Playing againstlongt pimples at the table.

says Back on TTD finally 🥳
Playing against long pimples at the table.

Hey guys I have a question. Today's evening I'm playing against a player with long pimples. He stands at the table and blocks with his pimples. He is not very aggressive but doesn't have the classical defence game. He just stands there and waits for the ball to hit with his pimples. The block comes mostly short to my side of the table with a huge amount of backspin. I'm a offensive player and try to do as much topspins as I can but against him slow spinny topspins don't work. I have two tactics for this evening: tactic 1: Playing high defensive balls. He shouldn't be able to hit the ball right with his pimples.tactic 2: Play my topspin as fast as I can, so he'll be too slow to reach the ball. Do you have any ideas or tips for me? :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
You can try play long serve into his elbow. Then you can start with topspin to the FH corner. I think he will be too late to block it, but if he does with his long pimples try to push the ball into his BH and then again FH topspin. The other thing is that you can serve into his BH short with a backspin and after his push with pimples you can smash the ball or attack fast topspin into his BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
You have to learn how to flick by smashing backspin balls by hting the ball flat (not diagonal like when you're looping) so that the surface of your bat rolls over the ball. And once you master that it'll be very easy to beat pimple players because then you can constantly manipulate with them, one time you do flick and other you loop. Another thing don't push but push only in very rare situations when the opponent thinks you're about to makhe a big attack whether loop or flick and suddenly you do a push as a trick. Because normally they easily smash backspin balls but it's useful when they're not expecting it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
if you didnt get any pimples ill say dont play defensive... hes a defensive player and should be better at thist than you.. yes u said good by playing topspins with not to much spin but best would be if u variate it. for the serve u can try to play a short hidden serve to his pimple site .. from my own experience ive seen many pimpleplayers playing the ball over the table;)

schöne Grüße aus Deutschland und viel GLück :)

Reactions: Masta5
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
1. long fast no spin serve to his pimples and then rip it with the forehand topspin , preferably to the wings
2. don't serve short and spinny unless your footwork is like twinkle toes :p
3. push hard , be prepared to push no spin balls
4. try alternate push and topspin if it goes to his pips
5. remember they cannot create spin , they can only play with your spin.

always try to remember what spin you put. I find it very helpful to visualize the returns that can come off my serves. side under will come as side top in the opposite direction , etc. etc.

However, if you can decisively play against his pips and get on a roll, he will have trouble figuring out a Plan B

Reactions: Masta5
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Long pimple rubbers will return a topspin ball with backspin and a backspin ball will be returned with with topspin.
You should serve long with backspin and he will return it with topspin or no spin. Smash that ball! If he return it, the ball have backspin and you should return it with a long push. He will return it with topspin or no spin. Smash that ball again! You can do this until he loss the point.