Battle 2 National

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Is Battle 2 Gold acceptable for BH? What is the hardness about in ESN scale? Throw angle? I'm thinking of buying 2 sheets of B2 Gold but I heard it is very hard. Or should I try smth softer like Dragon F?

I've played B2 Gold for 4 years, one of my favorite FH rubbers. Indeed it's very hard even boosted. Chinese rubber for BH is doable with 37-38 degrees, B2 Pro Orange 37d sounds more feasible, also Dragon F is very good and it looks cool

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

The first one is the Silver version. Replacement of the regular Battle II. The second is the Battle II Pro.

Variants of the Battle series that are produced now is.

Battle MAX PRO (38, 39, 40, 41deg)

Battle II Silver (38, 39deg)

Battle II Gold (40deg)

Battle II Pro (38, 39, 40deg)

Battle II National (38, 39, 40deg)

Battle III (38, 39, 40deg)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021

I've played B2 Gold for 4 years, one of my favorite FH rubbers. Indeed it's very hard even boosted. Chinese rubber for BH is doable with 37-38 degrees, B2 Pro Orange 37d sounds more feasible, also Dragon F is very good and it looks cool

Considering you played both B2 National and Provincial Golden, which would you consider the more versatile rubber. By that I mean which one is also more controllable in the short/touch game or for example also which provides the greater top sheet to play also soft low FH top spin shots?

Additionally, considering the weight…which one is lighter? Do you have the approximate weights of each? Can’t find info about that on the web

Thanks in advance

Reactions: JBH7
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Considering you played both B2 National and Provincial Golden, which would you consider the more versatile rubber. By that I mean which one is also more controllable in the short/touch game or for example also which provides the greater top sheet to play also soft low FH top spin shots?

Additionally, considering the weight…which one is lighter? Do you have the approximate weights of each? Can’t find info about that on the web

Thanks in advance
I did not pay attention to the weight but I feel like NT is a tiny bit heavier. They have the same topsheet but Pro Golden sponge is denser, more controllable, slower. Both are excellent choice but if you want to have some extra speed then go for the NT

Reactions: Caddy
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
BASTARD PRODUCTS.

Please be aware that National rubber version is a sponge derivative (material modificaton) from standard Battle II. National is not in LARC for now. It is a BASTARD product not approved by ITTF, being prohibited from all competitions including local leagues and clubs. Be alert of the bastard products being off the LARC list. ⚠ ☢

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I did not pay attention to the weight but I feel like NT is a tiny bit heavier. They have the same topsheet but Pro Golden sponge is denser, more controllable, slower. Both are excellent choice but if you want to have some extra speed then go for the NT
I currently use a B2 prov blue 39 degrees on my FH and realized the arc is quite a bit lower than on my previous FH rubber which is H3N prov orange sponge 40 degrees. Also it feels like it doesn't consistently grab the ball and if I fully go through it to top-spin engaging the sponge it feels less crisp than doing the same shot with the H3N - also my training partner felt that I generated less spin with B2 compared to H3N.

Do you also have experience with B2 Pro Blue and can compare it with B2 Pro Golden? Does the Gold provide a higher arc than the Blue version? Same question considering spin generation - which one can generate more?

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I currently use a B2 prov blue 39 degrees on my FH and realized the arc is quite a bit lower than on my previous FH rubber which is H3N prov orange sponge 40 degrees. Also it feels like it doesn't consistently grab the ball and if I fully go through it to top-spin engaging the sponge it feels less crisp than doing the same shot with the H3N - also my training partner felt that I generated less spin with B2 compared to H3N.

Do you also have experience with B2 Pro Blue and can compare it with B2 Pro Golden? Does the Gold provide a higher arc than the Blue version? Same question considering spin generation - which one can generate more?
that's correct. Battle 2 has lower throw than H3, all of the versions. I switched to B2 because of that attribute because it suits penholder style more. For the spin, they have the same topsheet but the Pro golden has a lower throw than Pro blue due to its harder sponge, but better speed when hitting hard. It is less forgiving than the Pro Blue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

I played my friend's B2 blue sponge 39 last week. The grip of the ball is noticeably worse compared to H3 and H8. Using the same technique, the ball sometimes hits the net because the topsheet just can't get a firm grip. Sometimes it fly long because the speed is higher than H3. The upside is that it's not too sensitive to incoming spin.

In short, it's not a great H3 replacement. It's easier to play if you are not into looping much.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
that's correct. Battle 2 has lower throw than H3, all of the versions. I switched to B2 because of that attribute because it suits penholder style more. For the spin, they have the same topsheet but the Pro golden has a lower throw than Pro blue due to its harder sponge, but better speed when hitting hard. It is less forgiving than the Pro Blue.

I was watching SEA Games Mixed Doubles Finals and someone said that the commentator was "Longle"

Was this you? Was a great moment for Vietnam so it would be cool if you were there.

• Love
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I tried the B2 national 40deg like 2 months ago with 2 layers of haifu on W968 and I can't say I liked it. It was so slooooow. I didn't even comment about it since I was baffled. I tried probably all the previous B2s and I quite liked them so I am not sure if this needs a faster blade or what. I think I will re-try it on the Sanwei ZLC blade since it's really fast with G09c compared how it was on W968.

This user has no status.
I tried the B2 national 40deg like 2 months ago with 2 layers of haifu on W968 and I can't say I liked it. It was so slooooow. I didn't even comment about it since I was baffled. I tried probably all the previous B2s and I quite liked them so I am not sure if this needs a faster blade or what. I think I will re-try it on the Sanwei ZLC blade since it's really fast with G09c compared how it was on W968.
Weird, i am playing with the provincial version, and dont have speed issues at all. Unboosted i need to hit a bit harder with my Vsea but still manageable.
Boosted on the other hand it gets fast really quick.

In comparison i found H3 boosted slightly slower. The big difference though is, that H3 has a more dangerous arc. It is way easier to lift backspin with full force and hit deadly loops. It happens that i struggle with it now and then with B2.

Just some input for thought, because i cant compare it with W968, but Gan did it anyway, so i think those blades are comparable to a certain extent.
Anyway we cant say for certain what the issue might be, without seeing you hit some shots ;)

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I played with provincial orange first, then prov blue, then golden. Then I tried the national and dunno what is wrong. I think I will try in on this ZLC blade since G09c is very good on FH but the normal glayzer is maybe a bit too bouncy and gutless at the same time even for BH. G09c felt pretty damn good on BH with outer ZLC, with W968 it's too slow and they hold the ball too much for BH.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I found the perfect combination on my blade: Dynasty Carbon with B2 NT on FH and G09c on BH
I played with provincial orange first, then prov blue, then golden. Then I tried the national and dunno what is wrong. I think I will try in on this ZLC blade since G09c is very good on FH but the normal glayzer is maybe a bit too bouncy and gutless at the same time even for BH. G09c felt pretty damn good on BH with outer ZLC, with W968 it's too slow and they hold the ball too much for BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hmmm, I don't like it, the topsheet feels lazy. It's hard and doesn't wanna stretch much and even when it does it doesn't wanna snap back.

The Dingtian feels better at everything. The topsheet on the dingtian is a very good formula. By touch the B2 is stickier but that's it.

I reboosted my dingtian 4 times now and still no bubble and still great. It's heavy by now as it gains weight with every boost but it's still better.

The boosted B2 was about as bouncy as G09c, in very limited situations was it better than G09c.

The boosted dingtian is as bouncy as a boosted G-1.

I'm still baffled about B2. It's double price of the dingtian too so don't know why. I doubt I got a bad one as nationals should be cherry picked.

• Wow
Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
Hmmm, I don't like it, the topsheet feels lazy. It's hard and doesn't wanna stretch much and even when it does it doesn't wanna snap back.

The Dingtian feels better at everything. The topsheet on the dingtian is a very good formula. By touch the B2 is stickier but that's it.

I reboosted my dingtian 4 times now and still no bubble and still great. It's heavy by now as it gains weight with every boost but it's still better.

The boosted B2 was about as bouncy as G09c, in very limited situations was it better than G09c.

The boosted dingtian is as bouncy as a boosted G-1.

I'm still baffled about B2. It's double price of the dingtian too so don't know why. I doubt I got a bad one as nationals should be cherry picked.
Actually Dingtian is in the same pricerange as B2N for me.

But either way, it sounds like you have to test Loki Arthur China except in case you really want to boost^^
Im gonna revisit LAC this week on fh and bh. Maybe im gonna go for some of the other rubbers of their lineup, i havent tested so far, too. We will see how the revisit feels on my Vsea.

This user has no status.
I think B2 is harder compare to H3 with the same degrees, due to its harder topsheet. My B2 NT blue sponge 40d feels the same as H3 prov blue 41 in terms of hardness. So B2 has a lower throw, requires more penetrating power
Yeah that is pretty much the exact feeling i got playing with the provincial BS version too. That is probably the reason im gonna ditch it... maybe. It gives me not much room for errors while looping close (and below) to the table.
But besides that i dont have serious issues with this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think B2 is harder compare to H3 with the same degrees, due to its harder topsheet. My B2 NT blue sponge 40d feels the same as H3 prov blue 41 in terms of hardness. So B2 has a lower throw, requires more penetrating power
I can see that it's a bit harder than DHS @ 40deg. Also seems to be harder to boost than DHS or the Dingtian, it curls like mad but the pips are not popping on the topsheet. Dingtian pops after 2 light layers of FTL, and H3 BS popped after 2 layers of seamoon too.
I got 40deg since I used the Golden edition before which is 40deg only but that felt soft and I didn't want softer.

Actually Dingtian is in the same pricerange as B2N for me.

But either way, it sounds like you have to test Loki Arthur China except in case you really want to boost^^
Im gonna revisit LAC this week on fh and bh. Maybe im gonna go for some of the other rubbers of their lineup, i havent tested so far, too. We will see how the revisit feels on my Vsea.

Well with shipping and everything if you buy just one sheet they're not far off. If you buy 2-3 sheets it's a different story. Having just 1 sheet (on your racket) means you have nothing lol. It can bubble up any minute and it's not like you can teleport these funky weird ass brand rubbers to your doorstep in a day :/

LAC maybe sometime, now I have a Double Fish Volant-Phoenix incoming. I will see as the store that sells it tested it and it seems too good to be true. They're talking about Dragon Grip good...