Am I the only one...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
who finds it boring to root for the players like Wang Hao, Zhang Jike, Ma Long? I'd much rather root for an underdog where the matches will be interesting and a battle the majority of the time, and someone who could develop in he future

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Trust me buddy, there're many out there would like to support other players. Though I enjoy watching Ma Long, Jike, Wang Hao, Ma Lin, I always root for the opponents. Or at least if the opponents can give them a good scare, it would be enough for me. But, any tournament will not be the same without them around.:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Other than Wang Hao and Xu Xin I don't really root for the CNT. Ma Long and ZJK are fantastic to watch but their constant winning is just not that fun. Loved it when Joo Se Hyuk nearly beat of them this year.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
who finds it boring to root for the players like Wang Hao, Zhang Jike, Ma Long? I'd much rather root for an underdog where the matches will be interesting and a battle the majority of the time, and someone who could develop in he future

I like the european style more, I'd rather support someone like Saive or Primorac the old schoolers still going hard. Plus Saive has an awesome attitude and is a nice guy and ZJK is just something else lol

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Did you miss, in the world team championship when I announced that I voted for Portugal to win the tournament because it was too boring to vote for China and that, Portugal had as good a chance as anyone of beating China and that I did not think they would lose a match, but that I would be rooting for them to lose against all their opponents. :)

I have my realist side. I might be rooting against a player or team in a sporting event but, when I know that player or team is going to win, I will say what I think.

I will root against them, but this year at the Olympics, China will probably have two men on the podium for the gold and silver medals in the table tennis men's singles event in London. I might root for Michael Maze and Timo Boll and Dima and Jun and anyone else who can stand in the way of Wang and Zhang, but, I would be very surprised if the finals has any non-Chinese players in it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hi all i am Kind Way. I newly join this site from Pakistan. I am very happy to join this very interesting and informative discussion forum. I like it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Trust me, you are not the only one, I support underdogs often :)

But, Yosua, I thought Joo was always the favorite against the Chinese. Right? :) It is true Yosua, you always seem to put your heart on the line for underdogs. I love it.

cmetsbeltran15 said:
but the machines are boring imo D:

Except when you get to see the machine break down. :)

I will never forget watching Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson in a sports club full of people rooting for Tyson. It was amazing to see the machine break, and crumble. You could see the cogs stop spinning and the gears lock up. It was fun last weekend to see Koki take care of Ma Long too and how Ma Long got more and more panic stricken as the match went on. :) No disrespect to Ma Long. I love his forehand. But I love to see it when someone really takes care of him like that. It is especially fun when it is a kid like Koki Niwa.

But I always like seeing a good, close competitive match between players at that high a level.

Last edited: