Anybody like Bluestorm Z1 Turbo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Anybody play with this rubber or like this rubber?

It's a very attractive cool looking rubber, and supposedly one of the more modern ESN offerings with latest technology. I imagine it should be something similar to Victas 22 or MXP50.

I tried it recently on my friend's brand new racket, but somehow it felt a lot harder than I expected. For me, it was somewhat hard to get speed out of because the sponge felt quite hard and dead. Not dead like unboosted Hurricane, but dead compared to the trademark ESN bounciness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Nobody likes this rubber? I notice it has the highest speed rating on Revspin so somebody out there must love it, but to me it is not very fast.

Dignics 05 and Hammond Z2 are also 50d sponges, but they feel a lot more bouncy and fast to me than Z1Turbo.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Hi! I am goin to buy this rubber. That's pretty cool if it is dead cause I don't need a fast rubber. I'm looking for a hard Chinese-type rubber with good spin and not too much spin sensitive. From your review I got that it's like a chinese- hit the ball hard and fast, it goes fast, hit it slow , the ball is slow. So, can you compare Z1 Turbo to Yinhe J3? I know J3 is tacky but it is also speedy. Which one has the best basic speed? I found Z1T for the price of 2xJ3. But I don't need 2xJ3 ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi! I am goin to buy this rubber. That's pretty cool if it is dead cause I don't need a fast rubber. I'm looking for a hard Chinese-type rubber with good spin and not too much spin sensitive. From your review I got that it's like a chinese- hit the ball hard and fast, it goes fast, hit it slow , the ball is slow. So, can you compare Z1 Turbo to Yinhe J3? I know J3 is tacky but it is also speedy. Which one has the best basic speed? I found Z1T for the price of 2xJ3. But I don't need 2xJ3 ;)
If you want a Chinese type rubber, certainly J3 is a better match. J3 is tacky, but Z1 Turbo is not tacky.

I'm not certain on the speed. I was mostly testing J3 on the forehand and testing the Z1T on backhand. Maybe they are ultimately somewhat similar in speed. J3 is extremely fast for a Chinese-tacky rubber. Z1T felt a little slow/dead to me for a ESN rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
BTW, according to Donic's Facebook page, Kou Lei's racket is:

His racket: Donic Original No.1
BlueGrip C2 (fh), Bluestorm Z1 Turbo (bh)

Don't know if this is still up to date though.