Xiom Hugo SAL and 36.5 Deep Impact ALX

This user has no status.
[emoji853] already bought the ALX

Not to worry. ALX is an equally good blade.

Personally I can see more ppl would prefer to ALX than HAL/SAL.

HAL/SAL is closer to an all wood feeling blade while ALX is much closer in terms of play to all time favorite ALC blades but with more control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
I'm waiting for it to arrive, going to be interesting to compare it to my Xiom Solo which is a 7 ply all wood lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
finally got the ALX with the Vega Japan, haven't tried it on a table tennis table yet but just playing around with it....

uh this thing is like a catapault with a crispy? feel, the rubber is so spinny when hit right

just bouncing the ball on the blade , it bounces up so fast

This user has no status.
finally got the ALX with the Vega Japan, haven't tried it on a table tennis table yet but just playing around with it....

uh this thing is like a catapault with a crispy? feel, the rubber is so spinny when hit right

just bouncing the ball on the blade , it bounces up so fast

Carbon based blades has a higher stiffness vs all wood blades, also the carbon layer provides a larger sweet spot.

Have fun with you new blade. You are using a bouncier rubber and a harder blade thus definitely will feel the bounce is much more vs your previous setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Carbon based blades has a higher stiffness vs all wood blades, also the carbon layer provides a larger sweet spot.

Have fun with you new blade. You are using a bouncier rubber and a harder blade thus definitely will feel the bounce is much more vs your previous setup.
I guess that is the best way to describe it, I can feel the ball more than my Solo ,excited to try it on a proper table tomorrow
You will have to adjust with the speed first but it is not that fast.
I can certainly feel the speed but yes, it is not much than the Solo while just bouncing around with a ball but perhaps it feels that way from the stiffer feel

but I'm certainly liking the carbon feel , I hope I can tame the speed [emoji120]
0531da79fdeeab812e5b608035c66172.jpg

Last edited:
I guess that is the best way to describe it, I can feel the ball more than my Solo ,excited to try it on a proper table tomorrowI can certainly feel the speed but yes, it is not much than the Solo while just bouncing around with a ball but perhaps it feels that way from the stiffer feel

but I'm certainly liking the carbon feel , I hope I can tame the speed [emoji120]
0531da79fdeeab812e5b608035c66172.jpg

Well it is alc instead of a pure carbon so control is good. Also, the ALX 36.5 feel a bit softer than Viscaria so you will like the feel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
2 hours isn't enough to get used to a new blade right? I'm liking the crispy feel of the ALX to the Solo, it isn't too fast also, I'm getting good strokes while in practice rally but in actual match I seem to revert it to my Solo handling habits and getting worse results argh!

2 hours isn't enough to get used to a new blade right? I'm liking the crispy feel of the ALX to the Solo, it isn't too fast also, I'm getting good strokes while in practice rally but in actual match I seem to revert it to my Solo handling habits and getting worse results argh!

Give it at least 2 weeks but i can guarantee you it is a very good blade.

Reactions: tt_beginner
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Give it at least 2 weeks but i can guarantee you it is a very good blade.
yes, I like the feel of the ball hitting the blade, I guess 2 weeks would be enough to get accustomed to the new feel, I'm more excited to play nowadays, my subconscious is still expecting the Solo feel in matches lol

This user has no status.
yup both sides are Max Vega Japan, what is the thickness of Max btw? 2.2mm? couldn't find a 2.0 here

Vega Japan comes in 1.8, 2.0 or MX. I am assuming Max would likely be 2.2mm.

New rubbers that has been advertised with thinner topsheet may have 2.3mm as Max.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
what is the difference between difference thickness? besides the weight

Speed and Control.

Thicker sponge has a higher speed rating and control increase with thinner sponges.

Simple comparison, if using Max sponges cause shots to overshoot the table, using a version with thinner version helps keeps it within the table.
Assuming you are using the same strength and strokes.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Speed and Control.

Thicker sponge has a higher speed rating and control increase with thinner sponges.

Simple comparison, if using Max sponges cause shots to overshoot the table, using a version with thinner version helps keeps it within the table.
Assuming you are using the same strength and strokes.
so that is why some of my balls are going long lol but like yogi said I need a few weeks to get accustomed to it