Advice for backhand rubber

This user has no status.
Some other rubbers Along side big dipper, I am also considering some other rubbers from reading reviews:

Rhyzen Zgr: Seems very good overall, from looking at table tennis Gan’s review. Not sure about durabilty or punching tho. Anyone can comment on that?

Rhyzen Zgx : Newer version of the Zgr, didnt see any reviews on it. Anyone knows anything abt it?

Dignics 09c : Seems like its a very very good rubber for spinning, third ball, counter-spin, short game. Most ppl say it last for 3 months. Anyone know if you can punch at all with it?

Dignics 05 : There are conflicting reviews about it. Some people find it more spin sensitive and harder to use than tenergy 05 and some find it more safer and less spin sensitive? ( can anyone explain? ). however almost evryone agrees that you get more spin and speed at the top end and that its a great rubber. I heard its a great, One of my friend uses it for more than 7 months and he says its still great for him.

Dignics 80 : Apprently its easier to use and requires less effort to use than dignics 05 but you get less spin at the top end ( still lots of spin apparently). Also most ppl agree its great for punch type shots. anyone know how is it in the short game and touch type shots?

from what I heard the Dignics series last a long time and is very stable. Which attracts me a lot to it even for its high price.

Tenergy 19 : from what i gathered its less sensitive than 05 and has more dwell and control. But its doesnt do well with power loops against backspin? is that true?

Fast arc G1 : Heard its a great rubber over all. What is it like compared to the k 3 in general ? anyone can give any comment?

Can anyone tell me their experience or what they know about these rubbers, when compared to K3 or in terms of looping, short game, punching, counter-spin and durability?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Some other rubbers Along side big dipper, I am also considering some other rubbers from reading reviews:

Rhyzen Zgr: Seems very good overall, from looking at table tennis Gan’s review. Not sure about durabilty or punching tho. Anyone can comment on that?

Rhyzen Zgx : Newer version of the Zgr, didnt see any reviews on it. Anyone knows anything abt it?

Dignics 09c : Seems like its a very very good rubber for spinning, third ball, counter-spin, short game. Most ppl say it last for 3 months. Anyone know if you can punch at all with it?

Dignics 05 : There are conflicting reviews about it. Some people find it more spin sensitive and harder to use than tenergy 05 and some find it more safer and less spin sensitive? ( can anyone explain? ). however almost evryone agrees that you get more spin and speed at the top end and that its a great rubber. I heard its a great, One of my friend uses it for more than 7 months and he says its still great for him.

Dignics 80 : Apprently its easier to use and requires less effort to use than dignics 05 but you get less spin at the top end ( still lots of spin apparently). Also most ppl agree its great for punch type shots. anyone know how is it in the short game and touch type shots?

from what I heard the Dignics series last a long time and is very stable. Which attracts me a lot to it even for its high price.

Tenergy 19 : from what i gathered its less sensitive than 05 and has more dwell and control. But its doesnt do well with power loops against backspin? is that true?

Fast arc G1 : Heard its a great rubber over all. What is it like compared to the k 3 in general ? anyone can give any comment?

Can anyone tell me their experience or what they know about these rubbers, when compared to K3 or in terms of looping, short game, punching, counter-spin and durability?
Rhyzen ZGR is hard sponge, and it is very slow without booster. With booster, it's about the same speed and similar to D09c.

D09c, of course you can punch with it. It's slower for punching than D05 though. Moon 12 is very good for punching, faster than K3 and D09c, but non-tacky.

G1 is to me the most standard performance rubber. It does everything fine, and is very middle of the road. It is probably faster than K3, but less spinny. It has good arc, and easy to use. BTW my friend who is about 1950-2000 was using G1 on both sides before, but now he switched to BD. BD has more density and more offensive potential, but harder to use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I haven't heard of some of the rubbers on the list but from another thread heard that the big dipper isnt that spinny compared to some other rubbers such as vega x etc. And you seemed to agree with that on that thread. So probably no to big dipper if that true but i will check the other rubbers out, thank you
Just got to try Vega X for the first time today, and I played with BD for a few months previously. It might be me not being used to it, but Vega X didn't strike me as particularly spinny. I has nice spin, but nothing out of the ordinary. Tenergy 05, R45, G1 and even AK47 Red seem to have more spin. BD was spinnier too, as far as I can remember.

Will have another session with Vega tomorrow, and will update if I have unlocked its hidden potential.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Just got to try Vega X for the first time today, and I played with BD for a few months previously. It might be me not being used to it, but Vega X didn't strike me as particularly spinny. I has nice spin, but nothing out of the ordinary. Tenergy 05, R45, G1 and even AK47 Red seem to have more spin. BD was spinnier too, as far as I can remember.

Will have another session with Vega tomorrow, and will update if I have unlocked its hidden potential.

My G1 still holds, but eventually I'll get to Vega X. Looking forward to compare the notes ... ;-)

Reactions: BaRanchik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Just wanna ask as well. Does the Reactor Tornado V5 a good bh rubber? Does it pair well with stiff outer alc blade?
And does it last long?
A friend of mine uses V5 on outer alc blade. It works well enough for him.

Its not the fastest rubber, but if youre not expecting miracles, its quite decent

This user has no status.

Does the tenergy 05 have more spin than BD?

I don’t know of any rubber with more power than T05. Spin in combination with the strong catapult makes it feel like you are shooting canon balls…
The drawback with this is that the short game turns out to be a walk on a razors edge.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: BaRanchik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Does the tenergy 05 have more spin than BD?
I think its a different kind of spin. BD has denser sponge with tackier topsheet, so it has more maximum spin potential.

T05 has softer and high tech sponge with grippy topsheet, so the spin is more from the sponge.

BD spin is more linear and increases with heavier shots. T05 spin may be easier at lower power levels.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Just wanna ask as well. Does the Reactor Tornado V5 a good bh rubber? Does it pair well with stiff outer alc blade?
And does it last long?
Depends on your level AND expectations of course, It worked for me, grip still holds up even now after a year, sponge takes Booster pretty well.

There Is a soft version i assume its easier for the BH, spin its good out of package but with boost it performs much better , faster & easier to use i tested with outer alc and its good combination, but i played with it on 5ply korbel for over a year.

I play close to the table though, Great control & spin, if hitting hard you can also get decent speed. After boost & break in period its not that Tacky & not really linear. It has some bounce.

Price/performance ratio its amazing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
A friend of mine uses V5 on outer alc blade. It works well enough for him.

Its not the fastest rubber, but if youre not expecting miracles, its quite decent
I'm planning to test out cheap rubbers but not waist it - hence my inquiry. I'm not looking for miracle tho, just decent enough to be used on a normal basis/play

Reactions: mattlamperouge
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
does anyone know the longevity of rakza Z? Also has anyone tried gewo coddex El pro 52. If so, how does it compare to hybrid k3 in general and in terms of durability?
I've used the Codexx 52 as my main fh rubber for a time, I liked it a lot and I could spin really well with it but it is a bit slow on the blades I liked. I havent used K3 so I can't compare, but just from reading reviews I would measure a guess that K3 is less tacky and faster/springier. I would not say Codexx 52 is that slow, after all it has a firm yet springy feeling porous German sponge, but its strength is more in creating a stable and high arc with a lot of spin rather than projecting the ball forwards. I thought Codexx was reasonably durable, but the behavior does change quite a bit within the first two weeks as the tackiness wears down to a more consistent level, but my sheets of Codexx 52 and 54 have maintained a reasonable stickiness even after some months. The thing I noticed most about the 52 was that there is a noticeable changeover of behavior when you hit hard enough to "break" the tackiness, in low and medium impacts the rubber drags the ball very strongly, but on harder impacts it changes to a straighter trajectory with a stronger shooting effect, the changeover I did not experience as strongly with the 54 version. To note, I have let my friend who uses Rakza Z (we were both using the same blade model at the time) try the C52 and he said he did not feel a big difference in the rubbers, but when I tried his racket I felt that RZ performed more linearly through the impacts and did not have as strong a catapulty behavior when I hit stronger but had less strong of a dragging/grabbing effect in lower impact.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I've used the Codexx 52 as my main fh rubber for a time, I liked it a lot and I could spin really well with it but it is a bit slow on the blades I liked. I havent used K3 so I can't compare, but just from reading reviews I would measure a guess that K3 is less tacky and faster/springier. I would not say Codexx 52 is that slow, after all it has a firm yet springy feeling porous German sponge, but its strength is more in creating a stable and high arc with a lot of spin rather than projecting the ball forwards. I thought Codexx was reasonably durable, but the behavior does change quite a bit within the first two weeks as the tackiness wears down to a more consistent level, but my sheets of Codexx 52 and 54 have maintained a reasonable stickiness even after some months. The thing I noticed most about the 52 was that there is a noticeable changeover of behavior when you hit hard enough to "break" the tackiness, in low and medium impacts the rubber drags the ball very strongly, but on harder impacts it changes to a straighter trajectory with a stronger shooting effect, the changeover I did not experience as strongly with the 54 version. To note, I have let my friend who uses Rakza Z (we were both using the same blade model at the time) try the C52 and he said he did not feel a big difference in the rubbers, but when I tried his racket I felt that RZ performed more linearly through the impacts and did not have as strong a catapulty behavior when I hit stronger but had less strong of a dragging/grabbing effect in lower impact.
I know you've mentioned this before, but please forgive me for asking again - for helping my context, how does Golden Tango compare to these for you?

This user has no status.
How many hours a week do you play? And does the rubber get worse or better after the first two weeks? And how does the trajectory difference affect you? do you open you angle when hitting more or less? I ask this because I vary the speed and spin of my shot when im looping but mainly I hit it quite hard. With the K3 its simmilar but feels quite unstable after a month of use. The first month, i can grip the ball well and do slow spinny loops and hit quite fast and hard and still have enough grip to not make the ball go flying and unstable. But after that both of those become difficult and I have to resort to hitting the ball more than spinning.

Jul 2014
I know you've mentioned this before, but please forgive me for asking again - for helping my context, how does Golden Tango compare to these for you?
GT is harder and more direct vs Codexx 54. GT has a much crispier contact and is less spin sensitive. Strangely enough I felt like Codexx 52 felt harder and also grippier than GTPS, with GTPS feeling a bit more like K1 Euro in that it has a surprisingly bouncy and lively feeling

Reactions: NextLevel