729 Bloom Power

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

This seller seems to be selling the new version with the ITTF logo. It's in the item description and also the price is a few bucks more than average. At the very least you can probably get a refund if you get the old version. I'll probably double check with the seller before buying.
Actually 729 are still making these no-ITTF logo rubbers. I have asked them why they do. And the answer is that it doesn't matter to the local Chinese market if it's approved or not. So I asked, why not only make the one with the ITTF logo then? And I haven't got a good answer there either. Now I'm waiting for Bloom Power ITTF-version production, and currently they only produce the non-ITTF approved version. I can't understand this, but there might be things that they don't tell me in this case :)

Reactions: BaRanchik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Don't think I've seen a 729 Bloom Power thread.

Bloom Power is pretty cheap, retails for around $12~ in my country, what I want to know is, what would be the best blade to use it with? I have a few blades lying around, a 729 Yellow blade, Sanwei Froster, Giant Dragon Fiberpotence ALC and a Stiga Allround Classic.
Any insight will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure on which blade of yours yo use it to. But i have tried Bloom power on a T11s, for me it's a good rubber - spins, counterspin and serves are good. Although not sure if pairing it with t11s or me - half of strong counterspin return tend to overshoot.

It is a good rubber tho, alternative of mine from j3 asia.

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
okay this is a great rubber for the price, but don't boost it too much, I boosted it with 4 layers and it went mushy, had to throw it away. I suggest 2 layers of Falco is enough.

The picture is my Bloom Power with 2 layers yesterday, after I boosted it with 2 layers last week. So a total of 4 layers

View attachment 26854
currently boosting a 45 degree one with seamoon 1 layer. Will try it on my backhand tomorrow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
it's been 2 weeks since I switched to H3 Pro Blue 39, as I became better recently and wanted to fight higher level players. The Bloom power is great close to table but it lacks some kicks from middle table and the H3 fits right in - same spin but a bit more powerful, and more stable
H3 Pro Blue, meaning the Nittaku one?

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Actually 729 are still making these no-ITTF logo rubbers… <cut> … Now I'm waiting for Bloom Power ITTF-version production, and currently they only produce the non-ITTF approved version. I can't understand this, but there might be things that they don't tell me in this case :)
During the 11.11 sales week Bloom power was hardly available. Many shops on AliExpress didn’t have it on stock. Almost at the end of the week I could order the rubber from a few shops. I guess stock was filled.
I ordered two pieces and both of them have the ITTF logo/ number on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpeg
    IMG_0088.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
it's been 2 weeks since I switched to H3 Pro Blue 39, as I became better recently and wanted to fight higher level players. The Bloom power is great close to table but it lacks some kicks from middle table and the H3 fits right in - same spin but a bit more powerful, and more stable
All that remains is to put normal rubber on the backhand and it will be completely chic.

Reactions: TheProfessor
says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
How're those rubbers doing on the Fextra One?
You're luring me in to buy a Sanwei fextra one, don't you :giggle:

But this is on Sanwei 75 outer, and I find it very controllable and linear. The AK47 has a low throw on this blade. The Bloom has a higher throw and I can loop more easily with my forehand than with my backhand.

ha.. saw a picture of the fextra one.. same handle indeed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
You're luring me in to buy a Sanwei fextra one, don't you :giggle:

But this is on Sanwei 75 outer, and I find it very controllable and linear. The AK47 has a low throw on this blade. The Bloom has a higher throw and I can loop more easily with my forehand than with my backhand.

ha.. saw a picture of the fextra one.. same handle indeed.
hahaha seee told you thought it's the fextra xD

Reactions: riemsesy