Andro Rasant

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I've played with Rasant since it came out. The sponge is medium and the topsheat is soft, has medium-low throw. Good spin on serves and loops very fast when you have the right blade (wodden 5-7 ply) also very nice for blocking especially chopblocks are easy with it. I like the black rubber better as it gripier than the red.

Finally, i would settle with rasant then for FH since i'm an all wood user...but i'm still waiting on the reviews about the Bluefire JP03 if it would be good for BH or should i use Sigma II for BH on Clipper wood?...what can you suggest?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
That's interesting, how comes the black rubbers tend to be better than the red?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

I thinks it´s not like black rubbers are better than red ones. They are quite often just a bit different. In past 20 years I have mainly played with Stiga rubbers and I think that Stigas red rubbers tends to be a bit softer and less spinny than black ones. That´s why I love red Stigas on my bh. I think ( maybe even know) that differences between colours is due to chemical characteristics of colouring powder the companies use to make rubbers red or black.

Cheers,
Tommi

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I'm also curious about whether to put Rhyzm or Rasant on my FH, or Adidas P7 or Bluefire M1/M2. I'm not convinced on Rasant because I've read its spin is poor compared to Tenergy or other rubbers, and it feels like it's fake... not worth its price. Can anyone tell me how's the performance from these 4 rubbers, which one the best? I'm looking for sort of medium hard sponge, and I quite like the slight grippiness of Adidas P7 topsheet as it gives the illusion as if it's of that chinese rubber effect with its strange like mechanical spin. Is Rhyzm like that or more like a very catapulty rubber like bluefire?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
@bzing
as i've mentioned many times in this forum i think Rasant is likely to be very blade-dependent. Only on soft blades does it unleash its huge potential of spin, but i don't think the spin would be bad by any means even if u put it on a random blade. Speed wise it's bloody fast on attacks but somehow u can still maintain really nice control in short games.

As for Rhyzm I think it's just the same as commercial version of tenergy 25 ... except better, with more spin and speed(and even control/variations of shots, for me at least). It's topsheet is REALLY hard though so some(or most) may not like it..

Can't comment on the other 2 'cuz i hate BlueFire + never tried P7 before.

This user has no status.
@Dan
Thank you for all the effort you've spent so far into this forum.

As for the "black and red" thing i know it may sound strange at 1st but there're some actual scientific proofs behind this(which i can't be bothered to read through those essays again to explain), but in simple words the black rubbers often tends to be a bit softer, slower and spinnier compare to the red rubbers which means the black 1s should be slightly better for looping and red 1s better for flat-hitting.
Most well known examples are the Chinese rubbers and the differences are easily noticeable. LKT even once named a black and red rubber separately (red diamond and black power) and thier performance ratings are slightly different from each other's.
I also think this is the case for German ESN rubbers. For instance I never like the red Donic rubbers except for Baracuda ('cuz the topsheet are supposed to be hard anyway so they aren't that much different) 'cuz i was never able to loop properly with the red 1s. Same for Andro and Tibhar according to my experience.
However for Japanese rubbers (e.g. stiga, betterfly) it's the other way round (don't ask me why :p), at least that's what happened to me. Red 1s tend to be softer. Not sure if the reds are spinnier but my friend said his red tackiness chop was spinnier than the black 1 on the other side.

Hope this info might help. Sry for poor English.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@Dan
Thank you for all the effort you've spent so far into this forum.

As for the "black and red" thing i know it may sound strange at 1st but there're some actual scientific proofs behind this(which i can't be bothered to read through those essays again to explain), but in simple words the black rubbers often tends to be a bit softer, slower and spinnier compare to the red rubbers which means the black 1s should be slightly better for looping and red 1s better for flat-hitting.
Most well known examples are the Chinese rubbers and the differences are easily noticeable. LKT even once named a black and red rubber separately (red diamond and black power) and thier performance ratings are slightly different from each other's.
I also think this is the case for German ESN rubbers. For instance I never like the red Donic rubbers except for Baracuda ('cuz the topsheet are supposed to be hard anyway so they aren't that much different) 'cuz i was never able to loop properly with the red 1s. Same for Andro and Tibhar according to my experience.
However for Japanese rubbers (e.g. stiga, betterfly) it's the other way round (don't ask me why :p), at least that's what happened to me. Red 1s tend to be softer. Not sure if the reds are spinnier but my friend said his red tackiness chop was spinnier than the black 1 on the other side.

Hope this info might help. Sry for poor English.

Your English is great :) Thanks for this info makes sense. I have also heard before that the black runners lasts longer because light kills the red ruber quicker. Lots of different theries. And you are right about the Chinese rubbers. Very true!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Today me and TTD member @Tom reviewed Andro's Rasant Turbo. It was a fun day, we will upload the review in the upcoming weeks.

uploadfromtaptalk1379358688456.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Your English is great :) Thanks for this info makes sense. I have also heard before that the black runners lasts longer because light kills the red ruber quicker. Lots of different theries. And you are right about the Chinese rubbers. Very true!

maybe not to all rubbers...
with my experience with 729 super fx, the black wears off faster...those are my first equipment being a pre-assembled bat, a 729 hobby bat...been using it for 8 to 9 years as an amateur player...last year, the black rubber lost its tackiness and even its grip...tried to put oil, works then none again until it totally unusable...the red one was ripped and torn just a month ago if not my friend who borrowed it...it still plays fine but my friend hit the edge of the table,ripped the rubber from the blade,actually from the sponge, the sponged chipped off from the blade...should i say, it was torn...my blade is not in good condition...seems that the layers/plies separated on the head portion...been thinking of gluing it...

lol...been out of the topic already...hahahaha..apologies....

keep playin'!:)

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
Hi guys, let me introduce you to the Andro Rasant on my STIGA Infinity VPS V blade!

Overall impression: Rasant looks shiny on the surface like Tenergy and Bluefire and has that same ESN factory smell which is probably the same to Bluefire. However, the green sponge looks really cool and has larger pores that Tenergy but smaller pores than Bluefire on the surface.

Speed: This rubber is fast. It is definitely faster that Tenergy but will a more pronounced throw angle that is very good. It also has a compact feel which makes it special. Its sponge hardness is 45 degrees and the catapult effect of Rasant is by far the best I have ever ever seen!

Spin: Wow baby, this rubber is spinnier than Tenergy and Bluefire by twofold despite its speed.I can say that the ball sinks into the sponge and rebounces it with its grippy surface, hence producing tremendous amounts of spin.

Control: Uh oh! This rubber has less control than Tenergy in the short game cos its really quick and fast with lots of spin. If andro could improve in this area, then this could be the new "Tenergy Killer".

Match play: I was able to get my shots onto the table more often with lots of speed and spin. However, I wasn't able to control the ball well because it was faster than Tenergy.

Conclusion: I'd definitely recommend this rubber to any player that hates Tenergy for its price. It's a unique rubber made by andro and this is going to become a breakthrough if top players like Timo Boll try to use it. My belief is that Rasant and Tenergy are going to rule the world together in table tennis!

Last edited: