United States
    Read 0 Reviews

Hurricane long 5 vs hurricane long 5x review

Me: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHF...szprStg/videos
    rating: 2100usatt conventional 2 wing attacker

I"m going to keep it short.

Info:
    - both blade is exactly 88g
    - when testing both use the exact same rubber (i just peel it off and stick to another paddle).

Technical differences:
    - hl5 is more head heavy
    - hl5x is more handle heavy
    - hl5 have more dwell and provide a more powerful shot.
    - hl5x is faster off bounce but less powerful cuz it doesn't flex like hl5

Summary:
    The difference between hl5 and hl5x is like alc vs zlc. hl5 flexs when you hit it hard while hl5x is stiff. They are both very powerful blade definitely more powerful than my viscaria.

Also, ths is not hte first hl5 and hl5x i tried, in the past i tried my friend's hl5 and hl5x and my conclusion is exactly the same. hl5 is indeed more head heavy while hl5x is more handle heavy. I miss more shots with hl5 but at the same time shot produce by hl5 is more powerful.

/thread

says Hips 1st

Established TTD Member 92 166
    L
    says Hips 1st

Established TTD Member 166 92
    Thanks for the review. By chance, can you compare DHS PG5 with HL5 or PG5X with HL5X?

I tried PG5 and wasn't excited from it, and according ttgearlab those blades (and FangBo) have the same composition. So it would be interesting to know the difference. Also PG5 felt less powerful than Viscaria, and you say HL5 is more powerful.

says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 521 1,233
    K
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 1,233 521
    Quote Originally Posted by latej
    Thanks for the review. By chance, can you compare DHS PG5 with HL5 or PG5X with HL5X?

I tried PG5 and wasn't excited from it, and according ttgearlab those blades (and FangBo) have the same composition. So it would be interesting to know the difference. Also PG5 felt less powerful than Viscaria, and you say HL5 is more powerful.
    I would consider speed a function of user input. In Layman's terms race car might have crappy lowend power but a lot of high rpm power, a street car usually has better low end and midrange but does not really make a lot in the top. That is why true race car does not like driving on the street and street car might not excel on the race track. If you have strike of a superman blade A might be better but if you cannot make that power consistently blade B might be faster since the threshold to make the power is lower for blade B.

says Hips 1st

Established TTD Member 92 166
    L
    says Hips 1st

Established TTD Member 166 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    I would consider speed a function of user input. In Layman's terms race car might have crappy lowend power but a lot of high rpm power, a street car usually has better low end and midrange but does not really make a lot in the top. That is why true race car does not like driving on the street and street car might not excel on the race track. If you have strike of a superman blade A might be better but if you cannot make that power consistently blade B might be faster since the threshold to make the power is lower for blade B.
    Understand the point. I thought about it the same way, in connection to Ma Long's stroke.

Still, it would be interesting to hear from someone who tried both, or FangBo...