Advice for backhand rubber

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
How many hours a week do you play? And does the rubber get worse or better after the first two weeks? And how does the trajectory difference affect you? do you open you angle when hitting more or less? I ask this because I vary the speed and spin of my shot when im looping but mainly I hit it quite hard. With the K3 its simmilar but feels quite unstable after a month of use. The first month, i can grip the ball well and do slow spinny loops and hit quite fast and hard and still have enough grip to not make the ball go flying and unstable. But after that both of those become difficult and I have to resort to hitting the ball more than spinning.
I was playing between 6 to 9 hours a week when I was using C52. The change in behavior did not affect me as much as quite a few other rubbers have, for example a few of the newer Tensors I tried like Vega X played amazingly when fresh (first 2 weeks) and kinda average for the next 2-3 months before dropping off for me, I felt like I could continue without much adjustment with C52. Even as of now my sheet of C52 is visibly worn but still reasonably useable IMO but your mileage may vary.

This user has no status.
I was playing between 6 to 9 hours a week when I was using C52. The change in behavior did not affect me as much as quite a few other rubbers have, for example a few of the newer Tensors I tried like Vega X played amazingly when fresh (first 2 weeks) and kinda average for the next 2-3 months before dropping off for me, I felt like I could continue without much adjustment with C52. Even as of now my sheet of C52 is visibly worn but still reasonably useable IMO but your mileage may vary.
I see that helps a lot thank you for your response.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
GT is harder and more direct vs Codexx 54. GT has a much crispier contact and is less spin sensitive. Strangely enough I felt like Codexx 52 felt harder and also grippier than GTPS, with GTPS feeling a bit more like K1 Euro in that it has a surprisingly bouncy and lively feeling
GTPS uses the Rhyzer sponge, which I believe is 50 degrees, so I think what you are saying makes perfect sense. I find GTPS harder to block with.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Some other rubbers Along side big dipper, I am also considering some other rubbers from reading reviews:

Rhyzen Zgr: Seems very good overall, from looking at table tennis Gan’s review. Not sure about durabilty or punching tho. Anyone can comment on that?

Rhyzen Zgx : Newer version of the Zgr, didnt see any reviews on it. Anyone knows anything abt it?

Dignics 09c : Seems like its a very very good rubber for spinning, third ball, counter-spin, short game. Most ppl say it last for 3 months. Anyone know if you can punch at all with it?

Dignics 05 : There are conflicting reviews about it. Some people find it more spin sensitive and harder to use than tenergy 05 and some find it more safer and less spin sensitive? ( can anyone explain? ). however almost evryone agrees that you get more spin and speed at the top end and that its a great rubber. I heard its a great, One of my friend uses it for more than 7 months and he says its still great for him.

Dignics 80 : Apprently its easier to use and requires less effort to use than dignics 05 but you get less spin at the top end ( still lots of spin apparently). Also most ppl agree its great for punch type shots. anyone know how is it in the short game and touch type shots?

from what I heard the Dignics series last a long time and is very stable. Which attracts me a lot to it even for its high price.

Tenergy 19 : from what i gathered its less sensitive than 05 and has more dwell and control. But its doesnt do well with power loops against backspin? is that true?

Fast arc G1 : Heard its a great rubber over all. What is it like compared to the k 3 in general ? anyone can give any comment?

Can anyone tell me their experience or what they know about these rubbers, when compared to K3 or in terms of looping, short game, punching, counter-spin and durability?
i recommend t19, backspin loops are spinny, however if you are powerful, i recommend the dignics series w the spring sponge x, as the normal spring sponge is just automatic, and won't work as well with added power, but the t19 new topsheet is great and the pimples are great for counter against slow spinny loops. Blocking is an unlikely standout on this rubber as well, but absorbent of the oppoinents rushing ball, full and spin and speed, returns it to the opponent.

This user has no status.
i recommend t19, backspin loops are spinny, however if you are powerful, i recommend the dignics series w the spring sponge x, as the normal spring sponge is just automatic, and won't work as well with added power, but the t19 new topsheet is great and the pimples are great for counter against slow spinny loops. Blocking is an unlikely standout on this rubber as well, but absorbent of the oppoinents rushing ball, full and spin and speed, returns it to the opponent.
I have been thinking about getting the tenergy 19, the only two things thats holding back is the short game and how does it do on power opening against backspin. From what I have heard from reviews that the rubber doesn't do well for more powerful opening and the short game. I heard its better than tenergy 05 but I think it will still be worse for short touches than the k3. Have you tried the dignics series? How is the short game of the 80 and 05 compared to tenergy 19 or other rubbers you hv tried?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have been thinking about getting the tenergy 19, the only two things thats holding back is the short game and how does it do on power opening against backspin. From what I have heard from reviews that the rubber doesn't do well for more powerful opening and the short game. I heard its better than tenergy 05 but I think it will still be worse for short touches than the k3. Have you tried the dignics series? How is the short game of the 80 and 05 compared to tenergy 19 or other rubbers you hv tried?
i think the d05 is slightly grippier on backspin loops, and the dignics series generally does better on power loops and punches due to the sponge. I haven't really tried d80 but i don't think it's anything to match the new topsheeet and pimples of the t19. Short game is simple, rubber doesn't matter: it's the technique. I believe ryu seung min did a video tutorial on his signature deadly short push serve recieve. I tried it on t19, perfect on any rubber, just use technique. Power loops backspin on t19 and filled with catapult, grip feeling, but you must have good technique, forthe d05, just bite the ball upwards and the ball will be spin, but the t19 needs a mix of brush and hit. So in general d05 has the power in the sponge... but t19 gives you greater quality in my ops if you put the technique in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
other rubbers I have tried for bh..... i would say for short game excel h3 provincial 37degrees but you need a lotmore power for POWER loop against backspin with the speed you want. For power looping I would recomend d09c...but its a bit too heavy for my bh personally. For speed I would say hammond z2, donic bluestorm z1, but both aren' that good for spower loop backspin, and controllability is low, so you might need more time to adjust to short game. No way you can find a perfect rubber, always must be a sacrifice, just choose which attribute matters most to your gameplay

This user has no status.
i think the d05 is slightly grippier on backspin loops, and the dignics series generally does better on power loops and punches due to the sponge. I haven't really tried d80 but i don't think it's anything to match the new topsheeet and pimples of the t19. Short game is simple, rubber doesn't matter: it's the technique. I believe ryu seung min did a video tutorial on his signature deadly short push serve recieve. I tried it on t19, perfect on any rubber, just use technique. Power loops backspin on t19 and filled with catapult, grip feeling, but you must have good technique, forthe d05, just bite the ball upwards and the ball will be spin, but the t19 needs a mix of brush and hit. So in general d05 has the power in the sponge... but t19 gives you greater quality in my ops if you put the technique in.
thank you for your response that helps. Ik technique helps in the short game but in match situation in pressure obviously short pushes are easier to do with some rubbers than others. In terms of how easy it is to do short touches, is dignics 05 better or tenergy 19?

This user has no status.
other rubbers I have tried for bh..... i would say for short game excel h3 provincial 37degrees but you need a lotmore power for POWER loop against backspin with the speed you want. For power looping I would recomend d09c...but its a bit too heavy for my bh personally. For speed I would say hammond z2, donic bluestorm z1, but both aren' that good for spower loop backspin, and controllability is low, so you might need more time to adjust to short game. No way you can find a perfect rubber, always must be a sacrifice, just choose which attribute matters most to your gameplay
do you boost your hurricane 3 rubber? how hard is it to get power on it? I generally can hit pretty hard. I use the 40 degree version boosted on my forehand, i tried it on my backhand, the feeling is good i think but its way way too hard to generate any power with my backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
thank you for your response that helps. Ik technique helps in the short game but in match situation in pressure obviously short pushes are easier to do with some rubbers than others. In terms of how easy it is to do short touches, is dignics 05 better or tenergy 19?
D05 is less bouncy than T19. T19 isn’t that far off from T05!!

As for an earlier comment in this thread I disagree, more effort will give D05 far better quality that from T19. T19 is softer and easier to use to generate the spin but with correct technique and effort D05 spin and quality will be superior than T19. T19 is fast or shall I say bouncy off the bat but in terms of kick effect it can’t be compared to D05 I’m afraid.

Out of the 2 if u need help or easy use rubber then T19 as less effort is needed for a decent shot, if you have good technique then D05 all the way.

Reactions: Quality
This user has no status.

As for an earlier comment in this thread I disagree, more effort will give D05 far better quality that from T19. T19 is softer and easier to use to generate the spin but with correct technique and effort D05 spin and quality will be superior than T19. T19 is fast or shall I say bouncy off the bat but in terms of kick effect it can’t be compared to D05 I’m afraid.

Out of the 2 if u need help or easy use rubber then T19 as less effort is needed for a decent shot, if you have good technique then D05 all the way.
So that would mean that dignics 05 is probably easier to do short touches with and i will get more quality out of it. Thank you that helps me rule out a rubber. I think i have a good enough technique and I don't need the rubber to do the work for me in terms of generating spin and power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
So that would mean that dignics 05 is probably easier to do short touches with and i will get more quality out of it. Thank you that helps me rule out a rubber. I think i have a good enough technique and I don't need the rubber to do the work for me in terms of generating spin and power.
Can’t go wrong with D05 as long as technique is good. Even D80 is good, little faster and more linear but top sheet is little softer and easier to use than D05 but not as spinny. T19 is pretty much a controlled version of T05! It is a good bh rubber if u look at it in isolation but D05/D80 is spinnier and more controlled but just need a bit more effort than T19. It’s down to preference and playing style. I have D05 on bh but my son has T19. He’s a faster player who emphasises his game on speed my game is spin based so prefer D05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
do you boost your hurricane 3 rubber? how hard is it to get power on it? I generally can hit pretty hard. I use the 40 degree version boosted on my forehand, i tried it on my backhand, the feeling is good i think but its way way too hard to generate any power with my backhand.
definetly boost, however the hardness. I reccomend 3 layers booster for fh (40-41 deg) and 2 layers for bh(37-38 deg)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

disagree... although the sponge of t19 is more rective, it is only reactive when power is inputted. D05 has a harder topsheet, grippier but harder, and harder sponge than t19. So with small movements and power t19 is less bouncy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Can’t go wrong with D05 as long as technique is good. Even D80 is good, little faster and more linear but top sheet is little softer and easier to use than D05 but not as spinny. T19 is pretty much a controlled version of T05! It is a good bh rubber if u look at it in isolation but D05/D80 is spinnier and more controlled but just need a bit more effort than T19. It’s down to preference and playing style. I have D05 on bh but my son has T19. He’s a faster player who emphasises his game on speed my game is spin based so prefer D05.
I agree with your speed and spin preferences though.