Andro Hexer HD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
There is new rubber from Andro, named Andro Hexer HD ..
vp_hexer_hd_72dpi_rgb_p2.jpg
It seems to be a very good and favorite rubber!
Here is more info:
Modern table tennis is becoming more complex day by day. To enable you to keep step with new trends, we designed andro Hexer HD. During the development of this fourth generation TENSOR BIOS rubber we focused on the factor precision. The progressive, spinny surface structure gives you the feeling of leading the ball for a longer time during the stroke and bringing the ball to its target point. Topspins and counterspins on highest possible level hitting the target precisely (High Definition Performance) will become an important part of your repertoire. The powerful catapult and speed gluing effect for which TENSOR BIOS rubbers are famous for provides Hexer HD with the certain power so that you do not miss speed and feedback. Extend your game with the factor precision – discover Hexer HD!

Does anyone already have it??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well I had a little car crash yesterday just before I went to play, so I didnt try it quite enough ..
I only had a few rallyes..
Hmm.. Comparing to Hexer + this one is absolute bombing catapult! The ball goes furiously fast and spinny..
Cant say much more, I will try it more later.. but.. It was great!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
I ordered a red sheet of Hexer HD in 1.9mm. It will be on my FH and I have Hexer+ 1.9 on my BH. So I can make a comparison between them.
Hope to test it next Monday.

This user has no status.
Didn't play Hexer HD myself yet but a friend of mine changed to it. It definitely has a different topsheet than the other rubbers in the Hexer-Family. The red topsheet has a much more matt colour compared to Hexer or Hexer Powersponge, but as is said unfortunately I can't compare their playing characteristics cause I'm satisfied with my Hexer PS and won't change :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
I have now Hexer + on my bh side and Hexer HD on my forehand, both 1.9mm, but I didnt play much with them, so cant tell,.. but from few shots that I made, it seems really great!

What blade do you use?
I will use the same rubber config as you and will put it on a Andro Tempertech OFF blade.
If I like the Hexer HD more then the Hexer+ I will buy another sheet for my BH.

edit: if i'm very lucky I will receive the Hexer HD tomorrow. But I think it will be Tuesday. So it could take a week longer before I can test it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Tonight I played for 5 minutes with HexerHD and Hexer+. (a couple hits after competition)
(Hexer+ is a used rubber. Couple months old)
So can't say to much about it, but HexerHD:

- Feels harder then hexer+.
- Feels faster then hexer+
- Control seems to be good on block. It was easy to do a short precise block on a faster ball.
- I have to try some more spin, but it seems to be very good. You can get some very speedy topspin balls. But I can get the same with Hexer+
- Backhand topspin was nice.

Hope to play some more with it next week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Some more Hexer HD info:

-The throw angle of the HD seems to be pretty low, lower then Hexer+. I had some trouble getting it over the net. Especially when smashing(flat hitting)
-Also it's very fast. Faster then Hexer+
-The topsheet is very nice. It has a matte finish, and stays very clean. Looks like it could be very durable. It also seems to stay dry(I didn't have to clean it during a game)
-The sponge seems to be the same as Hexer+, but the Topsheet is totally different and harder.
-I'm still don't really like it, but I haven't played very much with it. I may try it some more when competition ends.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
mgmCuber - I like it a lot!
It is great for me that it has that low throw, I can adjust to that very well, because it is hard rubber and somehow I get more feeling in it..
And this feeling among with speed gives me pretty exciting game! I think this is the right one for my forehand, finally I found it..
Margin of error is very low in here, also huge sidespin always goes on the table, that is what didnt with hexer+ for me..
But Hexer+ suits my backhand very well, so I guess this is the combination I will stay at..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
I've weighed some rubbers in comparison of the Hexer HD:

Code:
Hexer HD (1.9mm):                 47g
Hexer+ (1.7mm):                   42g
Hexer+ (1.9mm):                   43g
Hexer+ (2.1mm):                   44g
Hexer Powersponge (2.1mm):        43g
Tenergy 05 (2.1):                 44g (the rubber is slightly smaller cut)
Friendship 729-5 (2.2mm):         46g
Yinhe Moon (2.2mm):               42g
So the Hexer HD is pretty heavy.

In the same order is a picture of all the rubbers. (only one Hexer+ in there (1.7mm)):

A couple more pictures:

Hexer+
HexerHD

HexerHD
Tenergy64

Hexer+

HexerHD

Difference between HexerHD and Hexer+ when you take them of a frame:

Also Hexer HD has a different color. It's almost pink :)
HexerHD looks very good. It looks like a very high quality rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Is it really that much? 4-5 g more? :)
I dont think so, hehe..
That rubber is awesome!

Yeah it's pretty heavy, but it doesn't feel that heavy.
I think it's a bit heavier because it's very good quality and because of the topsheet.

Last edited: