An upgrade from V>15 extra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Update: I have tried Hammond Z2, don't like that feel, where people say that speed-glue like feeling. I guess I don't like that.
Hurricane 3-37 not for me, fastarc g-1 suits better but too high arc and the one I used became really soft in like two weeks.

Omega 7 pro, greattt feel, metallic, solid contact. It has great grip, and is incredibly light but unfortunately, it's not that fast. I was so bothered by the speed, that I boosted it with one layer of haifu.
The spin and speed turned out the same, but the feel of it, became even more suited.
Currently the best rubber I have used for my backhand, if only it wasn't 55 USD :(

I'm gonna continue looking for a rubber that has better top-end. V>22, maybe Omega 7 Asia? Jekyll & Hyde V47.5? Donic Bluestorm Z1?

Maybe it's time that I have to start boosting my backhand rubbers as well to get the feeling I want and speed.
Or fall to using Dignics 64/05, even though I prefer the feel of ESN compared to spring sponge.

Side note: Nittaku So-ten is soooo nice. Hina Hayata H2 is similar to it and I'd love to try it, but I just bought the So-ten.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I played V15 then MXP then Jekyll Hyde V47.5. I liked V47.5 the best out of the 3 because of the stable blocking and tremendous spin when the sponge is engaged. The throw angle is lowest that makes counter topspin lethal. Maybe you should give it a try
Like before I got so-ten and O7pro. I was a mid distance player. Now with the lighter setup, I feel like im fast enough to be more versatile. I can counter so well now and still put enough quality.

I'll most likely have to go from max to 2.0mm thickness to keep the weight down. If its not O7P.

Jekyll & hyde on the otherhand, why you so heavy?

• Haha
Reactions: longle
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Like before I got so-ten and O7pro. I was a mid distance player. Now with the lighter setup, I feel like im fast enough to be more versatile. I can counter so well now and still put enough quality.

I'll most likely have to go from max to 2.0mm thickness to keep the weight down. If its not O7P.

Jekyll & hyde on the otherhand, why you so heavy?
it's indeed heavy, maybe because of the new denser sponge ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You can consider yasaka hovering dragon (亚萨卡飞龙)or yasaka thunder dragon(亚萨卡雷龙). These rubbers are quite popular in china as they are china exclusive products. You can get them through taobao which cost 150-170yuan per piece. They come in 2.1mm thickness and 2 hardness, medium soft (est. esn 48degrees) and medium hard (est. esn 55degrees)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
This is like my 4th post about this rubber but I'm finding my strokes to be not high enough quality with V>15 extra on the backhand.
I've improved immensely on my backhand side but my power strokes have become non-threatening.
I am bottoming out V>15 extra and I need a harder version of it that's similar.

I like the way it grabs the ball during flips, I like the speed and the ease I can loop with it. I like how I can block, counter and initiate with a loop. It's short game is a bit hard due to it's med-hard topsheet but soft sponge. Kind of like short pips, it nullifies spin if it's weak, and if it's strong then it's gonna react unpredictably.

It's topsheet is indeed durable but it's not as grippy as the newer rubbers from ESN. I've also tried R53 on backhand but it needed to be lightly boosted for me to use. I need something slightly softer than R53 (in general, softer topsheet or softer sponge).
quantum x pro, bluestorm z2, nexxus el 48 superselect, or try something like v22?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I played V15 then MXP then Jekyll Hyde V47.5. I liked V47.5 the best out of the 3 because of the stable blocking and tremendous spin when the sponge is engaged. The throw angle is lowest that makes counter topspin lethal. Maybe you should give it a try
To me, I've played against someone using it. Didn't feel all that spin.