Alternative H3 Neo prov 40° boosted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
It take about 8 hours to break in a commercial or Nittaku H3N. Provincial H3N comes with light factory treatment. You can even see its sponge is kind of oily. No break-in was necessary. Also boosting has a lesser effect on the provincial than on the other versions.

Many non Chinese rubbers play more like Tenergy. G1 is the one I didn't need any adjustment to my strokes including thin brushing. That's after playing with H3N for 3 year before switching to other rubbers. G1's speed and spin are deceptive. I didn't feel it's fast or spiny in serve or loops, but my club members said the otherwise. When I first played with the provincial, they didn't say any thing about it.

I've tried Nittaku Fastarc G1 and honestly I cannot say that the spin is the same as with H3 Provincial Orange sponge (even though I only boost 40 deg. rubber with 1 layer).
Played with that rubber on the FH for a month and decided to switch back. The top spins are quite stable and fast, but the spin is just not there: neither on the serves, nor on the top spin play.

The question I want to ask: how much does it really take to break in the H3 Provincial rubbers ? If I don't want to boost it. Without boosting it requires very very VERY good footwork, as well as weight transfer to execute proper FH top spin.

It take about 8 hours to break in a commercial or Nittaku H3N. Provincial H3N comes with light factory treatment. You can even see its sponge is kind of oily. No break-in was necessary. Also boosting has a lesser effect on the provincial than on the other versions.

Many non Chinese rubbers play more like Tenergy. G1 is the one I didn't need any adjustment to my strokes including thin brushing. That's after playing with H3N for 3 year before switching to other rubbers. G1's speed and spin are deceptive. I didn't feel it's fast or spiny in serve or loops, but my club members said the otherwise. When I first played with the provincial, they didn't say any thing about it.

Hmm that's really interesting. May be my memory just tricks me and G1 is actually good...good thing I still have 3 sheets of it! Will test.

What I really liked about G1 (same as with H3) is that I can do full swing motion and the ball won't bounce away like it does with Tensor rubbers like Tenergy or Rasanter. No fear to destroy everything with the forehand :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Tibhar K1 plus is similar to H3 40 degree. K2 is close to H3 41 degree. K2 also has less tack than K1.

Have you played all three or four versions?
What are the differences between k1 plus, k1 and the European version?
Is K2 difficult to control because it is the hardest one?

This user has no status.
Hello,
I hope someone can help me here. I think here are more people who know a lot about Chinese Equipment.
I played the H3 boosted last winter and it was one of my best experiences with rubbers. I could do anything with the rubber, but I decided that I don't want to boost every time. Is there a rubber which comes close to a H3 Neo prov 40 which you don't have to boost?

Current setup:
If layer alc
FH: Mx-p
Bh: Mx-s

Thanks for your help!

does not exist

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Have you played all three or four versions?
What are the differences between k1 plus, k1 and the European version?
Is K2 difficult to control because it is the hardest one?

I have played with K1 and K1 plus extensively. I can read Chinese so I know a lot about K1 Pro and K2.

You can look at the following comparison:
Sponge hardness: K1<K1 plus<K1 Pro<K2
Topsheet tackiness: K2< All K1
Ease of engaging the sponge: K2<K1 plus < K1 Pro < K1

Because K1 pro uses a different sponge structure the sponge is easier to engage than K1 Plus despite the hardness.

K2 is a beast with reduced spin and control.

K1 Pro is the most popular in all the variants in China.

K1 Euro is basically K1 with reduced tack on the topsheet.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
I have played with K1 and K1 plus extensively. I can read Chinese so I know a lot about K1 Pro and K2.

You can look at the following comparison:
Sponge hardness: K1<K1 plus<K1 Pro<K2
Topsheet tackiness: K2< All K1
Ease of engaging the sponge: K2<K1 plus < K1 Pro < K1

Because K1 pro uses a different sponge structure the sponge is easier to engage than K1 Plus despite the hardness.

K2 is a beast with reduced spin and control.

K1 Pro is the most popular in all the variants in China.

K1 Euro is basically K1 with reduced tack on the topsheet.

Thank you! These informations are really helpful :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Today I tried K1 plus and it is a little bit strange. I feel that it is more tensor than China rubber. Did a lot of mistakes during topspin no spin balls. You need strength for that rubber.
Maybe it is because I haven't practice for a while. At the moment I like my gold arc 8 more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Just out of curiosity, have you tried a softer version of H3 Neo, and no extra boosting?

Not a suggestion, I just wonder how different that feels from a boosted harder rubber.

No haven't tried it yet. I tried a Nittaku hurricane turbo blue. The nittaku is more Chinese than tensor. You need more strength than the k1 plus to activate the power but therefore it feel more controlled than the K1 plus.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Kokutaku 007 Pro 40 degrees. Much easier to use and more bouncy. Spin is equal but easier produce spin. Topsheet is softer than H3.

Maybe I try the kokutaku and the dianchi National during the summer break. Second part of the season starts soon, so too much testing is not good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Is this one?

https://100x100pingpong.com/es/lisas/703-kokutaku-bluetenkirsche-007-40-version.html

kokutaku-bluetenkirsche-007-40-version.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Is this one?
Nope. The select one mentioned by yogi can be found:
- pingpong house - https://www.facebook.com/pingponghouseshop, never bought anything from him, but he support paypal so your butt is covered during transaction. He ran out of softer ones, according to what seller said they should be in stock soon
- https://www.amazon.com/Kokutaku-Selected-Table-Tennis-Rubber/dp/B07XXQBXDL - out of stock, but may become available again

You should be looking for rubber like this:
cache.php

The owner of pingponghouse is achoomai, a forum member here. He is the one responsible in redesigning that rubber. I only take credit in bugging him ti mass produce a 40 degree version since when i tried the 38 degree version it was already good but i thought if it was a harder rubber like having 40 degrees, a lot of advanced players will like the rubber more and i was right.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
If you boost, the 007 Pro works even better
I don't boost so that is the problem why I don't use H3 Neo provincial.
Played the K1 plus again. It feels like the catapul effect is not linear and therefore my shots go off the table too easy. Has someone noticed the same?
The Turbo Blue is way more linear and nearly every ball went on the table, no matter how hard you hit the ball.