Fastarc G-1 vs V>15 extra on backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
In need of a backhand rubber.
While Fastarc and V>15 have been discussed separately. I want to see what the differences are in its hardness.
V>15 extra after 4 months of use is too hard to be used on my backhand and I need something softer/easier to activate not named Tenergy 05 (too bouncy).

V>15 has a hard top sheet and it just ejects the ball rapidly when the sponge is engaged. Does the fastarc g-1 have a softer topsheet or the same problem?
What other rubbers could I use? I'd like to not have to use Andro if possible as I cannot easily acquire their rasanter rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'd say the G-1 has a medium hard top sheet. If you want a softer top sheet but still have a firm(ish) sponge, try the Hammond Z2. Also stay away from the Vega X. These folks measure rubber hardness from the topsheet. You can browse their videos for the hardness and also low end rebound speed.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
In need of a backhand rubber.
While Fastarc and V>15 have been discussed separately. I want to see what the differences are in its hardness.
V>15 extra after 4 months of use is too hard to be used on my backhand and I need something softer/easier to activate not named Tenergy 05 (too bouncy).

V>15 has a hard top sheet and it just ejects the ball rapidly when the sponge is engaged. Does the fastarc g-1 have a softer topsheet or the same problem?
What other rubbers could I use? I'd like to not have to use Andro if possible as I cannot easily acquire their rasanter rubbers.
I would say G-1 has a hard top sheet with medium-hard sponge. If you want something softer and easier to loop, go with C-1. There is a reason why G-1 and C-1 are top sellers on TT11. I have not used and I have not heard of anyone using P-1 or S-1.

Supposedly the gradation is G-1 is harder than P-1 which is harder than C-1, which is harder than S-1.

But most people simply jump between C-1 and G-1 to find their favorite one. No one seems to bother touching P-1 or S-1 for the most part.

I used G-1 on 5-ply wood blade. Now I have switched to carbon blade, C-1 is a better choice for sure.

Reactions: WingTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I'd say the G-1 has a medium hard top sheet. If you want a softer top sheet but still have a firm(ish) sponge, try the Hammond Z2. Also stay away from the Vega X. These folks measure rubber hardness from the topsheet. You can browse their videos for the hardness and also low end rebound speed.
That's what I'm talking about. I have power suitable for boosted 53 degree rubbers or 50 degree rubbers. It's just engaging the rubber is the problem on these low spin receives.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
But according to them, z2 is 31.5 degrees while k3, v>15, g-1 are 30.5 degrees.
This is a doozy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
But according to them, z2 is 31.5 degrees while k3, v>15, g-1 are 30.5 degrees.
This is a doozy
Their measurement probably got some of the hardness of the sponge as well. My recommendations are from personal experience owning and playing all the rubbers I mentioned.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I got Fastarc g-1 and comparing to V>15. They have similar output, biggest difference is their topsheet feeling and hit window.

V>15 extra has like a small area where it EXPLODES and the rest of the rubber is dead, good for changing pace.

Fastarc g-1 is more solid and has a more stretched topsheet. The grip on it is omnipresent. Flicks with it are comparatively easier.

Both need thin contacts on power shots to stay on the table when playing close.

Fastarc goes on bh and V>15 would be better on forehand. Although both lack the penetrating power of newer 53 degree rubbers and chinese rubbers. Not enough to the point where I'd go away from H3, Tau 2 or K3 comparatives.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I believe he asked for a rubber not too bouncy like tenergy 05, you are referring to him a rubber that is faster and bouncier than tenergy 05 lmfaooo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
maybe go with dna pro medium first, since you dont want that much speed and its cheaper. Plus, the sponge hardnesses are the same??
Actually i have another thread where i'm looking for an upgrade in sponge hardness from V>15 extra.

Currently im deciding between V>22 and omega 7 tour i (50 deg)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I believe he asked for a rubber not too bouncy like tenergy 05, you are referring to him a rubber that is faster and bouncier than tenergy 05 lmfaooo
The ask of softer/easier to activate (for the backhand) but not too bouncy like Tenergy 05 which sound a bit contradictory, I take to mean something that grabs with a softer topsheet so it is easy to do things like slow loop underspins with but is not too spin sensitive. The Hammond Z2 to me can fit the bill as it has a softer topsheet than the G1 and the Victas rubbers I've tried but is purported to have a 50 degree sponge, which is harder than Tenergy 05 and may only be faster than T05 if it is hit hard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
The ask of softer/easier to activate (for the backhand) but not too bouncy like Tenergy 05 which sound a bit contradictory, I take to mean something that grabs with a softer topsheet so it is easy to do things like slow loop underspins with but is not too spin sensitive. The Hammond Z2 to me can fit the bill as it has a softer topsheet than the G1 and the Victas rubbers I've tried but is purported to have a 50 degree sponge, which is harder than Tenergy 05 and may only be faster than T05 if it is hit hard.
Yep, soft topsheet. V>15 has this dead inelastic topsheet which makes it harder to activate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Okay, update:

Went back to V>15 extra, due to a switch in blade and Hope.
The batch I got is loads better than before. V>15 really sings on an outer layer blade.
It feels so good that I could play well with it on forehand.

Tried Fastarc G-1, immediately hated it on this blade. It curls so much and is too slow or too bouncy for backhand/forehand respectively.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp