Anyone have a sneak peak of Glayzer yet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I've had a couple of hours with both Glayzers on my VCI. Initial online feedback was mixed so I was a bit sceptical on the way in to trying them out.

The good news I think is that they both compare very favourably to Rozena. I like Rozena, good price, decent speed, average spin generation, makes a good utilitarian rubber for direct styles. Both Glayzers have better spin generation than Rozena, nice.

Compared to Dignics, both rubbers feel tighter in low gears, less catapult. G09C feels almost catatonic. Supreme over the table control, but playing actively becomes a must. Middle gears for both Gs are impressive, excellent consistency and decent performance. Reliable, dependable. Medium effort brush looping with G09C is a standout, real feeling of "can't miss" with solid levels of spin. Allows high levels of accuracy and placement.

High gears are where you pay the price for these rubbers IMO. I couldn't generate the threat levels of any Dignics when the pace heats up. Heavy, full-stroke bush looping with G09C just doesn't trouble my opponent in the way that D09C does. Which is fine, G is around half the price of D and we're not talking half the performance....

But let's compare with ESN. I think regular Glayzer compares well to medium-grade ESN fare like Hexer Powergrip. G09C has a harder job here though, it's a lot slower and lacks top-end performance than something like Rakza Z. For my game it gets nowhere near the performance I expect from Rasanter C53, which for me is very close to D09C spin wise. There are a lot of ESN rubbers available around the £45 price point if you shop around and the Glayzers just aren't matching them, but of course it depends very much on what you're looking for and what you choose to compare with. This doesn't consider boosting or the potential extra durability the Glayzers might offer (bit early to say).

Following the reports on this thread I'll try them on a harder/faster blade next. I don't think they're bad rubbers by any means, but they're shaping up to not be a fit for me personally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I've had a couple of hours with both Glayzers on my VCI. Initial online feedback was mixed so I was a bit sceptical on the way in to trying them out.

The good news I think is that they both compare very favourably to Rozena. I like Rozena, good price, decent speed, average spin generation, makes a good utilitarian rubber for direct styles. Both Glayzers have better spin generation than Rozena, nice.

Compared to Dignics, both rubbers feel tighter in low gears, less catapult. G09C feels almost catatonic. Supreme over the table control, but playing actively becomes a must. Middle gears for both Gs are impressive, excellent consistency and decent performance. Reliable, dependable. Medium effort brush looping with G09C is a standout, real feeling of "can't miss" with solid levels of spin. Allows high levels of accuracy and placement.

High gears are where you pay the price for these rubbers IMO. I couldn't generate the threat levels of any Dignics when the pace heats up. Heavy, full-stroke bush looping with G09C just doesn't trouble my opponent in the way that D09C does. Which is fine, G is around half the price of D and we're not talking half the performance....

But let's compare with ESN. I think regular Glayzer compares well to medium-grade ESN fare like Hexer Powergrip. G09C has a harder job here though, it's a lot slower and lacks top-end performance than something like Rakza Z. For my game it gets nowhere near the performance I expect from Rasanter C53, which for me is very close to D09C spin wise. There are a lot of ESN rubbers available around the £45 price point if you shop around and the Glayzers just aren't matching them, but of course it depends very much on what you're looking for and what you choose to compare with. This doesn't consider boosting or the potential extra durability the Glayzers might offer (bit early to say).

Following the reports on this thread I'll try them on a harder/faster blade next. I don't think they're bad rubbers by any means, but they're shaping up to not be a fit for me personally.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Andy. I have Glayzer on one blade and my trusty Rozena on the other (blades very similar, an innerforce ALC and an Innerforce ZLC that are very similar in terms of weight/speed) I was surprised just how different these rubbers felt - the Glayzer certainly seems to have a better top sheet and to impart more spin, along with being a little tighter when trying to play short.

Where I am unsure is which rubber feels faster and more penetrative when looping or driving - what has your experience been there?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Andy. I have Glayzer on one blade and my trusty Rozena on the other (blades very similar, an innerforce ALC and an Innerforce ZLC that are very similar in terms of weight/speed) I was surprised just how different these rubbers felt - the Glayzer certainly seems to have a better top sheet and to impart more spin, along with being a little tighter when trying to play short.

Where I am unsure is which rubber feels faster and more penetrative when looping or driving - what has your experience been there?

At this point I'd say Glayzer has an edge when looping/driving most of the time, Rozena more direct and feels better for blocks / flat hits. Most of that impression comes from Rozena being softer sponged, slightly more catapulty and less spin sensitive IMO.

I think Butterfly have positioned Rozena / Glayzer well inside their rubber offerings, and the Gs will find their target audience. There's a type of player that looks for middle-of-the-road allround offensive rubbers, sub-Tenergy, without making too many compromises. If that player wants BTY equipment, Glayzer is a decent option. There are lots of rubbers in this segment out there from other manufacturers, will be interesting to see if BTY will grab some of that action.

At this point I'd say Glayzer has an edge when looping/driving most of the time, Rozena more direct and feels better for blocks / flat hits. Most of that impression comes from Rozena being softer sponged, slightly more catapulty and less spin sensitive IMO.

I think Butterfly have positioned Rozena / Glayzer well inside their rubber offerings, and the Gs will find their target audience. There's a type of player that looks for middle-of-the-road allround offensive rubbers, sub-Tenergy, without making too many compromises. If that player wants BTY equipment, Glayzer is a decent option. There are lots of rubbers in this segment out there from other manufacturers, will be interesting to see if BTY will grab some of that action.
That’s me 😃

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Wrighty67
I've had 4 sessions now with Red 2.1 Glayzer and have been really impressed with the control!! The top sheet is mile's better than Rozena!!! It's really grippy!!! Excellent topspin with excellent control and I found that if you put more pace in your shots the sponge seems to cope so much better than T05 Hard which didn't allow for any mistakes!!! Blocking took me a while to adapt but was far more consistent when I adjusted my technique!!!! Pushing again took some time to adjust but found I got heavy backspin on my pushes!!! I think Glayzer is really good rubber for a lot of amateur players but it's maybe not sexy enough for others!!! I think Butterfly have done a good job making a reasonable priced rubber for a wider range of players!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Had my first session with Glayzer 1.9 on Bh and Glayzer09c 2.1 on FH last night. I was really impressed especially with Glayzer - it seems a great BH rubber for me and is definitely a swap. Much better performance than Rozena when i have tried that previous and overall easier to play than T05/T05FX that ive tried before.

G09c - coming from using D09c – its different and the same in aspects. It will take a little longer to adjust to than Glayzer and I hoped it had a little more catapult or pop about it - I feel its almost too slow on slow shots and as @AndySmith said needs active play to wake it up. I also agree medium spin, or slightly out of position shots perform really well though. I do feel going for more powerful and spinny shots it doesn't quite have the same arc as D09c which has a safe feeling of dipping to the edge of the table, on a similar shot G09c can shoot long, but this can be adjusted with time and getting used to the setup. Both rubbers are great over the table though.

But Im really happy with both and for the cost difference makes sense for the in slight difference in performance for myself.

Reactions: Choosikick
I used to play with T05/T05FX but I had problems with the short game. Felt like I was walking on a razors edge. Normally I don’t play much short game but one of my training mates is a defensive player and I just didn’t have any marginal. I have some sheets that are waiting. Judging by your report the short game seems much easier.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: jammmail
I used to play with T05/T05FX but I had problems with the short game. Felt like I was walking on a razors edge. Normally I don’t play much short game but one of my training mates is a defensive player and I just didn’t have any marginal. I have some sheets that are waiting. Judging by your report the short game seems much easier.

Cheers
L-zr

Short game with 09c is another sport

I finally made a video about the Glayzer series, please activate the English subtitles!
In the video you can find:
- a Glayzer09c and Glayzer05 test and review,
- a comparison between Glayzer05 and Rozena,
- a comparison between Dignics09c and Glayzer09c,
- a comparison between boosted and unboosted Glayzer09c

I hope you will enjoy the video!
From now on I’m using officially the Glayzer09c on my forehand, my previous rubber was Tibhar MXP Evolution

Are you planning on continuing to use booster on Galzer09c or will you play it unboosted?

Are you planning on continuing to use booster on Galzer09c or will you play it unboosted?

I boosted my Glayzer09c and lost a lot of tackiness and lot of spin, felt way faster and hard to control. So I bought a new Glayzer09c and I’m playing with it without booster, I like it more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Do you think Glayzer 09c is hard enough for forehand use?

It seems very soft to me just from pushing down on it. It's listed as 42 hardness, which I think should be like 52-53 on ESN. But it doesn't seem like 52d. When I compare it to Donic Bluegrip S1 (which is 47d esn), they both seem to be about the same hardness just from pushing down.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I am torn between two setups for my next rubbers. Has anyone here tried both, maybe someone could aid in my choice. Its either:
- FH Glayzer09c / BH Glayzer
- FH Fastarc G-1 / BH Fastarc C-1

Playing on a 5ply allwood blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 2 reviews
I think regular Glayzer and G-1 are more comparable amd can be used for similiar playing styles. Very close catapult, hardness and maybe spin. 09c seems more of an outsider to me. Even less catapult and I didnt feel it has significantly more spin. Maybe it’s about my looping technique.

says [IMG]
Do you think Glayzer 09c is hard enough for forehand use?

It seems very soft to me just from pushing down on it. It's listed as 42 hardness, which I think should be like 52-53 on ESN. But it doesn't seem like 52d. When I compare it to Donic Bluegrip S1 (which is 47d esn), they both seem to be about the same hardness just from pushing down.
Listed hardness in degrees refers to the sponge. Overall feeling of the rubber is greatly impacted by the hardness of the topsheet. Topsheet of Bluegrip S1 is much softer compared to topsheet Glayzer 09C and as a result, the overall feeling of the S1 is softer with a longer hold of the ball.

With a Shore A meter, the Glayzer 09C returns 30.5, while the S1 returns 27.0. As a reference, Tibhar K3 (which is considered a hard rubber), also returns 30.5 and Dignics 09C reports 31.5.

PS: credits of the Shore A measure goes to the two wacky Japanese dudes (search: anatomicedge in YT)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Listed hardness in degrees refers to the sponge. Overall feeling of the rubber is greatly impacted by the hardness of the topsheet. Topsheet of Bluegrip S1 is much softer compared to topsheet Glayzer 09C and as a result, the overall feeling of the S1 is softer with a longer hold of the ball.

With a Shore A meter, the Glayzer 09C returns 30.5, while the S1 returns 27.0. As a reference, Tibhar K3 (which is considered a hard rubber), also returns 30.5 and Dignics 09C reports 31.5.

PS: credits of the Shore A measure goes to the two wacky Japanese dudes (search: anatomicedge in YT)
So G09c is the same overall hardness as Tibhar K3? Does it also have similar playing style and performance?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

We had a discussion about these readings from Anatomic Edge recently. I've heavily suspect that their readings measure the topsheet only. They're using a Shore A durometer with the small and pointy measuring needle. The pressure just seems too shallow to be measuring the sponge as well.

For an example of why their measurement can't be trusted, Anatomic Edge's durometer registered Victas TDE at 32.5 while XIom Vega Intro came in at 35.5. There's no way Vega Intro is anywhere near 3 degrees harder than TDE as a whole. One can only conclude that they are missing something significant with their durometer. It's so inaccurate that I'd probably disregard their durometer readings altogether.

@latej instead has used a Shore C durometer to measure the sponges of some rubbers. This one has a rounded measuring tip which can measure sponge material. And doing this yielded way more sensical readings.

I've bought a Shore C durometer from Ali (it's only like $15) and will do my own testing. I'm guessing how hard a rubber feels is going to be a complicated mixture of the hardness of both the topsheet and sponge (and the interaction the two have with one another including pip structure). But for the sake of curiosity I'll be trying to measure the sponges and topsheets of my rubbers. Maybe if we standardize how we use the durometers, the EJs here can post their results in a thread/database (similar to the blade frequency spreadsheet) and we can have some objective measures of rubber hardness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tested out Glazyer 09c a little bit, and yeah overall it just feels kinda weak. When you watch the ball with your eye, it doesn't necessarily look that slow. But when you hit the ball, it somehow just feels a bit slow to me. A lot of times it seems hard to end a point with the FH power loop. I wonder if it needs booster to perform better. Its listed as 42d hardness, but it just doesn't seem hard at all. It seems softer than that.

Also, some people said that it has a good arc. I didn't find this to be true at all. It has a rather flat arc if anything. The arc is nowhere near like D09c. I found myself aiming my loops upwards much more than normal.

Reactions: jammmail
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I tested out Glazyer 09c a little bit, and yeah overall it just feels kinda weak. When you watch the ball with your eye, it doesn't necessarily look that slow. But when you hit the ball, it somehow just feels a bit slow to me. A lot of times it seems hard to end a point with the FH power loop. I wonder if it needs booster to perform better. Its listed as 42d hardness, but it just doesn't seem hard at all. It seems softer than that.

Also, some people said that it has a good arc. I didn't find this to be true at all. It has a rather flat arc if anything. The arc is nowhere near like D09c. I found myself aiming my loops upwards much more than normal.
I think that G09c is phenomenal on BH, really good active blocking - if you want power just use more wrist - I think it's not suitable for FH because of its softness