Donic Baracuda

This user has no status.
Hi guys,

My coach wants me to change my fh rubber DHS SKYLINE to donic.

Well I think it would be a good change but I really loved the feel of the Skyline.

So how is Donic Baracuda compared to Dhs Hurricane 3 or Skyline 3?

How is it close to the Hurricanes?

If not that close can you tell me some Donic rubbers that come closest to the DHS hurricane 3s.

The characteristics that my style really suits for a rubber is that it has/is:

A (very) or ( medium) Hard Sponge

Give loads of spin

Durable

Has a low throw

Plsssss. I really need your opinions guys.

BTW my playing style is:

Aggressive

Loving playing counterloops (which is my strength)

Put lots of spin on services

Playing with a very deadly 3rd balls

Plays on mid- court and usually quite close to the table.

I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Thank you .:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
To me, TG 3 is harder to control, as it is more emphasize on the speed than the spin itself. But for baracuda, this rubber just amazingly able to produce alots of spin. And since you like to play on close table~mid range, baracuda should be a good choice.

If you still struggle in between, just go ahead and check the consistency of your attack when using TG 3. If it is very high (more than 50%), maybe you can keep as it is, just keep your TG 3. Else, you can just switch it. This is what I notice when I switch from TG 3 to TG 2, I gain more control after switch the power, although I may lost some of the power, but the weight training in my workout routine helps me on this part.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hi guys,

My coach wants me to change my fh rubber DHS SKYLINE to donic.

Well I think it would be a good change but I really loved the feel of the Skyline.

So how is Donic Baracuda compared to Dhs Hurricane 3 or Skyline 3?

How is it close to the Hurricanes?

If not that close can you tell me some Donic rubbers that come closest to the DHS hurricane 3s.

The characteristics that my style really suits for a rubber is that it has/is:

A (very) or ( medium) Hard Sponge

Give loads of spin

Durable

Has a low throw

Plsssss. I really need your opinions guys.

BTW my playing style is:

Aggressive

Loving playing counterloops (which is my strength)

Put lots of spin on services

Playing with a very deadly 3rd balls

Plays on mid- court and usually quite close to the table.

I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Thank you .:D

There must be a reason why your coach ask you to change your rubber. You should listen to him and try the new rubber for a few sessions to understand the benefits and advantages of your new rubber over Chinese rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
There must be a reason why your coach ask you to change your rubber. You should listen to him and try the new rubber for a few sessions to understand the benefits and advantages of your new rubber over Chinese rubber.

Or maybe you should just first ask what is the reason that your coach wants you to switch the rubber for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
There is a really big difference!
The Baracuda has a really high throw-angle, you can compare it to Tenergy 05. The Skyline has a low throw-angle. My friend plays a Vega Asia on his forehand and a Baracuda on his backhand. Someday he changed the forehand side with the backhand. And he hit no single topspin with his baracuda on his forehand! Every ball goes over the table. Because the throw-angle is so high!

Besides there is a big difference between Baracuda and Skyline at catapult, the baracuda has much more!

=> Baracuda = high throw => does not fit to you!

But you could test the Tibhar Aurus. You can get a lot of spin with it, has a low throw and the sponge is hard! If the sponge is too hard you can choose Aurus Soft( despite of the name the sponge is still medium)

The Aurus is really good! I played my best table tennis with it, it was incredible!

This user has no status.
i have just tested the Tibhar Aurus (red) , and the Aurus soft(black) in 1,9mm and i can say that what Bollforte94 said is right. Very good spin, less catapult than a Genius imo, and the Aurus soft has a 40 degree sponge (i would say like a standard Sriver L), i would say medium throw (not clearly low throw)