An upgrade from V>15 extra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
This is like my 4th post about this rubber but I'm finding my strokes to be not high enough quality with V>15 extra on the backhand.
I've improved immensely on my backhand side but my power strokes have become non-threatening.
I am bottoming out V>15 extra and I need a harder version of it that's similar.

I like the way it grabs the ball during flips, I like the speed and the ease I can loop with it. I like how I can block, counter and initiate with a loop. It's short game is a bit hard due to it's med-hard topsheet but soft sponge. Kind of like short pips, it nullifies spin if it's weak, and if it's strong then it's gonna react unpredictably.

It's topsheet is indeed durable but it's not as grippy as the newer rubbers from ESN. I've also tried R53 on backhand but it needed to be lightly boosted for me to use. I need something slightly softer than R53 (in general, softer topsheet or softer sponge).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Maybe it is more expensive, but haven't you simply tried V>22 Double Extra (50°)? Presumably, many of the people involved in the development of V>15 Extra were also there in its development.
That was my first thought, problem is there isn't enough reviews. I found one where they compared mx-p and V>22.

I forgot to add it to the post but V>15 and V>22 (according to the video) both have this feeling of being "murky".
It's hard to feel the grip.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
That was my first thought, problem is there isn't enough reviews. I found one where they compared mx-p and V>22.

I forgot to add it to the post but V>15 and V>22 (according to the video) both have this feeling of being "murky".
It's hard to feel the grip.
I thought that was the point of V>15, being relatively insensitive to incoming ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I thought that was the point of V>15, being relatively insensitive to incoming ball.
It is less sensitive but it's still receptive to spin. There's rubbers out that have that quality while having greater spin.

I need greater quality from my topspins, if it's more sensitive then I'll adapt.
Almost nothing is more sensitive than T05 which I have tried.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
V20 is quite similar but has a harder feel, i made the switch from v15 to v20 a while ago (for forehand however) and havent looked back
I'm a bit scared to use V20 as it's near the hardness of R53. With R53, the loops were more deadly but I couldn't create my own pace.

Edit: FYI, this is for backhand.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Currently I'm looking at V>22, Omega tour 7 i at 50 degrees (it's 62 usd here), K3 ??, V>20, Rakza XX, DNA Pro H and Donic Bluestorm Z1.

All these durometer readings are hard to compare to each other as the topsheet and sponge hardness impacts playing feel. On a different note, the tour 7 i here is definitely legit as they are official xiom distributors.

Edit: Contemplating between V>22 and Tour 7 currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
First impressions of J&H Z52.5 and Triple Double Extra.
The "Z" plays like a 50 degree rubber with the explosiveness of a 48 degree rubber. It's slight tack helps grip slow balls (still have to test with flicks).
Can be used for both FH and BH. On loops it has a long trajectory and medium-high arc. It has incredible quality for any hard hitter. I'm using it on BH for now and I am sure I cannot access all of it's potential there (only on loop kills and half distance).
Aka I agree with Yogi's review on the Z52.5.

TDE has extreme tack then lowers to only lifting the ball for 1 second.
Speed is greater than boosted h3 neo but spin or kick is lesser than the hurricane.
It has a low arc which makes the ball deadly despite the lesser spin.
Unexpectedly, it works as a BH rubber in characteristic. It only falls short due to the hardness of the sponge making it difficult to generate speed close to the table.
Works best as a FH rubber.

Weights was not measured but Z52.5 feels heavier than TDE (57.5 deg).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Update: played TDE and Z52.5 on both sides for 4 hours.

TDE is a speed monster, doesn't have the kick but the sheer speed and low arc makes it feel like a speed rubber.
It's counters are also very user-dependent. The sponge is so hard that almost everything is sent short on a non-active stroke.
During drills, I felt like a pro (minus their consistency).

Z52.5 is similar to Dignics 05. Bouncy but Z52.5 is better due to it's tack. D05 has the advantage of weight.
It is a looper's rubber due to the normal topsheet thickness. I also got the topsheet to chip on it's first trial.
Doing counter it's better to activate the sponge then shake/rub the racket.

Kind of uncomfortable with the backhand rubber being heavier than the forehand. It also made the blade head-heavy. I'll try putting some tape on the handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Have you tried Donic BlueStar? There are now three sponges A1, A2, A3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Have you tried Donic BlueStar? There are now three sponges A1, A2, A3.
It's all the rave, but it costs practically the same as the Z52.5. I'd be interested in the A2 as I had been looking for a 50 deg rubber (hence Hammond Z2). Honestly, I've just been testing out a lot of different rubbers for my backhand side. Some rubbers lose me points (V>15), some win me points, (R53 and G1). That was when I was confident enough to attack with my backhand for every point.

Both had a durability problem in one aspect or another.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
You can always go back to G1. It's cheap enough on Dandoy these days.