Carbonado 145 & 190 - Unboxing

This user has no status.
To review a blade, i'll first of all play with it, with various rubbers and only rubbers I perfectly know and with sparing partners I know well. What is interesting, I think, for most players, are comparisions with the most used and famous blades (most players know how are Viscaria or TBS playing for example and most players know how T05 is playing, they are the common "benchmarks"). And basically i'll write a review with the same main points as when I review a rubber. You can find my review of MX-P here for example : http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/7526-evolution-mx-p

basically for a blade :
Openning (blade finish, weight, balance...)
Warm up (1st feelings, sweet spot, consistency, sound, sharpness, vibrations...)
FH top spin (close to table, mid range, throw angle, flex, spin, speed, dwell time)
BH topsin (close to table, mid range, over the table)
Blocks (sensitivity to incomming spin....)
Serves (amount of spin, touch, dwell time, can I keep the ball low short and spinny all together ?)
Serve returns (pushes, short game, flicks, can I keep the ball low short and spinny ?)

This is basically what I speak about in a blade review. Also I like to let my club partners play with a blade or rubber I review and see if their feelings match mines or I they feel something I didn't...

Cool, interesting, sounds a lot of works to do!!!

Good there are people in this world who can do the job, and i am waiting your review, i will try if i can do those of what you said, and the coach i always ask to assemble the rackets for me is always testing the racket before me, so will see how will be his impression about it, he test it for few minutes only and not full game or full day, but in all cases, he sounds like he can tell the feeling immediately without needing longer time, he is a coach so maybe he knows what he is doing.

Well, i hope i didn't make a mistake by going with 190 instead of 145, and again, i still try to find rubbers to match for this blade, not sure if i should go with fast or soft or slow or whatever rubbers, but i do think i should keep this blade next to my JM as speed weapons.

Well, i hope i didn't make a mistake by going with 190 instead of 145, and again, i still try to find rubbers to match for this blade, not sure if i should go with fast or soft or slow or whatever rubbers, but i do think i should keep this blade next to my JM as speed weapons.

If I were you, I would have chose the 145 btw, the 145 seems to be close to BTY ALC and the 190 seems to be close to BTY ZLC/sZLC blades (faster, lower throw, less dwell time than ALC).....since you already have a JM (zlc blade), maybe trying a higher throw offensive blade like the 145 would have been more interessting for you.

This user has no status.
If I were you, I would have chose the 145 btw, the 145 seems to be close to BTY ALC and the 190 seems to be close to BTY ZLC/sZLC blades (faster, lower throw, less dwell time than ALC).....since you already have a JM (zlc blade), maybe trying a higher throw offensive blade like the 145 would have been more interessting for you.

I will buy another blade, in fact this Carbonado wasn't a main blade i was going to buy, i was going to buy DHS Hurricane blade but that went to "out of stock" from the online store, and i saw those both Carbonado listed as new products and within or less than $150 when they are at first nearly $200, i chose 190 due to that blue color handle.

So later i may buy 145 too, but before that i have few blades in my mind i want to buy then i can decide if i want control or speed or hard or high throwing blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for the wonderful reviews. After reading them, my impression of them in comparison is that 145 gives more arch (i.e. when looping with a closed bat, it can still produce a high arch) and more control, while the 190 gives more speed and a lower arch (which needs a more open bat to get the ball over the net on to the table). Is that correct? The other aspect I would like to ask is common question: which blade should I get or would be more suitable for me. Currently I am using Rosewood V (penhold) with Hurricane 3 Neo and bluefire JP 03. I like to play offensive, and loops. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I'm currently playing with the stiga emerald, however I have been thinking about update my gear to a faster one for a long time now. Which of the 145 and the 190 would you guys say feels the most like Emerald in terms of feeling? I want the same fantastic feel as in the Emerald but with a greater speed.

I have those blades and Emerald is nothing like either of the 2 Carbonados. They are solid and stiff with next to no vibration and minimum feedback unless you play real hard. I would say Rosewood is closer to the twins. No doubt they are faster but don't expect a similar feel.

Last edited:
They arrived :
1428650475-20150410-091605.jpg

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
I have those blades and Emerald is nothing like either of the 2 Carbonados. They are solid and stiff with next to no vibration and minimum feedback unless you play real hard. I would say Rosewood is closer to the twins. No doubt they are faster but don't expect a similar feel.
i agree with you totaly. i also hear on many forums that players want more and more stiff blades now with plasticball. do you also think like this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
i agree with you totaly. i also hear on many forums that players want more and more stiff blades now with plasticball. do you also think like this?

I believe so. I have a few 40+ blades and rubbers setups. Blades are mostly stiff and hard. Some simply go up to 7mm in thickness. Rubbers have a strong emphasis on grip and control with many gears rather than shear power and speed with high bounce. I think they are on the right track.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
I believe so. I have a few 40+ blades and rubbers setups. Blades are mostly stiff and hard. Some simply go up to 7mm in thickness. Rubbers have a strong emphasis on grip and control with many gears rather than shear power and speed with high bounce. I think they are on the right track.
think its interesting to slowly see how the table tennis world try to adapt to the new ball. i still struggle a lot my self but i hope i eventually will get there :cool:

This user has no status.
I've got my 190 by yesteryear date of out time zone, in the morning, and wasn't sure of which rubber i will use it with, so just in case i bought Tenergy 80FX as i heard it is much better than T05 or T64, also i was looking to use one EV MX-P with it if not Tenergy, so i am still not yet decided, but hope soon i can assemble it and start to play with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I've been playing with Infinity VPS for a year now and was wondering if the Carbonado 145 would suit me. I'm a bit worried this new blade will be too fast for me. How do you guys think it compares in terms of speed with Infinity VPS V?

I'm actually coming from the Infinity Vps V and is now playing with the Carbonado 190. I have also reviewed the 145 and I think it has worked well for me to go from the Infinity to the Carbonado. It's a little faster but since it got such a good control I don't think it should be any problems for you. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Giagnt I see on your profile that you are now using both of the Carbonados, which one are you playing with the most? Or can't you make up your mind yet haha? :)
I am still using the 190. The 145 is on the shelf atm. I am testing my w997 with different Bh rubbers.