Anyone use Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC Blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I am actually really curious as to the answers too.

People say that many ALC's are of the same construction but there is slight difference between them: Timo Boll ALC is slightly faster than Viscaria. Then I hear that Fan Zhengdong ALC has a slightly thicker inner core so it should be faster than Viscaria but yet has more control? That does not make sense to me.

Then you have Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC Blade, so how does it compared to those above and to Harimoto Innerforce ALC and to Freitas ALC (which should be innerforce as well)?

finally there are Apolonia ZLC and Franziska Innerforce ZLC which are similar to each other. Is there any difference?

• Love
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
I am actually really curious as to the answers too.

People say that many ALC's are of the same construction but there is slight difference between them: Timo Boll ALC is slightly faster than Viscaria. Then I hear that Fan Zhengdong ALC has a slightly thicker inner core so it should be faster than Viscaria but yet has more control? That does not make sense to me.

Then you have Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC Blade, so how does it compared to those above and to Harimoto Innerforce ALC and to Freitas ALC (which should be innerforce as well)?

finally there are Apolonia ZLC and Franziska Innerforce ZLC which are similar to each other. Is there any difference?
The one thing about the Ovtcharov blade I heard (which I like) is that the handle is larger.

Reactions: rbtitco and ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The one thing about the Ovtcharov blade I heard (which I like) is that the handle is larger.
I did not know that.

I would hope someone can answer your question and my questions.

Some people say, well, they just slap another famous person's name on it so there is no difference. Maybe that's true. I would be curious.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Most alc they turned to abit softer then before, I compared 2 fzd alc, one from the first production, one bought in this September. The new one feels a bit softer but easier bit the ball .
That is a great piece of news. I owned a Viscaria a few years ago and it is just too hard for me. The ball bounces off without much bite at all. I am glad the newer Fan Zhendong ALC is softer!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Anyone use the Ovcharov Innerforce ALC blade?
How does it play? Compare to Viscaria or Timo Boll ALC?
A girl in my club uses it it with nittaku moristo sp on the bh and inverted on the fh (09c i think?). The ovtcharov is great for smacking. Topspin of underspin. The arm movement ios big, but the power and speed generated is immaculate. She doesnt loop much so idk abt that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yeah, slot softer then old vis . If you have chance you try one, short game is wonderful.
I do have a Fan Zhendong ALC. But it is for collection only. I plan to resell it new later.

If I get tempted I might slap a couple rubbers on it and try it.

Right now I am still EJ'ing a couple different things. I bought Hurricane National when it was on sales at Aliexpress so that is on my next to-do list. I have been using commercials for 5 years now. I skipped provincial and bought a couple of sheets of National. I will see if the hype is really true or not. It might be another month before I put the National on my paddle (one orange sponge and one blue sponge).

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I do have a Fan Zhendong ALC. But it is for collection only. I plan to resell it new later.

If I get tempted I might slap a couple rubbers on it and try it.

Right now I am still EJ'ing a couple different things. I bought Hurricane National when it was on sales at Aliexpress so that is on my next to-do list. I have been using commercials for 5 years now. I skipped provincial and bought a couple of sheets of National. I will see if the hype is really true or not. It might be another month before I put the National on my paddle (one orange sponge and one blue sponge).
Oh, try someone's first.

This user has no status.
Ovtcharov user here.

First thing to pick out... it is fast. Do not be fooled by tge Innerforce name, because it has similiar speed to the Viscaria. This is due to the medial and core plies being thicker. With this thickness, you get such a crisp feeling; one of the crispiest blades out there.

The blade is a tad larger, which could be an attribute to the crispiness, but i suspect 1mm doesn't make the difference Butterfly advertise it does. I can't really feel the difference.

What I love about this blade is the speed and feeling balance, it just feels so... right. Some blades feel empty or to little feeling, but this one is the Goldilock's baby porridge.

Paired with Dignics it's a monster, but still with control in the short game. Dignics still has the control compared to Tenergy which is just a catapult too much speed.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hey French,

I know you’ve read my previous review, so I’ll try not to repeat myself.

Do I think there is enough of a difference to justify the OALC vs the TBALC or Viscaria?

No, absolutely not.

If you already use the TBALC, the OALC will not provide much of a different feel.

However, like with all things TT, it comes down to very small margins.

I love the OALC.

I love the design (which plays a big part for me).

I love the slightly larger headsize.

I love the feel of the handle.

I have convinced myself that it provides the perfect balance between the ever slightly faster TBALC and the slightly slower Harimoto ALC.

I have achieved my best results with it, so it must be true…… 😄

If you wanted a very very small step down in pace from the TBALC, the OALC will provide it.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I've tried Otcharov Innerforce ALC several times.
One time paired with Dignics 09C FH and Dignics 05 BH, another time with Glayzer 09C FH and H8-80 BH. Every time I try it, I feel a perfect balance and control of the racket and tons of speed.
Also the FL handle, for my relatively large hands, fits perfectly.

It truly is a masterpiece blade by Butterfly. When I'll be a better player it will be my main blade for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
using OVT with H3 blue is a delight. shots are solid BUT not as good as 968.
after a few weeks I went back to 968 and didn't look back until I put 09C on Ovt - i think they are made for each other. Really good feeling and more power than you ever need.

says [IMG]
After about 4-6 hour playing, I'm not yet fully convinced of the OALC. My blade is 84gr and it feels well balanced. The handle is a bit too smooth for my liking and a bit too thin. I prefer the Stiga or Tibhar FL handles. Tried G09C and MK, but I might need to switch to more "active" rubbers like Tenergy or Dignics.

As mentioned by others, despite being IALC blade, it's not slow. Definitely faster compared to the other IALC blades of BTY. In general, speed of OALC is about similar to outer ALC blades at the same weight. However, the outer ALC with koto outer layer (Vis, BALC, FZALC, etc) are more explosive and reactive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Unfortunately at my club, I see plenty of Timo Boll ALC and Viscaria. The club coach is not big on Fan Zhengong ALC. Everyone is Timo Boll ALC and Viscaria by default.
interesting. i would love to have a FZD ALC but i had already bought 2 Viscaria long before the FZD was released. I do think that FZD ALC is one of the most beautiful looking blades though....sheeesh

I'm currently going back & forth between a tbalc and an oalc.
I pair them with Tibhar genius max.

Tbalc for me: feels very nimble and light, fast/hard but not overly stiff, very solid in block, difficult to generate a lot of spin, quite lineair and simple.

Oalc for me: looping dream, very spinny, bit slower, more spin sensitive e.g. when blocking or countering a spinny loop, easy in the short game, many gears.

I agree Oalc is not just a thicker ifalc, but a totally different blade. Speedwise oalc is much closer to tbalc. Spinwise oalc is more like ifalc.