Can anybody recommend a blade that is both controllable at the table and fast further from the table?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Now playing with Tibhar MK Carbon. It's a wonderful blade except for its performance at speed further from the table. I need a stronger one to attack when getting further.
NO DHS due to the thin handle, NO VISCARIA, I've tried it before, but it did not satisfy me.
Not hoping the control at the table to be so great, nor the speed further from the table. Just tryna find a blade that is relatively balanced.
Thanks!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Not hoping the control at the table to be so great, nor the speed further from the table. Just tryna find a blade that is relatively balanced.
That is exactly what we all are looking for, the holy grail of TT -blades. Matched with the perfect rubbers we will become invincible. 😂

NDH

says Spin to win!
This question is all ability related.

A good player can play fast attacking shots from behind the table with a defensive blade, better than an average player who has an attacking blade.

You are not going to get a faster blade and increase its control performance close to the table - The trade off will always be there.

If you find yourself away from the table playing attacking shots the most, then accept your close to the table control will suffer.

What was it about the Viscaria that you didn't like?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Good luck dude, my pick is the Viscaria, there's nothing that balances speed, control and feeling like it. If you want something softer the Innerforce ZLC or Ovcharov Innerforce ALC will be good picks. Maybe a Mizutani ZLC with the thick limba outer?

Reactions: Luigiii
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
This question is all ability related.

A good player can play fast attacking shots from behind the table with a defensive blade, better than an average player who has an attacking blade.

You are not going to get a faster blade and increase its control performance close to the table - The trade off will always be there.

If you find yourself away from the table playing attacking shots the most, then accept your close to the table control will suffer.

What was it about the Viscaria that you didn't like?
True, bro. The players' abilities matter most.

I didn't like Viscaria probably because its touch is hard and not so fast, which brings me a feeling that the blade is not so active, and that's why I won't be so confident to attack while using the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Good luck dude, my pick is the Viscaria, there's nothing that balances speed, control and feeling like it. If you want something softer the Innerforce ZLC or Ovcharov Innerforce ALC will be good picks. Maybe a Mizutani ZLC with the thick limba outer?
I've tried my friend's INNERFORCE ZLC, Hurricane 3 on both sides, not feeling quite good. Perhaps Tenergy or Dignics or even Evolution rubbers will be good. Mizutani ZLC and Mizutani Super ZLC might be a good choise tho.

NDH

says Spin to win!

I didn't like Viscaria probably because its touch is hard and not so fast, which brings me a feeling that the blade is not so active, and that's why I won't be so confident to attack while using the blade.
Do you have any video of you playing recently?

What rubbers did you use with the Viscaria?

To say that you found it "not so fast" would concern me slightly, as it's pretty much the fastest blade most pro's use.

What's your play style?

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I've tried my friend's INNERFORCE ZLC, Hurricane 3 on both sides, not feeling quite good. Perhaps Tenergy or Dignics or even Evolution rubbers will be good. Mizutani ZLC and Mizutani Super ZLC might be a good choise tho.
I tried a friend's inner zlc with t05 fx and t64, I liked it quite a bit, it has a higher arc than my viscaria but also a nice holding feeling. Until the carbon kicks in and drops the trajectory with good speed.

As for the mizutani slzc, it's pretty sensitive from what I hear, I don't think it's better than the normal miz zlc. Except if you want a loooot more speed.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews

Viscaria is soft though, unless you played it when it was brand new with new rubbers. After a while it breaks in and gets nice and soft. I just got my second one, sure it's hard, but it'll get much better

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Butterfly INNERFORCE T5000 blade (Limba top surface and T5000 carbon). Good control near the table and fast when full swing far from the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Do you have any video of you playing recently?

What rubbers did you use with the Viscaria?

To say that you found it "not so fast" would concern me slightly, as it's pretty much the fastest blade most pro's use.

What's your play style?
Ummm I guess I just expressed my thoughts incorrectly. Viscaria is indeed a fast blade. I was trying to say the blade is not so flexible and it cannot give me some sort of feeling like that when I am using MK Carbon - the feeling of clear feedback from the carbon. I don't know why, I sometimes feel like I am using a wooden blade while using Viscaria, with a small force hitting the ball like defending others' - well, when giving more hits on the ball that kind of feeling will join.
The rubber I used before was Hurricane 3 on the FH and Rozena on the BH, that was my friend's blade and the rubbers were both old like they had been used for a year.
tbh, the last time I played Viscaria was about 8 months before. I wasn't playing too well then, so it may still be a problem of my own ability.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I tried a friend's inner zlc with t05 fx and t64, I liked it quite a bit, it has a higher arc than my viscaria but also a nice holding feeling. Until the carbon kicks in and drops the trajectory with good speed.

As for the mizutani slzc, it's pretty sensitive from what I hear, I don't think it's better than the normal miz zlc. Except if you want a loooot more speed.
Thanks for that information, it reaaaally helps. I will consider Mizutani ZLC more lol.