Anybody know the exact ESN hardness for DHS 38-41?

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER ➡️ ESN PROVED LACKING OF TESTING COMPETENCE..

Yes, we feel very sceptical about factory evaluation of sponge materials by ESN, likewise we don't agree about the hardness numbers being indicated on ESN sponges. ESN laboratorians seem unfamiliar with standard testing procedure.. Look, they even omited to comply with the basic ASTM provisions, as generally adopted for making tests on rubber foamed materials.
An ASTM provision goes as follows :
— A sample of sponge sheet subjected for laboratory testings is required to measure minimum of 6 millimeters by thickness ..

Again, take a view here, --ESN technician lady using 2 mm sheets, and she then filled misleading results into the Test Form. Course, you cant expect to get adequate numbers on ESN products, sorry.

[video]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Can you link the one you bought?

Can you try to measure the sponge only of DHS 39-41 to see what ESN scale it shows?
I bought the same one as @latej but it won't get here for another few weeks.

Unfortunately I don't have any DHS rubbers, but I'll investigate the sponge/topsheet/entire rubber readings and see how it all works.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
What rubbers do you have to measure?

Not much compared to your typical EJ, but way more than I should have as a beginner.

Have a few Yinhe, Loki, and 729 rubbers. Loki 5, 1 Plus, 3 Blue, Battle 2 Pro, Bloom Power, Jupiter 3, Moon, Moon Speed, Moon 12 Blue, Mercury 2 soft/medium. Some ESN rubbers too. Fastarc C-1, S-1, Vega Pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Not much compared to your typical EJ, but way more than I should have as a beginner.

Have a few Yinhe, Loki, and 729 rubbers. Loki 5, 1 Plus, 3 Blue, Battle 2 Pro, Bloom Power, Jupiter 3, Moon, Moon Speed, Moon 12 Blue, Mercury 2 soft/medium. Some ESN rubbers too. Fastarc C-1, S-1, Vega Pro
Oh cool. Im especially interested in your loki 5, battle 2, bloom power, and jupiter 3. What listed degrees are they?