Anybody ever fixed air bubble on topsheet?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I dont think a needle would work, the glue would just stuck on the needle.
that is correct but a small plastic syringe and the appropriate size needle will do the trick to get the glue in there.
The real problem might be the amount and the quality of the glue so as to avoid creating a "hard-spot" which would be nearly as annoying as a blister.

Reactions: pingpongpaddy
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Its victas triple double.
Can't hurt to try fixing it. Very small slice in the topsheet (center of bubble) and glue into the aperture made by the small slice. Most glues I have used, the bottle has a long thin nozzle. That should be enough to get the glue in there.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
No. Just no. I mean, sure, it may be possible. But every shot you take with that side of the racket you will be wondering "Did I miss or was it the repair?"

• Haha
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Can't hurt to try fixing it. Very small slice in the topsheet (center of bubble) and glue into the aperture made by the small slice. Most glues I have used, the bottle has a long thin nozzle. That should be enough to get the glue in there.
I might end up trying this. But the airbubble right now might even be too small to operate on for now.

Maybe I should practice on the rubber more until the airbubble gets bigger, and then it will be easier to cut through the topsheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
You can try to fix it just as a learning experience but I don't think it will be very successful. You will probably need some very specific type of glue to make the bond work. Something that will more or less bond the sponge and pip permanently and regular latex glue will not cut it. It's simply not worth the trouble. Bubbling is also the risk you take with some Chinese rubbers. There's no free lunch.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
There's no free lunch.
Oh but there is ! 😁 I only ever used Chinese rubbers and never had a bubble.
With the price of the rubbers I use I could buy 6 rubbers to 1 Dignics so this gives me 5 free lunches and my rubbers last longer than the Dignics too so this gives me free deserts as well. 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
With the price of the rubbers I use I could buy 6 rubbers to 1 Dignics so this gives me 5 free lunches and my rubbers last longer than the Dignics too so this gives me free deserts as well. 😂

But that's only because you're making Igor happy!

• Haha
Reactions: cytivrat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I love my Chinese rubbers. I love recycling my H3 neo recently. That project has been going well. By recycling the old H3 neo, the tackiness wears off a bit and it feels like "hybrid" to me.

Just to get on the topic of this thread, I have one Sanwei National Target, black, not boosted. I liked it. So I boosted a Sanwei National Target, red and it bubbled up! The bubble is located right near the bottom, where the logo's are. So it does not affect the playing characteristic that well.

I have heard of Chinese rubber bubbling up but never seen that with the 20+ H3 neo I have boosted. That happened with STN, the first time I boosted that rubber. I don't plan to fix it.

And if any of my chinese rubber bubbles up, I will just throw them away. They are very cheap anyway!

By the way, how do you like your RXTON 5? I just got one sheet of RXTON 5, one sheet of RXTON 1 and two sheets (pink and blue) of RXTON 3. I put them on my Tibhar Stratus Power Wood. They play ok. Not much catapult. When boosted, RXTON 3 curled up like crazy, followed by RXTON 1 with some curling while RXTON 5 barely curled. RXTON 1 is clearly softer and slower than 3 and 5. I don't like 3 and 5 to be much different in its playing characteristic. Not too tacky. No catapult effects. Those are my preliminary opinion playing with robot. I will need to bring them to the club and play a few matches before I can say more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20230612_202504.jpg

What started as 1 air bubble has expanded into 4 or 5 distinct air bubbles.

Any idea whats the best chance to fix this? Im thinking i should separate the topsheet from the sponge from the topleft side and reglue the entire upper left quarter of the rubber.

Do you think this is a good idea or what another action be better?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Since its no longer one single bubble, i dont think the slice into topsheet makes sense anymore. Any other idea? Should i try separating and regluing the whole sheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Since its no longer one single bubble, i dont think the slice into topsheet makes sense anymore. Any other idea? Should i try separating and regluing the whole sheet?
My vote is to get a new sheet of rubber. I would hate to fix it and then I hit a shot off the table, and I think my rubber (fixed up) is responsible for that point lost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
My vote is to get a new sheet of rubber. I would hate to fix it and then I hit a shot off the table, and I think my rubber (fixed up) is responsible for that point lost.
Yeah I know what you mean. If I can manage to save the rubber somewhat, I will probably just use it as a test rubber or practice rubber or backup rubber of some sort. It might be useful to have around.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yeah I know what you mean. If I can manage to save the rubber somewhat, I will probably just use it as a test rubber or practice rubber or backup rubber of some sort. It might be useful to have around.
If so, I vote is to peel off the whole top sheet and glue it back to the sponge. I think there are just too many bubbles. better to peel off the whole top sheet and reassemble the whole thing.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl