This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 2
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 2 0

User Info Menu

Apr 2021
    Philippines
    Read 0 Reviews

Which rubbers for stiga offensive classic?

Hi!
    I have started playing stiga offensive classic, because I hoped that this at some point could improve my skills. I used to play with butterfly primorac off- with tenergy 05FX and after just 2 weeks of training I noticed a lot of progress. I could more often keep the ball on the table and I had quality in my topspin shots. It's worth to mention that this blade was a bit crack at the handle. It may seems so strange but I think I had a lot of control. I think the parameters have changed to ALL+. It was very flexible and soft. But unfortunately the condition of primorac day after day became bad and had to be repaired
    When I started playing it again, the parameters changed a lot, it became very stiff. After this I started playing Petr Korbel also with tenergy 05FX. I didn't feel control I think It was to fast for me and my skills that I was working on deteriorated again.
    Now I am playing stiga offenisve classic with tenergy05 with one layer of boost. I think this set of rubbers and blade doesn't forgive mistakes. It's really fast and very hard. I have to make really fast move. In exercises it's possible but when I play matches it's become so tough, I think I'm not at this level and blade need to help me a little bit. Can you help me in choosing rubbers for stiga? Or do you now any blades which are all+/off-or similar to primorac, I mean soft and flexible?
    I would like to add that I'm training about 25h a week

says CHO!

Senior TTD Member 600 756
    says CHO!

Senior TTD Member 756 600

User Info Menu

Jan 2017
    Europe
    Read 2 Reviews
    Actually this setup is pretty flexible, Stiga OC is a blade is that off- by today’s standards and not that demanding.

If you have Problems with that setup then the rubber should be softer, try going for something like Hexer Duro, Vega Intro, Nittaku Factive. Those are all medium hard but quite a bit easier to play with than your Tenergy.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 5
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 1

User Info Menu

Mar 2021
    Aaland
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 04ra
    Hi!
    I have started playing stiga offensive classic, because I hoped that this at some point could improve my skills. I used to play with butterfly primorac off- with tenergy 05FX and after just 2 weeks of training I noticed a lot of progress. I could more often keep the ball on the table and I had quality in my topspin shots. It's worth to mention that this blade was a bit crack at the handle. It may seems so strange but I think I had a lot of control. I think the parameters have changed to ALL+. It was very flexible and soft. But unfortunately the condition of primorac day after day became bad and had to be repaired
    When I started playing it again, the parameters changed a lot, it became very stiff. After this I started playing Petr Korbel also with tenergy 05FX. I didn't feel control I think It was to fast for me and my skills that I was working on deteriorated again.
    Now I am playing stiga offenisve classic with tenergy05 with one layer of boost. I think this set of rubbers and blade doesn't forgive mistakes. It's really fast and very hard. I have to make really fast move. In exercises it's possible but when I play matches it's become so tough, I think I'm not at this level and blade need to help me a little bit. Can you help me in choosing rubbers for stiga? Or do you now any blades which are all+/off-or similar to primorac, I mean soft and flexible?
    I would like to add that I'm training about 25h a week
    I'm not a guru, but you should to stop tuning your rubber, then will be easier play with it.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 21
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 21 28

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by arietanke
    I'm not a guru, but you should to stop tuning your rubber, then will be easier play with it.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk
    I agree with this, and since none of the more experienced equipment members have responded yet, it seems counterproductive to boost spring-sponge type rubbers to me? Good luck, and looking forward to more decisive answers!

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 11
    I
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 11 3

User Info Menu

May 2021
    UK
    Read 0 Reviews
    A few years ago in my country, Offensive Classic + Donic Baracula on both sides are almost a go-to setup recommended by coaches, I guess due to its forgiveness. Maybe you can try rubbers that has similar characteristics of it.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,744 5,848
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 5,848 2,744
    Rakza Z forehand and DNA M backhand.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 107 276
    L
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 276 107

User Info Menu

Rakza 7 works excellent with this blade.

Cheers
    L-zr