Backhand rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Basically, I wanted an 05 alternative but didn't know which one was so I listed some which looked decent. Tenergy is just too expensive. I'm thinking the MXP would be a good choice because it is medium hard (but to the harder end) whereas the rakza 7 is softer.
it's simple - rakza 10 harder than 7 ;-)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Something that is sort of made more complicated by the way an issue like this is framed could be summed up like this:

1) There is no such thing as a good or a bad BH rubber.

2) There are rubbers that are good for different things.

3) A rubber that is good for one specific thing may be good for some people's BH and may not be good for another person's BH.

4) Different people need different things for their BH.

So, the way the issue is being framed is flawed. Almost any rubber could be a good rubber for BH if the person has a very good BH. With a BH that is not as technically proficient, the rubber needs to be more specified to the needs of that person's BH.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, every company has a good top end offensive rubber and a good control rubber in their arsenal. Rubbers like the Evolution series for Tibhar, Rasant for Andro, Rhyzm for Joola. Rakza for Yasaka, FastArc for Nittaku, Omega V from Xiom. Really, there are too many to name. Hexer, Baracuda, Vega are older series that are still quite good too. If you choose the one that is the right hardness for your BH IT WILL BE GOOD. [emoji2]

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I've spent too much money on rubbers and was trying to do thorough research so I don't make more stupid choices. I guess my playstyle will eventually adapt into the style of the rubber.

The only way to do thorough "research" is to test the rubbers yourself. Asking questions from people you have never seen play and whose playing styles or feeling is not like yours especially when you are not showing any evidence of your playing style or level tends not to work. You can always PM someone if you find his reviews or opinions to largely match yours when it comes to equipment.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I've spent too much money on rubbers and was trying to do thorough research so I don't make more stupid choices. I guess my playstyle will eventually adapt into the style of the rubber.

Agree with what NextLevel said. I've hear funny things like: "H3 is a good BH rubber." "H3 is not a good BH rubber." Now, neither of these are true or false. They are different people telling you something that did or didn't work for them.

So, here are a few questions that could help you sort out what you need on your BH. But what you need is not based on a specific rubber or brand. What you need is based on what is going on with your BH.

Does your BH work better with harder or softer rubber?

How good are you at receiving serves and controlling varied spin with your BH?

How good are you at looping a backspin ball with your BH?

In general, how would you describe how you use your BH in training and in match play?

This user has no status.
Agree with what NextLevel said. I've hear funny things like: "H3 is a good BH rubber." "H3 is not a good BH rubber." Now, neither of these are true or false. They are different people telling you something that did or didn't work for them.

So, here are a few questions that could help you sort out what you need on your BH. But what you need is not based on a specific rubber or brand. What you need is based on what is going on with your BH.

Does your BH work better with harder or softer rubber?

How good are you at receiving serves and controlling varied spin with your BH?

How good are you at looping a backspin ball with your BH?

In general, how would you describe how you use your BH in training and in match play?

I have never tried a soft rubber on my BH except when I sometimes use a friends bat for 10 minutes. I normally have medium hard. My service returns are very consistent when pushing but are slightly less when flicking or attacking a long serve. I can loop backspin pretty consistently that is low and fast. My BH, currently, is my main winning shot as a loop or drive close or far from the table because my FH rubber is dead and I can only block with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
I have never tried a soft rubber on my BH except when I sometimes use a friends bat for 10 minutes. I normally have medium hard. My service returns are very consistent when pushing but are slightly less when flicking or attacking a long serve. I can loop backspin pretty consistently that is low and fast. My BH, currently, is my main winning shot as a loop or drive close or far from the table because my FH rubber is dead and I can only block with it.
so... why you choose hard rubber for your BH if you not satisfied with your hard rubber at FH? ;-)
just switch your racket and try to play your FH rubber at BH side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
No... My FH rubber is dead and cannot create spin. My current BH rubber is pretty good but just slightly slow (it is medium - hard). The blade I have at the moment has got too much feeling... So I have decided to buy an entire new bat - the FH rubber was fine, it just wore out.

so, you do not answer on my question.
why do you choose hard BH rubber instead of soft xiom vega japan?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hope you get something that works for you. Based on the communication so far, I think your best bet it to try as many different rackets from people where you play as possible to see what feels like it works for you.

I am not sure why you feel your current blade feels like it has too much feeling. But, good luck with whatever you choose. If you do like rubbers on the harder side T05 and MXP sound like they may make sense. But there are so many rubbers out there that are good. I hope you find something that you are happy with.

Reactions: Sakumi and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks. People at my club are very paranoid about me using their bat for some reason. I can only use my close friend's bat. I don't think I explained it well - my blade is too flexible and soft which I thought was, basically, feeling.

Even if you say

1) you will just take a few hits
2) you will be very careful
3) you will appreciate it very much because you feel your equipment is not right for you and are not sure what to get.
4) you tell them they will be doing you a big favor and really helping you out in a meaningful way.

This user has no status.
Even if you say

1) you will just take a few hits
2) you will be very careful
3) you will appreciate it very much because you feel your equipment is not right for you and are not sure what to get.
4) you tell them they will be doing you a big favor and really helping you out in a meaningful way.

I ask the first three and if they say okay I say that I appreciate it. If they say no I don't :p I have ordered the MX-P for only £30! Shame it will take 2 weeks to arrive. Hopefully I have made a good decision.

Last edited: