After all these years, I finally tried MX-P. It's good, but...

Today I put a fresh sheet of MX-P on my Xiom Strato. I warmed up for 30 minutes testing MX-P on both wings, then I played 7 matches with MX-P on the backhand. It's not for me on the forehand side, but I could play it on the backhand side. It's extremely good until you get even the most miniscule drop of water of it. If there is any moisture at all, the ball slips like crazy. I do not experience this with any of the rubbers I've played recently (EL-D, Dignics 05, or Tenergy 80). Is MX-P known for ball slippage?

Aside from the slippage, I enjoyed playing with it. Spin on serves was very high. MX-P's spin to speed ratio during rallies seems to be pretty high. It is super direct and I was making a lot really nice shots during matches. It was an easy transition from Dignics 05 on my backhand. It offers similar speed and spin on most strokes for me. Extremely strong players could probably get more out of Dignics 05. Mx-P feels spinnier than EL-D, but I think the spin is actually equal. EL-D is just faster on normal strokes, so the spin to speed ratio is different. Anyhow, those are my thoughts after 1 session. Does the forum concur?

Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
MXP is great until after 3 months, it lose all grips and becomes an anti :ROFLMAO: my favorite BH rubber in a while
That would explain why I struggle with those unexpectedly empty balls I get back when one of our clubs defenders pushes back my heavy underpin balls.

I always wonder why he does even return them without much lifting of the ball. He definitely plays MXP on One side and the one time his racket was broken and he had to use my racket he had considerably more problems returning underspin.

• Haha
Reactions: longle and ericd937