World Cup 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Promising match for Felix Lebrun keeping the match close against ML. There was a moment where he let out a huge yell of frustration and I would've expected it to be downhill from there. But he collected himself and played better after that moment which indicates that he can reign in his emotions somewhat.

Also ML was doing a lot of what XX suggested with shots to FL short FH but he was handling them pretty well so maybe he's been training those.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Promising match for Felix Lebrun keeping the match close against ML. There was a moment where he let out a huge yell of frustration and I would've expected it to be downhill from there. But he collected himself and played better after that moment which indicates that he can reign in his emotions somewhat.

Also ML was doing a lot of what XX suggested with shots to FL short FH but he was handling them pretty well so maybe he's been training those.
IDK if I'd say he handled them well. He mostly pushed long to ML's BH which as we know is not very strong. That's a very simple tactic which would be quite dangerous against any of the other top players on the CNT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I get that to some extent. But one of the things you learn is that perception is reality. It is hard-core fans like us that know all these details. Most people just want to watch something else entertaining. Players should just do that.
you are right, and that is life for everything in life
only hard core fans will know if the clothes they buy is made by child labor or not.
or source of coco is ethical or not etc./

The average joe won't be bothered, but it doesn't make it right.
with educations and sharing of information, the changes will come.

players should be the core of entertainment, not board room people.
if you have read all the AGM and questions by athlete rep, the answers there are really, ignoring for any athletes.

maybe since most people just want cheap things or entertainment etc, the child labor, unethical or forcing players isn't bothered, since the people get what they want and what goes on at the back is not related to them or seen by them.
well, eventually some will rebel, as well saw already.

players can rebel, I can't say the same for those child laborers.
its a bit of a long reach, but same analogy, with people profiting and others needing to make sacrifices. Aruna can hopefully prove the legality of his "non employment, employment contract"

Athlete rep once ask for ITTF to share the salary of its staff, of which the CEO brush off as personal information.
I wish to see, how many people earn more money than the highest paid "prize money" tt player and what is the average mean salary by ITTF, versus a ranking of players earnings and see, what is going on with the spending of the money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
IDK if I'd say he handled them well. He mostly pushed long to ML's BH which as we know is not very strong. That's a very simple tactic which would be quite dangerous against any of the other top players on the CNT.
Sorry I meant to say near FH (still long on the table but not wide FH), not short FH. His FH topspins didn't look like a giant weakness for ML to exploit going by the XX video. I missed the first 2 games though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
nah weibo and tieba user have already done that for us lmao
haha
well, the depth of women's tt in cnt is better, so i'm clueless on why WYD still has so many chances. she is 27 years old, not like 22 or 23, where she still has time to prove herself.
i can understand the men's side where the depth is so shadow and players are kept for much longer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
keep playing like this and Hirano will make JTTA rethink about her Paris singles spot
Like I said, she has herself to blame for her world ranking. Jean Jihee is playing well but not 4-0 well against Hirano playing to her level. Seems Hirano is turning it around now. Good for her

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Why does LJK flip the racket around to do a smash on the high lob?

I heard that Chinese players do this to avoid smashing with the tacky side, but LJK has tacky on both sides.
Not sure. Usually backhand side is softer and less tacky but this may not apply to him. Probably habit from training when younger.