Anyone have a sneak peak of Glayzer yet?

I got some G and G09C sheets and now I have tested them.

G09C has almost no tackiness at all, I like this (less of a dust magnet). Before I played with Nittaku Hammond Z2 on FH and Donic acuda blue P2 on BH.

G09C is definitely harder, slower and spinier than HZ2. I read that G09C was too slow for kill shots. This is not true on my level. It takes a bit more effort but it’s totally possible. However a Tenergy 05 is more lethal but G09C is much easier to control in the short game.

Glazer is faster and spinier than accuda blue but it’s not any harder to put the shots on the table really. Just need to be more active. If you do this you get a nice curve and ball hits the target. It’s a little bit more difficult to handle in the short game but the speed gained on active topspin shots make up for this. This is a candidate for a permanent backhand rubber for me.

Both rubbers give good and high spin capabilities but below Tenergy 05 level.
G09C is a little too slow to make it to a permanent position for me but not by much. Glayser has enough spin capability
to take over as my favorite BH rubber. That position was held by T05FX with accuda blue P2 as a runner up. I thought the gomongous difference in hardness would give me trouble but it didn’t, just need to dig in a little bit more and I think the hardness actually is beneficial in the short game.

All in all these are very good rubbers and very much worth the price. I just wish that G09C would be a little faster…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I glued my Glayzers, G and G09c on my Mizutani SZLC. I gave both rubbers a lick of Falco. Not because I need the boost, but because I wanted the rubbers to be a bit bigger. I cut my Glayzers to W968 head initially and BTY head is different.
I used 3 + 1 layers of LatX glue which I think is just Revolution no3.

With W968 I had the arc and safety but it was maybe lacking a bit of speed. But I'm not even so sure about that the speed was lacking with it. The passive speed was a bit lacking. But could be possible that a lick of Falco matters a lot and would bring W968 up to speed too.

Then with Sanwei 75 PBO I got the speed and I got lightness at 179g but I lost the arc line of the ball. And especially on FH side with the G09c. On BH I had less issue with G. But I feel I did a fairly bad gluejob too somehow and there were some dead spots. It's actually fairly hard to glue the Sanwei 75 PBO, since mine has insane fishscale and the glue doesn't stick to the fishscaled koto so well.

So I was like let's try it on the Mizutani SZLC, which is a bit faster blade but has more flex than the Sanwei. And it feels awesome. My arc line issues are gone, my speed issues are gone, my weight issues are gone @ 181.5g. Over-the-table countering is excellent, for some reason, SZLC is really unbeatable at that. I don't know how much the Falco is contributing, but in fact G09c feels like it gained a significant amount of bottom strength. I have to be careful not to overshoot since it's like a boosted bluesponge type Chinese rubber now, but it's much easier to use than Chinese rubbers.
Maybe both rubbers became a bit harder or less spongy and more rubbery if that makes any sense. It's kinda like when you buy Fastarc G-1 and you glue it on unboosted it feels a bit spongy but if you give it a lick of Falco it becomes more like an inflated rubber/rubbery.

Actually I'm also pretty torn if Glayzer or G-1 are better. It's very hard to call it. I think Glayzer is a little better. Glayzer is lighter, more supple, has more grip, easier to use. But G-1 is possibly better at powerplay. Hard call.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I glued my Glayzers, G and G09c on my Mizutani SZLC. I gave both rubbers a lick of Falco. Not because I need the boost, but because I wanted the rubbers to be a bit bigger. I cut my Glayzers to W968 head initially and BTY head is different.
I used 3 + 1 layers of LatX glue which I think is just Revolution no3.

With W968 I had the arc and safety but it was maybe lacking a bit of speed. But I'm not even so sure about that the speed was lacking with it. The passive speed was a bit lacking. But could be possible that a lick of Falco matters a lot and would bring W968 up to speed too.

Then with Sanwei 75 PBO I got the speed and I got lightness at 179g but I lost the arc line of the ball. And especially on FH side with the G09c. On BH I had less issue with G. But I feel I did a fairly bad gluejob too somehow and there were some dead spots. It's actually fairly hard to glue the Sanwei 75 PBO, since mine has insane fishscale and the glue doesn't stick to the fishscaled koto so well.

So I was like let's try it on the Mizutani SZLC, which is a bit faster blade but has more flex than the Sanwei. And it feels awesome. My arc line issues are gone, my speed issues are gone, my weight issues are gone @ 181.5g. Over-the-table countering is excellent, for some reason, SZLC is really unbeatable at that. I don't know how much the Falco is contributing, but in fact G09c feels like it gained a significant amount of bottom strength. I have to be careful not to overshoot since it's like a boosted bluesponge type Chinese rubber now, but it's much easier to use than Chinese rubbers.
Maybe both rubbers became a bit harder or less spongy and more rubbery if that makes any sense. It's kinda like when you buy Fastarc G-1 and you glue it on unboosted it feels a bit spongy but if you give it a lick of Falco it becomes more like an inflated rubber/rubbery.

Actually I'm also pretty torn if Glayzer or G-1 are better. It's very hard to call it. I think Glayzer is a little better. Glayzer is lighter, more supple, has more grip, easier to use. But G-1 is possibly better at powerplay. Hard call.
Did you try d09c as fh on W968?

Really impressed so far with the durability of Glayzer as I'm playing 10 hour a week and it's still looking really good like new . A couple of downsides is I'm finding it seems to struggle in humidity and also I've got a couple of nicks on the edge after hitting the table which I believe wouldn't of happened on a lot of other rubbers. Still think it's a really good rubber for most players!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Ive gone back to Glayzer 09c Fh and Glayzer on BH and am liking it - especially with an outer carbon blade I think it works well. Im not 100% sure I like Inner carbon blades as much despite trying a few.

Its not Dignics but is up there, andI think the positives out-way the minimal % increases with Dignics with the cost difference.