Anyone knows of Nittaku DHS hurricane 3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Look at this thread:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1129-Chinese-Team-Bat-pictures!

and look at the black rubber for Guo Yue and Liu Shiwen. When those photos were taken in 2011, both of them were using Grip-S. If it was not good, those two would not have used it, even for just one tournament. Again, it is a Haifu Blue Whale II topsheet with a different sponge and a glue sheet on it.

If you like H3 it is worth trying. And you can read the reviews on ttdb if you follow the link from my previous post about the rubber.

ahh. I don't just like H3 I LOVE IT! :DD.. what are their differences? excluding their sponge and topsheet composition? will it produce almost the same spin with H3? and is it a lot faster than H3? :))

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
ahh. I don't just like H3 I LOVE IT! :DD.. what are their differences? excluding their sponge and topsheet composition? will it produce almost the same spin with H3? and is it a lot faster than H3? :))

Blue Whale is supposed to be more tacky and more spinny. The German sponge, I would guess, is a better sponge, because the sponge on Chinese rubbers is not usually what makes the rubber good.

But, if you like H3 so much, what is the point of all this. So many comments for something you already love. Why change anything if you really are happy with what you have. Just play it.

Provincial, Commercial, National, Blue Sponge, Orange Sponge, none of that stuff matters if you like the sheet that is on your blade now.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Blue Whale is supposed to be more tacky and more spinny. The German sponge, I would guess, is a better sponge, because the sponge on Chinese rubbers is not usually what makes the rubber good.

But, if you like H3 so much, what is the point of all this. So many comments for something you already love. Why change anything if you really are happy with what you have. Just play it.

Provincial, Commercial, National, Blue Sponge, Orange Sponge, none of that stuff matters if you like the sheet that is on your blade now.

I love the way how H3 spins but I sometimes hate my ball returning to my opponent so slow that makes my opponent have enough time to counter it -__-

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
How could you say that it is a really big disappointment after the provincial? could you state any differences that you can say? or are there just a little or close similarities of both rubbers?

compared to the prov h3, the topsheet feels less tacky (not that important) and harder. being harder makes using the sponge much more difficult, I had a hard time getting the nice clicking sound out of it, which also means I could not use the catapult effect that much, the shots were less precise. the provincial h3 in my opinion feels sharper, crisper, more controllable. Also the nittaku h3 pro reacted differently to booster, the dome was much smaller and overall less tensioned. this is just my opinion though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 2 reviews
I used the Nittaku Hurricane Neo 3 before and it is similar to DHS H3 Neo Provincial.
The topsheet doesn't feel as tacky when pinched, but the rubber offers similar control as the DHS Provincial on serves, short game, and loops. The dwell time is similar. So don't worry about the spin on pushes, serves, and loops. There isn't much of a difference between the 2 rubbers. However, the Nittaku H3 has a slightly lower throw compared to the DHS H3. Thus you have to play with a slightly more open angle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I love the way how H3 spins but I sometimes hate my ball returning to my opponent so slow that makes my opponent have enough time to counter it -__-
hi, you have to master how to produce power on your attacks with a limited space by using your back muscles, explosive attacks and quick recover. you have to anchor yourself on the ground everytime you spin, square yourself and maintain stability (center of gravity). always move, anticipate where the ball is going- go approach the ball first ok..never run towards the ball with an open arm ready to spin coz it will drag you down..lift you body as you move then square yourself before you brush the ball..dont hit! brush the ball.

In H3 it is very diffrent -"the stroke" compared to tensors spring tech. You got to have strong firm arm in order to produce minitopspins (safer attack) inside the table..instead of flicking the ball

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: