Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

Darko is a really high quality player - Harimoto has limitations, but there is no reason Darko can't beat him. Harimoto is not that much better especially since Darko improved his backhand countering game.

What I meant there are players who can adapt to the game, who can change the strategy if things go wrong. Even Ma Long sometimes uses BH service. I do not see any changes in strategy or new options in game watching Harimoto. Sometimes it is easier to walk around instead of breaking through the wall.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

What I meant there are players who can adapt to the game, who can change the strategy if things go wrong. Even Ma Long sometimes uses BH service. I do not see any changes in strategy or new options in game watching Harimoto. Sometimes it is easier to walk around instead of breaking through the wall.

This wasn't that kind of game. This game was more 50-50. It was never like Harimoto felt he lost control. He lost the critical points at the end of game 6 and 7. What you are describing is the kind of thing that happens when the opponent beats you badly in the first two or 3 games and you are becoming desparate. Harimoto was in this match up until the end. He even righted the ship in game 4 when it appeared he could lose in 5 games.

Reactions: Richie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Mima is not losing time. 4-0 against the Thai player. no problem.
YU Mengyu won against CHENG I Ching who overcelebrated her XD bronze medal and now she's through the QF, quite unexpectedly.

i still think we're straight headed for CM / ISHIKAWA and ITO / SYS
especially now that ISHIKAWA has avoided CIC. i don't see her losing YMY and i can't see ITO losing to JJH even though it she's had some not easy matches against her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Interesting...
Is the situation possible theoretically - Ishikawa and Ito will meet in the fight for bronze?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

This wasn't that kind of game. This game was more 50-50. It was never like Harimoto felt he lost control. He lost the critical points at the end of game 6 and 7. What you are describing is the kind of thing that happens when the opponent beats you badly in the first two or 3 games and you are becoming desparate. Harimoto was in this match up until the end. He even righted the ship in game 4 when it appeared he could lose in 5 games.

Well Jorgic was beating him Black and Blue with his powerfull BH down the line. Most of time Harimoto was chaseing the ball trying to put it back with short wrist movements. Of course the match was close but as I remember Harimoto was much better in their previous matches. That means he should have control on the game as much higher ranked and better player. In fact he was never in control during whole match. Many times he had to chase the score beeing down. So for me if the game plan does not work and the match can go both ways I would change tactics, even with long serve from time to time to keep your opponent guessing, especially when Jorgic does not have great footwork.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
That was a cute fist bump from Ovtcharov lol.. Guess that's it for the Japanese Men's this time

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Harimoto didn't have an advantage in serve/receive as well, so it was a difficult match for him

in the post match interview, Harimoto wasn't crying, said Jorgic is very strong (ok), and strangely said he had no regrets because he said he prepared and played the best he could (who could seriously agree with that ??)

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Harimoto didn't have an advantage in serve/receive as well, so it was a difficult match for him

in the post match interview, Harimoto wasn't crying, said Jorgic is very strong, and strangely said he had no regrets because he said he prepared and played the best he could.

Exactly. He lost to a good player. It isn't what he wanted, but it was what he could do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
sure Jorgic is a (very) good player , and I've seen him play before.

but Harimoto didn't play all-out, like Jorgic did, like Mizutani did.

Personally when I lose a match where i feel i could have tried things differently , or taken more risks for example, i DO have regrets. I think he could have tried to go one gear up still, even if that meant making more mistakes. just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: jammmail
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The most international MS QF round in how long?

CHN FZD
KOR JYS

TPE LYJ
SLO Jorgic

EGY Assar
CHN ML

BRA Calderano
GER Ovtcharov

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
You cant play unless you sweat heavy all over.
Seeing that all Chinese barely sweated, they all shall go shattered at the end.

Last edited: