Is the Donic Baracuda the same as it was in the beginning (2009/2010)?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I love this rubber pretty much because of its very handy and convenient properties (you know I'm talking about the spin here).

I was a bit skeptical to try it out mainly because of being designed for the celluloid ball, but a review and my experiences showed me that it is good for the plastic ball.

In my previous club I had a teammate who used Baracuda for a time and told me it is a good rubber and Donic may have changed something on its composition (sponge / topsheet?) to be useful for the plastic ball (the ball since 2014?). Since the Baracuda is produced in blue, too, can it be that Donic have something changed or is it way it was in 2009?

Thanks.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The answer is likely a no. Donic is known to change (perhaps update is the better word) the formula for its popular models.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
The answer is likely a no. Donic is known to change (perhaps update is the better word) the formula for its popular models.

Might be the case, but then why didn't the Donic change the formula for the Baracuda, as it is quite a popular model, isn't it? Or is it? From what I've read it is/was popular.

Jan 2018
As stated in that thread, both Baracuda and Acuda S1 have received an "update".

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews