Any experiences of the Victas V > 15 Extra?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I'm interested in anything you have to share about this rubber. Speed, spin, control, feel, hardness, usability, durability... literally anything.

Thanks.

I see you're playing with T19 at the moment.
By comparison, V>15 Extra has a harder topsheet, is less bouncy on soft touches, faster on higher impact shots, generates a bit less spin on low impact shots, and probably about the same spin on high impact shots.
I found the durability of V>15 above average. To me it seemed a bit better than many ESN rubbers, but doesn't last as long as G1 (which is the most durable rubber ever!).
The V>15 Extra is a bit heavier than T19. I don't find that an issue, but some folks do.
All in all V>15 Extra is an excellent rubber, and can be gotten hold of a fair bit cheaper than T19. Certainly worth a try IMO.

Last edited:
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I see you're playing with T19 at the moment.
By comparison, V>15 Extra has a harder topsheet, is less bouncy on soft touches, faster on higher impact shots, generates a bit less spin on low impact shots, and probably about the same spin on high impact shots.
I found the durability of V>15 about average. To me it seemed a bit better than many ESN rubbers, but doesn't last as long as G1 (which is the most durable rubber ever!).
The V>15 Extra is a bit heavier than T19. I don't find that an issue, but some folks do.
All in all V>15 Extra is an excellent rubber, and can be gotten hold of a fair bit cheaper than T19. Certainly worth a try IMO.
Thanks for replying!

Exactly, I play Tenergy 19 right now, but it is a bit too expensive, just like the whole Tenergy or Dignics series. Yes, I definitely want to give it a try, I really like that blue color this rubber can be purchased with.
If you still has something to say about that, please, do so!

If I know right, this rubber has a 47,5° hardness. On a Butterfly scale, how hard would that be?

Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
If I know right, this rubber has a 47,5° hardness. On a Butterfly scale, how hard would that be?

47.5 degrees on the ESN scale is about the same as the T19 / T05 sponge. Bear in mind, though, that the top sheet of the V>15 Extra is a bit harder than the top sheet of T19, so as an overall package the rubber will feel a bit harder than T19.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
47.5 degrees on the ESN scale is about the same as the T19 / T05 sponge. Bear in mind, though, that the top sheet of the V>15 Extra is a bit harder than the top sheet of T19, so as an overall package the rubber will feel a bit harder than T19.
Thanks for answering. If it really has about the same spin as T19, I might try it out. I love that blue color.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
I tried it on my BH and it was pretty trash with spin generation (I'm comparing it with Dignics 05), pretty hopeless if you love the chiquita and strawberry shots like me. You need full on loops to produce a lot of spin. However, it is very spin insensitive - my friend who loves BH punching found it to be really good in this area. Serve receive is of course much better than Dignics 05 due to its spin insensitivity, it was really easy to place pushes short or long.

This user has no status.
I tried it on my BH and it was pretty trash with spin generation (I'm comparing it with Dignics 05), pretty hopeless if you love the chiquita and strawberry shots like me. You need full on loops to produce a lot of spin. However, it is very spin insensitive - my friend who loves BH punching found it to be really good in this area. Serve receive is of course much better than Dignics 05 due to its spin insensitivity, it was really easy to place pushes short or long.
Sorry if that would be the case objectively no pro would ever use V>15. But somehow we have several very high level pros using this rubber on both side. Meaning it definitly not the rubbers fault for you being unable to generate spin or high quality shots with it either way.

To give a little more insight:
As Manto pointed out correctly V>15 feels harder due to its harder topsheet. That is why you literally cant generate any speed with weak shots.
Although i would say i have a strong wrist and therefore flick, i still lacked in several departments while using this rubber on my bh(maybe now it could be different because i used it around 2 years ago and would say my bh improved) so i tested it on fh.
Here the story was completely different. Decent catapult, huge highend speed and strong spin capabilities + great sound (if that matters^^). The arc is really good, high enough to spin really low shots up in the air and get it on the other side. But not that long and wide that your shots would usually land somewhere behind the table.

So be aware that you have to have a strong technique, especially on bh if you want to use that rubber for that purpose. Finding its potential is way easier on fh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Sorry if that would be the case objectively no pro would ever use V>15. But somehow we have several very high level pros using this rubber on both side.

Correct. If V>15 Extra was good enough for Liam Pitchford and Koki Niwa, then it's good enough for any amateur. That doesn't mean everyone will like it - it does feel different to, for example, T05 and T19. It has a harder topsheet, is less spin-sensitive and thus more difficult to generate spin with on low impact shots, but anyone who watched Liam Pitchford play with it should have no doubt about V>15 Extra's capacity for spin and power if you have the skill to use it.

This user has no status.
Sorry if that would be the case objectively no pro would ever use V>15. But somehow we have several very high level pros using this rubber on both side. Meaning it definitly not the rubbers fault for you being unable to generate spin or high quality shots with it either way.

As Manto pointed out correctly V>15 feels harder due to its harder topsheet. That is why you literally cant generate any speed with weak shots.
Although i would say i have a strong wrist and therefore flick, i still lacked in several departments while using this rubber on my bh(maybe now it could be different because i used it around 2 years ago and would say my bh improved) so i tested it on fh.
Here the story was completely different. Decent catapult, huge highend speed and strong spin capabilities + great sound (if that matters^^). The arc is really good, high enough to spin really low shots up in the air and get it on the other side. But not that long and wide that your shots would usually land somewhere behind the table.

So be aware that you have to have a strong technique, especially on bh if you want to use that rubber for that purpose. Finding its potential is way easier on fh.
Yes I felt the same way - it's maybe a good FH rubber but for BH the spin is a bit too hard to activate especially on chiquita and strawberry shots unless you have some ridiculous finger/wrist power. Koki Niwa doesn't do much of strong chiquita while Liam has some insane wrist power which is very hard for amateurs to have. However I think even at top end spin (ie full power BH loops), it's still not as good as Dignics 05. So the question is that given that the major advantage in spin insensitivity, is it worth the lack of ease in spin generation? That is the tradeoff when comparing between Victas V-15 and Dignics 05.

It's like for eg Ma Long and Liang Jingkun playing Hurricanes on the BH - it's probably only possible for pros and not so good for amateurs...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I think even at top end spin (ie full power BH loops), it's still not as good as Dignics 05. So the question is that given that the major advantage in spin insensitivity, is it worth the lack of ease in spin generation? That is the tradeoff when comparing between Victas V-15 and Dignics 05.

You may well be right. I've only had a brief knock with D05, so I can't really compare and will just take your word for it. But, the OP isn't comparing to D05, he's comparing to T19.

And, comparing to T19, the trade off is essentially between easier spin on low impact shots (for which the T19 is very good) and less spin-sensitivity (for which the V>15 Extra is very good). For high impact attacking shots I don't think there's much difference between the two. V>15 is a bit faster, but that's about it.

The other big difference is that you can get V>15 Extra at around 40 Euros a sheet, whereas T19 is 60 Euros.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that V>15 Extra is a competitor to D05, merely that it's a proven performer in the medium-hard range (i.e. around 47.5 degrees), comes at a fairly attractive price, and is worth a try. If the OP tries it and doesn't like it, so be it. And it does look cool in blue!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
V>15 Extra is actually really good for chiquita, it grips the ball exceptionally well if one is good at chiquita. For sure the grip is not a given like with Fastarc G-1 or Tenergy, but if you do the chiquita just a little bravely it is surprisingly good. And the quality of the chiquita is higher than with G-1, that is without a question. V>15 extra is a really good BH rubber and many pros use it on their backhand.

G-1 and Tenergy are really nice since they always grip the ball, you don't need to pay any attention to that aspect. But if V>15 topsheet is stretched well it is putting out higher quality balls, faster and spinnier than Tenergy and G-1.

I found during winter time when it's colder G-1 is much better, V>15 in colder temp feels significantly worse.

Durability of the V>15 I found to be pretty good, not as good as G-1 but compared to many ESN rubbers it is exceptional.

Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
That's been my experience too: Not as durable as G1 (nothing is!), but lasts longer than other ESN rubbers I'm familiar with.
Same though i actually didnt like the blue one. The topsheet died out way faster than in my time with the 2 red sheets i had before. I even have a 5 months old sheet on my defence setup on forehand in red and it is still in awesome shape.

I might add especially while using it on a defensive blade: Not the best rubber at chopping^^. Rough to execute chops but counterlooping on the other hand is something i really love here. My upper body is quite fast so i usually have enough time to execute those shots on a regular basis, and it is damn fun. This rubber gives so much controll and still enough speed and spin, so i can execute really deadly shots.

Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

On FH it's so crisp. It's like you're biting into crispy chicken. It's definitely a controlled rubber on FH, great alternative. BH requires less finesse and more power. T05 is more finesse and less power. (First time hitting with T05 and I was hitting all passive shots long, all active shots were golden)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
On FH it's so crisp. It's like you're biting into crispy chicken. It's definitely a controlled rubber on FH, great alternative. BH requires less finesse and more power. T05 is more finesse and less power. (First time hitting with T05 and I was hitting all passive shots long, all active shots were golden)
Is it less bouncy than MxP and G1?

This user has no status.
Is it less bouncy than MxP and G1?
Most certainly.
MXP>G1>...>V 15

You wont feel any bounciness as long as you dont hit propperly. Just observe how Liam or Duda hit with their backhands. Anything less will be too low of a quality shot to let the ball bounce fast from your blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Most certainly.
MXP>G1>...>V 15

You wont feel any bounciness as long as you dont hit propperly. Just observe how Liam or Duda hit with their backhands. Anything less will be too low of a quality shot to let the ball bounce fast from your blade.
Interesting. I didn't know this. Why would Victas make their flagship rubber from ESN less bouncy?

What would be most comparable to it? Rakza 7 ?

This user has no status.
Interesting. I didn't know this. Why would Victas make their flagship rubber from ESN less bouncy?

What would be most comparable to it? Rakza 7 ?

Because bounciness is nothing really important these days. It just takes away too much control and speed. Highend speed and spin matter way more. Why do you think many pros switch away from T05?

Rakza 7 feels softer if i remember correctly. But i actually cant quite compare these 2 because i havent played Rakza 7 in a long time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Because bounciness is nothing really important these days. It just takes away too much control and speed. Highend speed and spin matter way more. Why do you think many pros switch away from T05?

Rakza 7 feels softer if i remember correctly. But i actually cant quite compare these 2 because i havent played Rakza 7 in a long time.
so how is the top-end speed of V15 compared to G1 and MXP?