Advice for table tennis shoes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for advice for new shoes, if it may help for my suffer :p
I'm playing in BTY Lezoline Rifones, seems to be very good shoes and they are really good, but after each training session my feet suffer due to blisters on my big feet toes (at this moment left big toe).
I tried to play with 2 pair of socks to make my feet wider (as they are slim) and to reduce to much movement and to reduce friction. One size smaller shoes are not good this one are fit perfect.
My feet sweat during training session and due to friction blisters on my left toe appear. I should look for some new shoes or you have any other advice which may help.

This is result from my training session (of course I was playing with 2 pair of socks which became wet afterwards) :(
View attachment 27159View attachment 27160
You must have well protected feet or something, both my feet have a THICK layer of callous on that spot (among others) that I need to file down every few weeks. There's definitely no chance of blisters for me.

This user has no status.
How are these holding up? I’d like to get some, but see very few reviews on them.
Had them for a while now, around 6 months and the grip is just slightly going. Very good for the price and would buy again, but I'm looking at some snazzy mizunos's for my birthday😎

Reactions: cruzctrl
says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
but after each training session my feet suffer due to blisters on my big feet toes (at this moment left big toe).
I tried to play with 2 pair of socks to make my feet wider (as they are slim) and to reduce to much movement and to reduce friction. One size smaller shoes are not good this one are fit perfect.
I use white medical tape to prevent blistering.
I also developed thick callouses on the outside of the little toe, taping the toe with white medical tape helped.
Tape like Durapore I guess or something similar. It has to stick of course but removing it should also be easy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I am kinda a shoe-nerd and I opted for barefoot shoes (Vivobarefoot Primus Light III) in the end. There are downsides to any shoe, but I have turned into a minimalist over the years. I believe this is the way to get optimal balance. Take note that it takes time to get the proper stregth in the feet to use these types of shoes. The fit will have to be absolutely perfect (I had to send back a pair and experiment with the lacing) or else the shoe can feel like it wants to roll around your foot. The idea is that you get lateral stability from the widening of the foot. The plus side is that they are not warm and heavy, like most regular table tennis shoes. The negative side is that you dont get a lifted heel that makes squatting down easier and you have to improve your mobility.
I've been wearing Vivos for about 7 years now, once you get used to them you'll never go back. Only thing I use "normal" shoes for is tennis and running.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
I tried the first shuffle step and xiom ft igre. The former were nice, but apparently the sole didn't provide cushioning or whatever, and my feet (arch) started to hurt after playing for a while on hard floors.
Xiom shoes are ok, but narrow. I gave up and bought mizuno wave medal: they are wide, reasonably cushioned, but the heels feel off.
how's the sizing of ft igre? i want to get one but the sizing are mad confusing. I somewhat have quite(not overly) a wide foot i'd say. usually wears us 9/9.5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
how's the sizing of ft igre? i want to get one but the sizing are mad confusing. I somewhat have quite(not overly) a wide foot i'd say. usually wears us 9/9.5
Ok, that's not going to be easy. I wear European 46, Mizunos are 46, ft igre are 47, asics I wear on the street are 48. Mizunos and xiom are both 30.0 in Japanese sizing.
Hope, you can make something out of it.