Can anybody recommend a blade that is both controllable at the table and fast further from the table?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I throw in a Stiga Dynasty Carbon with a weigth of around 90g or over.
The blade combined with harder rubbers offers great control close to table and has enough power away from the table. Compared to Viscaria a more wooden touch in passive game, while still being a carbon blade with all its benefits to stiffness and power.
Handle in flared is thicker than the HL5.

Last edited:
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Actually, I played it with super old rubbers. I guess that's why I felt that the blade was nearly dead.
Yeah, that would explain it... I find the viscaria works with hurricane and tenergy. But for tenergy especially, when new it has a hard feeling, you can't really feel the grip of the rubber, but within 1 month the rubber softens a bit and starts to play more sweetly. Then after 6 months to a year, depending on how much you play, the blade starts to become clear and softer, it's a blade that requires commitment, it needs time to settle and when it does, it's a dream. It goes from feeling glassy, hard and vague to feeling velvety but crisp and accurate.

On more thing I fond is that it kind of takes the characteristics of the rubbers you put on it as well, I can't really explain it. So I guess that an old softened viscaria with dead old rubbers would be super weird.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
The blade combined with harder rubbers offers great control close to table and has enough power away from the table. Compared to Viscaria a more wooden touch in passive game, while still being a carbon blade with all its benefits to stiffness and power.
That is a good choice!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Yeah, that would explain it... I find the viscaria works with hurricane and tenergy. But for tenergy especially, when new it has a hard feeling, you can't really feel the grip of the rubber, but within 1 month the rubber softens a bit and starts to play more sweetly. Then after 6 months to a year, depending on how much you play, the blade starts to become clear and softer, it's a blade that requires commitment, it needs time to settle and when it does, it's a dream. It goes from feeling glassy, hard and vague to feeling velvety but crisp and accurate.

On more thing I fond is that it kind of takes the characteristics of the rubbers you put on it as well, I can't really explain it. So I guess that an old softened viscaria with dead old rubbers would be super weird.
Yeah, old rubbers......

Reactions: Lowday20298
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Go to a custom blade maker.
Get like a 10 mm blade that's an innerforce blade.
Or get that one ply hinoki, you'll be fueled by the power of 300 years.
We're so gonna be best friend forever!!!

That's a 10.5mm fueled by the power of 300 years in real live action.

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Is that all ????? I can hit more powerful playing with a ripe banana 😂
I can do one that exceed the speed of sound, but I sort of get that flat-hitting is a dirty word. So...

NB: Gozo Avenger Mark 1: Feel the Power of 300 year's Nature's wrath.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lodro and PeterTao
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
second this, the Dynasty has (probably) the thinnest carbon layer out there, which can only be activated when you hit hard enough, close to table it has a very controlled wood-feel. The only concern is the weight, often around 90gr. I got a cpen version which is only 83gr but it's very rare