster than bot of the other two while being more flexible. Who do you believe!

Silly boy. How many people have told you to ignore those types of BS numbers. It is really like listening to a broken record hearing you ask different people the same questions over and over. hahahahaha.

And control is not in a blade or the rubbers. It is in your hand.