Rakza Z to Tenergy 19 for BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
Hello,
I’ve been using rakza z on BH for a while, I’m happy especially receive and block, not much complaint except speed.

But it feels too slow, even 1 meter away table, I’m making much effort for a decent shot, even I don’t mention openin against backspin.

I’m thinking to switch to a bit faster rubber. ( Blade is Long 5)
Previously I tried:
- fastarc g1 (hard, not liked much)
- rakza 7 (good but not spinny)
- donic c2 (harder than rakza z)
- tenergy 05 (too bouncy, too spin sensitive)
- h3 neo 37 boosted (quickly died, more slower)
- tibhar el-s (don’t like either, not spinny, also bouncy)

Rakza z is much better than all above for me.

Lately I attracted to tenergy 19 1.7 or 1.9. I don’t know would it be hard to keep ball on the table.

Although it seems dignics 09c is direct replacement for what I want but i’m not sure price performance little speed and spin difference, still requires lot effort to kill shots.

Also looked at glayzer series 05 and 09c but general opinion seems like they are not better than rakza 7 and rakza z respectively.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I started with Rakza Z and settled on the T19 for the An Jaehyun. To me, the T19 has better dwell time, control, and higher arc than T05. I tried T19 on a Golden Long 5 and I felt that it wasn't a good fit for the blade. The core is too hard and rubber too soft. Almost like punching someone too skinny and all you hit is bone. I prefer lower throw rubbers on Long 5 since it has the natural high arc from ALC. Maybe something like Joola ZGR might fit the blade. My friend actually has a ZGR on a Long 5, I will try it and let you know how it is.

Reactions: Aizen
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
Interesting.. D05 and T05 doesn't feel fast on HL5 but 09c and other tacky and even slower rubbers are generally recomended for HL5. Wouldn't that make it even slower? I do know 09c is faster on power shots, but wouldn't that make slow and medium shots really bad?

Mih

This user has no status.
Also looked at glayzer series 05 and 09c but general opinion seems like they are not better than rakza 7 and rakza z respectively.
I can recommend Glayzer 05 on the backhand.

Not too spin sensitive, not bouncy. Generally, it feels like a more friendly Dignics 05. You loose some top end spin and speed compared to D05, but it makes up for it in stability and control, especially in the passive game.

Have been using it on Viscaria, W968 and Hurricane Wang Chuqin for the past year and happy with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
The issue is the blade, not the rubber IMO. I've tried T05 and D05 on the BH side of a HL5, it just doesn't feel very fast. If you want good BH shots from a HL5, you just need very good technique.
I also agree on that, I have some decent backhand, but not that good of course. Although I work on it with trainings, I think I can’t ever reach that level.

Interesting.. D05 and T05 doesn't feel fast on HL5 but 09c and other tacky and even slower rubbers are generally recomended for HL5. Wouldn't that make it even slower? I do know 09c is faster on power shots, but wouldn't that make slow and medium shots really bad?

Sorry for misunderstanding, I’ve used t05 on TB alc. other rubbers have been tried on long 5. As d09c is faster than rakza z, it could be good swap, but I’m not sure still I can utilize difference. It would probably require still strong swing.

I can recommend Glayzer 05 on the backhand.

Not too spin sensitive, not bouncy. Generally, it feels like a more friendly Dignics 05. You loose some top end spin and speed compared to D05, but it makes up for it in stability and control, especially in the passive game.

Have been using it on Viscaria, W968 and Hurricane Wang Chuqin for the past year and happy with it.

I thought also glayzer 05 but majority of reviews I’ve read, are not positive. They say Rakza 7 is better than it. (Same for glazyer 09c vs rakza z) But thanks I may try it too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I also agree on that, I have some decent backhand, but not that good of course. Although I work on it with trainings, I think I can’t ever reach that level.

Sorry for misunderstanding, I’ve used t05 on TB alc. other rubbers have been tried on long 5. As d09c is faster than rakza z, it could be good swap, but I’m not sure still I can utilize difference. It would probably require still strong swing.

I thought also glayzer 05 but majority of reviews I’ve read, are not positive. They say Rakza 7 is better than it. (Same for glazyer 09c vs rakza z) But thanks I may try it too.
For D09c on BH its more important wrist bcs in rally u will work with enemy speed. This is what I Like on D09c just with wrist flick u can send him fast and spiny ball. For underspin opening ist that great speed But it has a big amount of spin which is very dangerous for enemy and thanks to arc its very hard to block or even counterspin it.
Block and control is pleasure. But price make people wonder

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
Thanks for all suggestions. I've purchased D09C 2.1, I hope it will work on my backhand after Rakza Z 2.0

For D09c on BH its more important wrist bcs in rally u will work with enemy speed. This is what I Like on D09c just with wrist flick u can send him fast and spiny ball. For underspin opening ist that great speed But it has a big amount of spin which is very dangerous for enemy and thanks to arc its very hard to block or even counterspin it.
Block and control is pleasure. But price make people wonder
I know my backhand is not good, trying to get training. Even my technique is not so bad, my consistency is lower and in match conditions my wrist get stressed, not relaxed.

So getting over net with rakza z becomes difficult with not-dedicated flicks or short-half strokes away from table.

I guess I won't have any excuse now on, so I can focus training more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks for all suggestions. I've purchased D09C 2.1, I hope it will work on my backhand after Rakza Z 2.0

I know my backhand is not good, trying to get training. Even my technique is not so bad, my consistency is lower and in match conditions my wrist get stressed, not relaxed.

So getting over net with rakza z becomes difficult with not-dedicated flicks or short-half strokes away from table.

I guess I won't have any excuse now on, so I can focus training more.
U will see improvement of course but important with 09c is not be passive in blocking but active don't be afraid to push incoming topspin shots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
U will see improvement of course but important with 09c is not be passive in blocking but active don't be afraid to push incoming topspin shots.
I hope so, I'm familiar with active blocking from rakza z and h3 on FH, I'm glad with my blocks.
But it's hard to give speed on dead balls with blocked wrist for me, especially in the match If I'm out of position or miss the timing.
I will keep in mind!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
You should have tried something like Dignics 05 or Dignics 80 IMHO. Or even Stiga DNA H. D09c still requires a really active backhand stroke.
For that reason, I thought at first Tenergy 19 which seems bit less bouncy then 05's (I've tried t05 and fx 10 some years ago) I'm not sure about my self to control dignics 05 or Dignics 80 over table.
All in all, it comes back to skill and training issue but Hybrid rubbers gives more tolerance in short game and block department to me. But If I still fail to handle dignics 09c, I would probably try Dignics 80.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
For that reason, I thought at first Tenergy 19 which seems bit less bouncy then 05's (I've tried t05 and fx 10 some years ago) I'm not sure about my self to control dignics 05 or Dignics 80 over table.
All in all, it comes back to skill and training issue but Hybrid rubbers gives more tolerance in short game and block department to me. But If I still fail to handle dignics 09c, I would probably try Dignics 80.
Dignics in general even outside of 09c is significantly less bouncy than Tenergy. Between 80 and 05 is a personal choice, but if your reason for change is a desire for easy stroke speed vs Rakza Z *on the backhand*, I'm not sure 09c checks that box. But everyone's feeling is different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
Dignics in general even outside of 09c is significantly less bouncy than Tenergy. Between 80 and 05 is a personal choice, but if your reason for change is a desire for easy stroke speed vs Rakza Z *on the backhand*, I'm not sure 09c checks that box. But everyone's feeling is different.

Thanks, If I saw your post earlier I would order glazyer or dignic 05/80 but I didn’t want to trigger thread twice, waited until trying 09c at first.

First, I’ve played dignics 09c on my backhand at a match night (without training session) adaptation was not hard.

Tldr: it is much faster than rakza z, so better except short pushes.

At first glance, it doesn’t seem a tacky rubber which can’t stick and hold the ball at all, unlike other hybrids or dhs rubbers, but super grippy, hard rubber.

It plays much faster than I expected with liveliness and top end speed/spin (which may not be benefited by intermediate and beginners like me)

However, its easier to send ball back from far while keeping ball on table, and faster blocks. Counters are better than rakza z too.

As like other hybrids doesn’t forgive laziness and hesitation, especially on dead and backspin balls. They just go the net.

Pushes were also fine, not bouncy, not very spin sensitive, of course with rakza z, I could manage to receive topspin serve with push on table, cuz it’s very slow and tacky.

All in all, Although I was afraid before, I’m glad to try. I’m not sure I go back to tensor on backhand, it is the last stop for hybrids, no need for more EJing for me.

Thanks again for all in thread.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thanks, I didn’t want to trigger thread twice, waited until tryin at first 09c.

I’ve tried dignics 09c on my backhand at a match night (without training session)

Tldr: it is better except short pushes.

At first glance, it doesn’t seem a tacky rubber which can’t stick and hold the ball at all, unlike other hybrids or dhs rubbers, but super grippy, hard rubber.

It plays much faster than I expected with liveliness and top end speed/spin (which may not be benefited by intermediate and beginners like me)

However, its easier to send ball back from far while keeping ball on table, and faster blocks. Counters are better than rakza z too.

As like other hybrids doesn’t forgive laziness, especially on dead and backspin balls.

Pushes were also fine, not bouncy, not very spin sensitive, of course with rakza z, you could land topspin serve with push, cuz it’s very slow and tacky.

All in all, Although I was afraid before, I’m glad to try. I’m not sure I go back to tensor on backhand, it is the last stop for hybrids, no need for more EJing.
It is less sticky but it requires more effort to play because of harder sponge. Some of it depends on how the sheet is cared for (even Rakza Z loses some stickiness if you don't use protector sheets all the time). The most important thing is that you are okay with it. Everyone's feeling is different so I always stress this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
It is less sticky but it requires more effort to play because of harder sponge. Some of it depends on how the sheet is cared for (even Rakza Z loses some stickiness if you don't use protector sheets all the time). The most important thing is that you are okay with it. Everyone's feeling is different so I always stress this.

Yes, actually after couple year using hybrids, I would liked to try again tensors for better tempo in backhand game but hybrid ones helped me to keep in the rally. So I’m afraid of tensors, even slower ones. But I’ve got your point all.

Reactions: NextLevel