What's wrong my serve??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hmm..In my case, I loose grip the racket when I swing with pendulum, then I hit the ball holding powerfuly with my wrist but I do not only use my wrist but also arm.

I have experienced that i have used only wrist power to serve, then the ball has been only "spin ball" and short ball not powerful or fast. But when I use my arm to accelerate speed to hit the ball, then the ball really goes fast, powerful spin and low angle(with very little bounce), so opponent has difficult in driving or smash, they use just cut or flip. So.. I want to do this service without my hand skin problem.

So, yeah I have used my wrist with my arm but you tell me if i want to maintain for soft hand, then I have to priority to wrist impact not arm swing. I understand. Thanks!!:)
Actually both arm and wrist are important, maybe wrist little bit more. The most important thing is not to hold the racket to stiff. All damages in your hand have basis in wrong racket holding or holding it to stiff.

Reactions: RyanLol
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Actually both arm and wrist are important, maybe wrist little bit more. The most important thing is not to hold the racket to stiff. All damages in your hand have basis in wrong racket holding or holding it to stiff.
Yeah.. I need to check my grip and not to hold stiffness.

But I have a question. If I am not holding stiff when I hit the ball(Impact), then I think that other accident will follow because of throwing the racket caused loosing grip.

How do you think of it? Thank you!:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
You need to find the compromise between feeling ( if you hold the racket tight, you get more feeling - some people say control) and power and spin ( if you relax your hand, you definitely det more spin, more power and find the play easier, especially topspin against heavy backspin). Of course this is not easy, everybody has to find his own way to hold the racket. But the most important thing is to be comfortable while playing, if you are not then something is wrong with your handhold.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
You need to find the compromise between feeling ( if you hold the racket tight, you get more feeling - some people say control) and power and spin ( if you relax your hand, you definitely det more spin, more power and find the play easier, especially topspin against heavy backspin). Of course this is not easy, everybody has to find his own way to hold the racket. But the most important thing is to be comfortable while playing, if you are not then something is wrong with your handhold.
Definitly! Thank you so much!!:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Its definetely something with too much friction which means that you dont have a firm grip of the paddle or it slides against your finger somehow so try to pay attention to that (why it happens). If the serve doesnt feel comfortable, experiment a bit and make it comfortable!Its ok to have some blisters from time to time but to get your skin peeled of is definetely not normal :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Its definetely something with too much friction which means that you dont have a firm grip of the paddle or it slides against your finger somehow so try to pay attention to that (why it happens). If the serve doesnt feel comfortable, experiment a bit and make it comfortable!Its ok to have some blisters from time to time but to get your skin peeled of is definetely not normal :p
Thanks! I have practiced using wrist much. Yeah, you know I hold my blade too much when I hit the ball with impact. The ball has great power but still it makes my hand bad..haha[emoji28]