Speed Upgrade on FastArc G-1

Hi everyone! I currently have what is my favourite setup on my 40+ year old blade ( which I don't know the brand of) but it's a top-heavy, at least OFF type blade for sure paired with Nittaku Fastarc G-1 on both FH and BH sides. The fastarc is easily one of my favourite rubbers as I love the almost perfect balance of speed, spin and control, but I'm after some advice on upgrading the FH side to something similar but slightly faster? I've read some reviews comparing the Evolution MX-P to this rubber, but I wanted to confirm if the throw angle and high amounts of safety can be compared to the G-1?

Appreciate your thoughts!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi everyone! I currently have what is my favourite setup on my 40+ year old blade ( which I don't know the brand of) but it's a top-heavy, at least OFF type blade for sure paired with Nittaku Fastarc G-1 on both FH and BH sides. The fastarc is easily one of my favourite rubbers as I love the almost perfect balance of speed, spin and control, but I'm after some advice on upgrading the FH side to something similar but slightly faster? I've read some reviews comparing the Evolution MX-P to this rubber, but I wanted to confirm if the throw angle and high amounts of safety can be compared to the G-1?

MX-P is pretty much a boosted G1 in many ways - therein lies the merits and the demerits.

Reactions: private pingpong
MX-P is pretty much a boosted G1 in many ways - therein lies the merits and the demerits.
Thanks for your input, definitely agree & expecting to sacrifice a bit of control for the faster rubber but that's on me to ensure technique is solid

Tenergy 05 have the same arc as G1, but it's faster. I could switch between T05 and G1 without problems. But it cost 2x more.

I don't have experience with MX-P. You might try Mantra Pro M. Lower arc than G1, faster, more direct. Not as spectacular as G1 or T05 but i have good results in match.
Thanks for your reply - I'll definitely consider the Tenergy, but the $$$ point is probably the main detractor for Butterfly's rubbers in general, having said this, it's on my shortlist!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Thanks for your replies so far! I've just discovered that Nittaku have released a new rubber in 2024 called the Genextion.

Will have to keep an eye to see how it stacks up with other rubbers!
Listed retail price is 9800 JPY so this seems to fall out of your price range.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

1.Speed upgrade on G1: Has one considered to swing faster?

2. MX-P: If one loves super trampoline effect, MX-P is a great preposition. It does a lot of work for you. It is like driving Dom's nitro-turbo Dodge. The downside is, you can crash & burn most of the time, but Hell yeah! It is still worth it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Maybe off topic, but I’m very interested in the Nittaku Sieger PK 50. Nobody knows why on the official Nittaku.com website it is not for sale and in the list of rubbers 2024? The latest mention of this is 2020 news. At the same time, Sieger PK 50 are for sale on the european website of Nittaku.tt.