Advice for backhand rubber

This user has no status.
Hi, I am a two winged looper, who likes to play spiny and play aggressive power loops on both sides. I also do quite a few punches with my backhand on the fifth ball but mainly win points through looping aggressively or with good placement and spin. I have been using Hybrid K3 for almost two months and it was perfect for power loop, spin loop, punches, counter short touch and almost evrything execpt for passive blocking which I dont mind since I usually active block. However after the first month the grip is lost, And looping against backspin on the backhand has become much worse since the ball doesnt grip as much, but punches and blocks have gotten better. I am kind of frustrated with this and am looking for the rubber with similar attributes. 3rd ball loops(especially against backspin), short game and punches are very important to me ( in order of priority ). Can anyone recommend me a spinny and powerful a rubber that meets these requirements and at least lasts for three months.

Thank you for responding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi, I am a two winged looper, who likes to play spiny and play aggressive power loops on both sides. I also do quite a few punches with my backhand on the fifth ball but mainly win points through looping aggressively or with good placement and spin. I have been using Hybrid K3 for almost two months and it was perfect for power loop, spin loop, punches, counter short touch and almost evrything execpt for passive blocking which I dont mind since I usually active block. However after the first month the grip is lost, And looping against backspin on the backhand has become much worse since the ball doesnt grip as much, but punches and blocks have gotten better. I am kind of frustrated with this and am looking for the rubber with similar attributes. 3rd ball loops(especially against backspin), short game and punches are very important to me ( in order of priority ). Can anyone recommend me a spinny and powerful a rubber that meets these requirements and at least lasts for three months.

If you want longer lasting, maybe D09c is your best bet.

There are many more options from ESN, but I don't know if they last longer than K3.

Or you can try Chinese rubber that will last long and are cheap.

This user has no status.

If you want longer lasting, maybe D09c is your best bet.

There are many more options from ESN, but I don't know if they last longer than K3.

Or you can try Chinese rubber that will last long and are cheap.
the problem with those rubbers are that the punching is probably not that great, Idk about dignics 09c but i have tried battle 2 38 degree sponge for backhand and punching isnt that great and it is hard to get power. But if I end up finding nothing els i will probably go for a chinese rubber or dignics 09c and give up punching that much. ( I am assuming dignics 09c punching wouldnt be great from reviews I have read but if you feel otherwise, please let me know ).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
the problem with those rubbers are that the punching is probably not that great, Idk about dignics 09c but i have tried battle 2 38 degree sponge for backhand and punching isnt that great and it is hard to get power. But if I end up finding nothing els i will probably go for a chinese rubber or dignics 09c and give up punching that much. ( I am assuming dignics 09c punching wouldnt be great from reviews I have read but if you feel otherwise, please let me know ).
Big Dipper is excellent for both looping and punching. I have used it quite a lot on BH and like it a lot.

Check out this list: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/best-chinese-alternatives-to-d09c-tier-list.31883/

GTX, Bloom Power, Jupiter 3, might also be good for your bh. Since they all cost less than just 1 D09c, maybe get 1 of each to test out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Tricky one as K3 is a good solid rubber but isn't super long life agreed. I use it myself on backhand.

The first honeymoon period is fantastic. Then around end of month 2 it's starting to show some signs and pickup issues definitely.

Interested to read options myself!

This user has no status.
Big Dipper is excellent for both looping and punching. I have used it quite a lot on BH and like it a lot.

Check out this list: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/best-chinese-alternatives-to-d09c-tier-list.31883/

GTX, Bloom Power, Jupiter 3, might also be good for your bh. Since they all cost less than just 1 D09c, maybe get 1 of each to test out.
I haven't heard of some of the rubbers on the list but from another thread heard that the big dipper isnt that spinny compared to some other rubbers such as vega x etc. And you seemed to agree with that on that thread. So probably no to big dipper if that true but i will check the other rubbers out, thank you

This user has no status.
Maybe you could use a Rejuvenator to regain the grip. Better than spending £50+ on a new rubber.
I do have a cleaner at home and i keep my rubbers clean and put a non stick plastic film on afterwards. But the k3 still doesn't last. The sponge changes quite a bit as well, so maybe something to do with that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I haven't heard of some of the rubbers on the list but from another thread heard that the big dipper isnt that spinny compared to some other rubbers such as vega x etc. And you seemed to agree with that on that thread. So probably no to big dipper if that true but i will check the other rubbers out, thank you
Big dipper is spinny. I would say spinnier than Vega for sure. I don't know where that came from.

The topsheet is only slightly tacky like K3, not as tacky as B2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
If you put a gun to my head, I would say that BD is spinnier than Vega just from my own observation. But I don't think there is a huge difference, especially on backhand.

I've never once had the thought that BD is less spinny. I've felt that with some other rubbers, but not BD.

And i've never once had the thought that Vega is especially spinny. Most ESN rubbers spin and grip in a similar way.

To me, you are reading too much into the issue.

This user has no status.
I've never once had the thought that BD is less spinny. I've felt that with some other rubbers, but not BD.

And i've never once had the thought that Vega is especially spinny. Most ESN rubbers spin and grip in a similar way.

To me, you are reading too much into the issue.
Srry perhaps i am reading too much into it. But im still interested to know, how does it compare with the K3 in terms of durabiltiy, spin and power ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Srry perhaps i am reading too much into it. But im still interested to know, how does it compare with the K3 in terms of durabiltiy, spin and power ?
I think you should try it, its not expensive.

IMO its really quite similar to K3. It is durable for sure, lasts a long time. To me, its just as spinny, possibly more powerful than K3.

Especially if you boost, BD is even better. Without booster, its also very good in 38d or 39d.