Backhand Rubber for Reverse-Penhold Backhand (rpb)

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I would say shore O 45 (ESN scale) be the softest. But some considersation fit the top sheet should be taken. I.e Rakza 7 soft and Vega Europe are too soft.

Too soft rubbers would make serve receive and short game more difficult since the are usually more spin sensitive and catapulty.

Cheers
L-zr
The z3, 42.5, is a nice workaround because it's not sensitive at all. It's very fast though...

The z3, 42.5, is a nice workaround because it's not sensitive at all. It's very fast though...
The feeling my son.. .the feeling... :cool:

I think its a bit soft... Tends to give You bad habits.
A harder rubber will reward harder shots.

Cheers
L-zr

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
The feeling my son.. .the feeling... :cool:

I think its a bit soft... Tends to give You bad habits.
A harder rubber will reward harder shots.

Cheers
L-zr
Nah, I think soft rubbers force you to use more wrist and stronger motion. You can't really get away with punching and whatnot. Soft rubbers force you to play with the sponge and allow for softer and more delicate touch. For example Kreanga used the t05 fx for many years, and it's Kreanga.

Nah, I think soft rubbers force you to use more wrist and stronger motion. You can't really get away with punching and whatnot. Soft rubbers force you to play with the sponge and allow for softer and more delicate touch. For example Kreanga used the t05 fx for many years, and it's Kreanga.
Exactly, that was Kreanga…
The force you need to play with has to do with the speed, not hardness. The maybe most important stroke serve receive suffers when you rubber is soft. Spin sensitivity is inherent in soft rubbers.

Cheers
L-zr

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Exactly, that was Kreanga…
The force you need to play with has to do with the speed, not hardness. The maybe most important stroke serve receive suffers when you rubber is soft. Spin sensitivity is inherent in soft rubbers.

Cheers
L-zr
I'm not so sure, here in Greece the 2 most popular rubbers are the Tenergy 05 FX and Vega Euro. I have a ton of experience with the 05 and 05fx. The softer versions are significantly easier to control than the t05 and Vasia. It's just that the softer rubber can use more sponge more easily and is generally more comfortable because you don't have to work to engage the sponge and get grip, the fx is a vastly different rubber to the 05. The fx has lower throw, easier open up, easier receive, more spin on serves, etc. It suffers from mid distance and top speed. Same story with the Veuro and asia.

Well, the spin sensitivity depends on, how much the ball sinks into the sponge and how long the contact is....
Actually the catapult has something to do with it too..
I used to play with the "Kreanga" config and T05 FX is the single most spin sensitive rubber I played with.
I don't miss T05 FX, but I do miss the feeling of firing a cannon ball with T05. That's quite unique for this rubber.
But I have gone up in hardness and my game has improved significantly...

Sure on flat and spin less balls without much speed You may be correct, but that's not how the game looks like.

Cheers
L-zr