Advice for table tennis shoes

This user has no status.
Im looking at shoes such as
Xiom FT Igre
Andro cross step 2
Tibhar mesh flexlight 2
Mizuno crossmatch sword
Mizuno plio rx4

Can anyone compare them or give me reviews on them? or suggest me any shoes under 80pounds.
I have a wide foot and I currently for reference am now wearing Lezoline 9 that I got for a cheap price and cant anymore. The Lezoline 9 was perfect in terms of comfortabilty, lightness and cushioning for me but the soles on it are weared down now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I am kinda a shoe-nerd and I opted for barefoot shoes (Vivobarefoot Primus Light III) in the end. There are downsides to any shoe, but I have turned into a minimalist over the years. I believe this is the way to get optimal balance. Take note that it takes time to get the proper stregth in the feet to use these types of shoes. The fit will have to be absolutely perfect (I had to send back a pair and experiment with the lacing) or else the shoe can feel like it wants to roll around your foot. The idea is that you get lateral stability from the widening of the foot. The plus side is that they are not warm and heavy, like most regular table tennis shoes. The negative side is that you dont get a lifted heel that makes squatting down easier and you have to improve your mobility.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I am kinda a shoe-nerd and I opted for barefoot shoes (Vivobarefoot Primus Light III) in the end. There are downsides to any shoe, but I have turned into a minimalist over the years. I believe this is the way to get optimal balance. Take note that it takes time to get the proper stregth in the feet to use these types of shoes. The fit will have to be absolutely perfect (I had to send back a pair and experiment with the lacing) or else the shoe can feel like it wants to roll around your foot. The idea is that you get lateral stability from the widening of the foot. The plus side is that they are not warm and heavy, like most regular table tennis shoes. The negative side is that you dont get a lifted heel that makes squatting down easier and you have to improve your mobility.
thanks but i dont think i will get that type of shoe, but since you said you are a shoe nerd, could you tell me anything about the shoes i mentioned or any other reccomendations if you have?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
With 2mm soles it looks like those will wear out very quickly. I can see holes in my toes and heel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
thanks but i dont think i will get that type of shoe, but since you said you are a shoe nerd, could you tell me anything about the shoes i mentioned or any other reccomendations if you have?
I dont know anything about the models you mentioned. My experience with shoes are from sports in general and mostly gym, running generalist shoes, soccer and hiking shoes. This summer, I hiked 350 km in 12 days in the mountains, so I know a fair bit of the importance of using the right footwear. Most table tennis shoes seem low quality to me, for general foot health and performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Xiom FT Igre
Andro cross step 2
Tibhar mesh flexlight 2
Mizuno crossmatch sword
Mizuno plio rx4

Can anyone compare them or give me reviews on them? or suggest me any shoes under 80pounds.
I have a wide foot and I currently for reference am now wearing Lezoline 9 that I got for a cheap price and cant anymore. The Lezoline 9 was perfect in terms of comfortabilty, lightness and cushioning for me but the soles on it are weared down now.
I tried the first shuffle step and xiom ft igre. The former were nice, but apparently the sole didn't provide cushioning or whatever, and my feet (arch) started to hurt after playing for a while on hard floors.
Xiom shoes are ok, but narrow. I gave up and bought mizuno wave medal: they are wide, reasonably cushioned, but the heels feel off.

This user has no status.
I tried the first shuffle step and xiom ft igre. The former were nice, but apparently the sole didn't provide cushioning or whatever, and my feet (arch) started to hurt after playing for a while on hard floors.
Xiom shoes are ok, but narrow. I gave up and bought mizuno wave medal: they are wide, reasonably cushioned, but the heels feel off.
thx that helps a lot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for advice for new shoes, if it may help for my suffer :p
I'm playing in BTY Lezoline Rifones, seems to be very good shoes and they are really good, but after each training session my feet suffer due to blisters on my big feet toes (at this moment left big toe).
I tried to play with 2 pair of socks to make my feet wider (as they are slim) and to reduce to much movement and to reduce friction. One size smaller shoes are not good this one are fit perfect.
My feet sweat during training session and due to friction blisters on my left toe appear. I should look for some new shoes or you have any other advice which may help.

This is result from my training session (of course I was playing with 2 pair of socks which became wet afterwards) :(
1698218777751.png
IMG_4364.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
No, was thinking about this for plantar facilities I bought. They are a new and have additional absorbing area but rather on heel not on toes… need to check. Recently played with my previous ASICS and felt weird, these were a 0.5 no bigger than my normal size so 2 insoles were put in but I felt that I stood too high on the feet and balance was different than in bty. When i’m playing in Rifones I feel every step, balance etc, I’m in charge, in asics felt worse but i caught bad cold and probably will stay at home upcoming week to get better w/o training and will have time to study various table tennis shoes :D maybe will find something appropriate for my narrow feet.

IMG_4293.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for advice for new shoes, if it may help for my suffer :p
I'm playing in BTY Lezoline Rifones, seems to be very good shoes and they are really good, but after each training session my feet suffer due to blisters on my big feet toes (at this moment left big toe).
I tried to play with 2 pair of socks to make my feet wider (as they are slim) and to reduce to much movement and to reduce friction. One size smaller shoes are not good this one are fit perfect.
My feet sweat during training session and due to friction blisters on my left toe appear. I should look for some new shoes or you have any other advice which may help.

This is result from my training session (of course I was playing with 2 pair of socks which became wet afterwards) :(
View attachment 27159View attachment 27160
Sports socks that are thin everywhere except the soles work great for me - there is a special terry on the soles that absorbs sweat. Previously, without these socks, I also developed calluses on my big toes. There are no problems now.

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Xiom FT Igre
Andro cross step 2
Tibhar mesh flexlight 2
Mizuno crossmatch sword
Mizuno plio rx4

PLEASE do NOT get the crossmatch swords. They are the cheapest for a reason. Even if you only wear them on the tt court, they will stick to dust, making the sole look like a swamp. the the material on the side is quite thick leather and dust gets stuck up in the egdes of the fabric/ leather lining. I would recommend the Lezoline 9, but idk if its available in western countries, as it is made in china. Very light, breathable, bouncy, like lezoline rifones but cheaper.

Reactions: Quality
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Sports socks that are thin everywhere except the soles work great for me - there is a special terry on the soles that absorbs sweat. Previously, without these socks, I also developed calluses on my big toes. There are no problems now.
I’ve ordered this pack
hope will be good. I read also that socks should be mostly from cotton with small addition of elastic material then feet will not sweat… will see. These have 80% of cotton and are for badminton sister sport to table tennis 😉

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
Actually socks should be from acrylic in best case scewnario. Cotton is worst. Cotton is probably the most comfy one but when it's hot it's no good. Thorlos max cushion socks for example are made mostly with acrylic and are pretty good for sports but are very pricey..