Carbonado 145 & 190 - Unboxing

This user has no status.
I will give 190 more test next time if possible, but for now DHS blade took the carpet from under that Carbonado for me, but i actually can list Carbonado as second or third in my equipment list for now until i can re-assemble my JM blade again.

Waiting for more reviews about Carbonado 190

This user has no status.
Finally decided to pick up a 145. Being I've always used Balsa it was a new feel to be using a full carbon blade (I have been using balsa carbo). T05FX on FH and Calibra sound on BH. Took me 5-10 mins to get used to the throw but right away I was hitting hackhands with a sharp angle and with speed. During practice I engaged in a strong BH rally from off the table, at a speed I wasn't able to achieve with my old blades. Looping on the FH gave some interesting results that I enjoyed! The only thing that threw me off a little was the size of the handle, being Flared I wasn't expecting it to be thin like it is, but that was a simple adjustment.

Its safe to say I like this blade, results could be a little bit "off" because the blade and rubbers was like 5 hours fresh from when it arrived from the courier, but apart from that this is a blade I can start getting to learn and use well

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Question: what are the woods or ply materials/composition of this Carbonado? i want to know about 190 one, but i think 145 is the same with just placing in an angle for the textreme carbon maybe.

I think they have the same construction except from the carbons angle, I think thats the only different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
But what is the construction of any? which woods or ply layers are they consist of for the Carbonado? and what type of carbon it is?

This text is all taken from Yogi_Bears review and he described the construction very well:

I would like to point out that the 2 Carbonado blades 145 and 190 have only slight differences in that they have the same construction and wood veneers (Limba-Textreme Carbon-Ayous-Ayous Core-Ayous-Textreme Carbon-Limba). Also, the orientation of their carbon weave is their distinguishing mark. The 145 having a slanted or diagonal orientation and the 190 which has perpendicular orientation. The 2 ayous layers before and after the central ayous core are a bit hard to see at first unless you look at them closely. The Textreme carbon layers are very thin. In fact much thinner than most carbon layers of other blades presently in the market.

So the main difference I think is how the Carbon is placed in different angles. You can see it pretty good here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V884HyOG-hw

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I know about how they place the carbon, but i was looking for what the woods are used in Carbonado, thank you very much for this post.

I am trying to have a table in my PC about all my blades i have compositions or ply construction.

The thank should go to Yogi_Bear but okay. Well that sound like a great idea!

This user has no status.
The thank should go to Yogi_Bear but okay. Well that sound like a great idea!

Well, thanks to him too, but i didn't know about him and you posted about him, so it is like i thank you to post about him and his answer, and good you recognize him in the thank too, so kind from you.

Well, i almost finished my table, just 1 or 2 more blades i will ask later to be sure then i am completely done.