Backhand rubbers upgrade suggestions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I'm currently using yinhe moon 12 blue on backhand, did 'downgrading' myself for few months to get back the feeling/confidence on my weak bh side after long hiatus postcovid pandemic. Now I thought generally I'm improving on bh side but as time goes by, I felt like I need more power on backhand side (esp far from table) since my old injury on my right hand side gotten triggered if I need to really rip up my bh.

So any suggestion from you guys for upgrading the rubber, this rubber really brought back the feeling on my bh but I think I need something with more power.
I'm not going to jump up to high end/pricey rubbers, but prefer to slowly build my skills with mid range price rubbers first.

*Blade = sanwei f3 pro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I was in the same position a while ago.
As a 729 fanboy from decades ago, I took the safe route and looked for the (apparent) best rubbers they offered when I came back.

I went with Battle 2 Provincial Blue (39) on forehand and because I didn't know any better, Battle 2 Provincial (38, the orange sponge) on backhand.

Since I still didn't realise tacky backhands weren't ideal, the next one I discovered was the Battle 2 Provincial soft 37 a month or so later. Honestly, what a nice backhand that was, even on a hard, zero dwell T11S.

Though I'm still not sure why tacky isn't good on backhand, I'm giving into peer pressure. After a bit of digging, and a bit of bat testing/selling, I'm about to try the closest thing I could afford to the current META of tensor-like BH: Gold Arc 8 50 (on a V14 Pro, with Battle 3 40 on the forehand). We'll see how that goes...

Reactions: obeydaud