World Table Tennis Championships - Paris 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I dont think so, the olympics already limit the entrance at 2 per country, why also the wttc?
If a non-chinese player would go to the final or even win, it would mean much more for him, since he knows he competed with the elite.
If no chinese player would participate (lets just say) and Boll/Mizutani/Dima or whoever would win, everybody would still say:
" Yeah wow, he won, but if the chinese would have played they wouldnt be the winner" or similar.
It just gives more chance to other countries, imagine going into an event and knowing I will either lose early or lose to a Chinese.
China is always dominating the top and I would like to see other countries topping too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It just gives more chance to other countries, imagine going into an event and knowing I will either lose early or lose to a Chinese.
China is always dominating the top and I would like to see other countries topping too.
But other countries already have the chance in Olympics and World Cup. Grand Finals and WTTC are for everyone, and the best should play. It doesn't matter if you lose to a Chinese or to a European, Korean, Japanese or another country. If you lose, you are out, if you win, you go on. At the end the best individual wins. That's what makes the WTTC so great.