Hurricane King 3 vs h301

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hello,

I hope everybody is having a pleasant day. I had a question about these 2 blades. I know tons of people who have played with h301 and say it is linear, near all wood, and has almost no shortcomings. However I haven't met any who have played with hking 3. I believe the only difference is in the type of composite fiber that is used, but could someone provide a comprehensive comparison of these 2 blades? Is hking 3 similar to long 5? Is it head heavy or balanced? Is it a well suited blade for backhand? I know one of my rubbers will be a blue sponge h3 neo, but the other I have no idea.

P.S if you like to provide some info about nittaku septear, more than appreciated, but the focus is the comparison of these 2 guys.

Thank you in advance for your responses :).

I have a hurricane king 3 but can't compare it to h301 as I don't have one and only briefly tried it from my friend. Sorry! Hopefully this is still useful to you

I really like this blade, it's one of my favorite blades. It's hard with a lot of dwell time, and when you hit through it provides a lot of power and speed. It's perfect for mid distance looping! Like h301, the feel of hk3 is also close to all wood blade, lots of feeling, vibration and has flex too.
I found blocking a little hard at first, imho the throw angle of the blade is pretty low.

Similarly to other DHS blades, it's head heavy. it's OK for backhand (for me, rpb) but definitely much more suited to forehand(perfect for wang liqin's massive forehand)

This is definitely more suited to people with chinese rubbers or chinese style technique. An excellent blade!

Reactions: shahdul
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I have a hurricane king 3 but can't compare it to h301 as I don't have one and only briefly tried it from my friend. Sorry! Hopefully this is still useful to you

I really like this blade, it's one of my favorite blades. It's hard with a lot of dwell time, and when you hit through it provides a lot of power and speed. It's perfect for mid distance looping! Like h301, the feel of hk3 is also close to all wood blade, lots of feeling, vibration and has flex too.
I found blocking a little hard at first, imho the throw angle of the blade is pretty low.

Similarly to other DHS blades, it's head heavy. it's OK for backhand (for me, rpb) but definitely much more suited to forehand(perfect for wang liqin's massive forehand)

This is definitely more suited to people with chinese rubbers or chinese style technique. An excellent blade!
Thank you! when you say flex, is it like the innerforce ALC? I went back to my garaydia t5000 for the sake of having something that is "linear" because the innerforce was so flexy. I am looking for a linear blade, not a fan of flexible blades at all.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I've played with King 3 for 5 years, and compared to H301 (of my friend) it's harder, more linear, much more bouncier. It's all about attacking so blocking maybe a bit hard. H301 is crispier, better at blocking and opening loops.

1000091692.jpg