Victas V > 20 Double Extra Review

This user has no status.
@Peter93
Thanks for the quick feedback. I can only recommend the Joola Rhyzen ZGR. Everyone is talking about the Dynaryz, but this series of rubber is too much for my skills. The Rhyzen ZGR is working very well for me. Better than Tibhar MX-D or XIOM O7A, which I played earlier.

This week I will receive a DHS Hurricane 9 in blue (I was curious about the color and if it really plays different from H3 Neo), but fear that the DHS is not as linear as the ZGR. The previous trys with DHS (H3, H3 Neo, Skyline etc) rubbers always had this tipping point, where playing passiv was too slow and playing active gave you unpredictable results. I never got used to this. But the new DHS H9 concept seem to be closer to the ESN Hybrids, so I have hope...

I'll let you know, once Victas responded to my questions, but it looks like a design flaw, which would be a pitty, because the initial product performance is really excellent.

Victas rubbers have always been on the lower end of viability imo. I remember playing with V > 01 Stiff and after a couple of weeks it was totally gone. My coach who is ~2400 had been using V > 15 Extra, but switched to Dignics 80 because he found they just last much longer.

Considering Platinum XH, Hurricane 3 Provincial (Blue Sponge), Nexus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect, or I might just go back to Fastarc G1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
@Peter93
Thanks for the quick feedback. I can only recommend the Joola Rhyzen ZGR. Everyone is talking about the Dynaryz, but this series of rubber is too much for my skills. The Rhyzen ZGR is working very well for me. Better than Tibhar MX-D or XIOM O7A, which I played earlier.

This week I will receive a DHS Hurricane 9 in blue (I was curious about the color and if it really plays different from H3 Neo), but fear that the DHS is not as linear as the ZGR. The previous trys with DHS (H3, H3 Neo, Skyline etc) rubbers always had this tipping point, where playing passiv was too slow and playing active gave you unpredictable results. I never got used to this. But the new DHS H9 concept seem to be closer to the ESN Hybrids, so I have hope...

I'll let you know, once Victas responded to my questions, but it looks like a design flaw, which would be a pitty, because the initial product performance is really excellent.

What did Victas say about the durability?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hi. Victas did reply and they said, that so far (back in September 2022) they have not received other customer complaint about the V>20.

They offered me another sheet for a discounted prize, but I didn‘t find the time to test it yet (our season is still running). But since I also didn‘t read anything negative on the rubber in our German TT forum, I assume I was just unlucky in my first order.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hi. Victas did reply and they said, that so far (back in September 2022) they have not received other customer complaint about the V>20.

They offered me another sheet for a discounted prize, but I didn‘t find the time to test it yet (our season is still running). But since I also didn‘t read anything negative on the rubber in our German TT forum, I assume I was just unlucky in my first order.
Do you think it's worth me trying it out on backhand? It's a bit cheaper than V>15 here, 44 usd vs 50 usd. I play all kinds of shots on backhand but mostly attacking shots, I like how I can control the pace with the v>15 and v>20 should do the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Hi. I play Victas for about 4 months 3-4 times a week for 2-3 hours. I have not experienced the problems mentioned above. The rubber is still grippy, may have lost some speed, but still good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Difficult to tell. How sensitive are you with respect to sponge hardness? The V>20 is much harder than the V>15. I prefer harder rubbers in BH. But I play it on FH and prefer the Joola Rhyzen ZGR (even harder) on BH.
I'm quite not sure, I've used the V>15 on my viscaria and stiga allround. It feels like a rocket when any spin is involved on both. I may have trouble on starting spin (attacking no spin, float balls) with the stiga. I was thinking the alc would mitigate that but even when it was new I would drop the shot in the net sometimes. Im not sure if that's cause of the topsheet or I cant utilize it.

What I'm really trying to replicate is gewo hype xt pro 50. It's topsheet feels a bit softer than V>15, harder sponge but it wasn't catapulty. Controlled but deadly when you want it to. Gewo lacked speed, i just need a bit more speed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Yuto Muramatsu interview about V20 double extra
Victas yet again, honestly probably the best brand for modern defenders. They got TSP curl, spectol and their blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Tried V20 double extra, its good when you're doing open ups. The problem is when you're countering with spin. It just doesnt grip. Which leads to why its so good at smashing.

It's so insensitive that you can't spin with its high arc. It judt becomes a speed rubber.

Somehow all the victas rubbers are speed rubbers. V>15, 20 22

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
seems victas are making a softer version of V20 at 47.5 degrees
GFS_14GXsAAszXz

from the victas japan catalogue

Reactions: jammmail