BBC, Levi or OSP

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
LOL, i'm from Jakarta. Btw, where did u buy them ?

The only intelligent place to buy an OSP blade, in my opinion, is from OSP. When you buy one from them, you get to choose the weight you want. With blades like the Virtuoso Off- and Virtuoso Plus you get to choose between 3 head sizes. And when you order from them, they make the blade after you order it. So it is really new.

What speed blade are you looking for?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh, one thing you should know, when you first get a new OSP blade, for the first few times training they feel weird, almost like the glue hasn't dried yet. But then after a few hours of play or a few sessions of play. The blade breaks in and it starts feeling great. When it is new you almost feel too much and the wood feels really flexy in an odd way. Totally worth having a new one and playing with it till it breaks in thought.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
Which are the differences between V and V+? I know that speed is probably the main one, but is it so much high, or if you choose the V with medium head I can get that extra click that doesn’t make it a OFF blade but gives it an extra notch

In another thread I said that I’m looking for a new blade, in the range OFF- to OFF, although the several replies say that my problems should be correct more with training and less with gear exchange what a must agree, I’m looking forward to buy an OSP blade not that it would change my game very much but it would became “my blade” and not just another blade. At least to me, knowing that I’m wilding a blade that was made for me gives me more motivation, it might look stupid but feeling that one of my problems right now is lack of trust in me and my game, I think that a “Varik Blade” will bring my head up and help the fight.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Which are the differences between V and V+? I know that speed is probably the main one, but is it so much high, or if you choose the V with medium head I can get that extra click that doesn’t make it a OFF blade but gives it an extra notch

In another thread I said that I’m looking for a new blade, in the range OFF- to OFF, although the several replies say that my problems should be correct more with training and less with gear exchange what a must agree, I’m looking forward to buy an OSP blade not that it would change my game very much but it would became “my blade” and not just another blade. At least to me, knowing that I’m wilding a blade that was made for me gives me more motivation, it might look stupid but feeling that one of my problems right now is lack of trust in me and my game, I think that a “Varik Blade” will bring my head up and help the fight.

Then why did you choose OSP instead of others?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I haven't chipped in with this thread until tonight because I've only recently got my first Levi blade, and I had my first full session with it tonight. I've had a lot of OSP blades in the past. I haven't had a BBC.

OSP blades are beautiful. Great materials, wonderful construction, wide range of handle options, and a fine finish. They play really well, and excel in flexy all-wood blade designs. Their carbon options are subtle and don't overpower the feel like mainstream ALC can.

My Levi blade is koto-basalt-limba-kiri. The materials are obviously very high quality. The finish isn't quite as precise (maybe professional is the word - they feel more hand-made) as OSP but is still very good with no sharp edges anywhere and no flaws as far as I can see. OSP have an edge with the small details I suppose. It plays fantastically and (at this early stage) feels like a better fit for my close-in game than my Virtuoso, while being nowhere near as bouncy or sharp as something like a Viscaria (my recent Viscarias have been pretty hard in feel). Levi also seems to offer a wider range of materials than OSP with all sorts of exotics on offer.

Anyway, that's my 2p.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
I haven't chipped in with this thread until tonight because I've only recently got my first Levi blade, and I had my first full session with it tonight. I've had a lot of OSP blades in the past. I haven't had a BBC.

OSP blades are beautiful. Great materials, wonderful construction, wide range of handle options, and a fine finish. They play really well, and excel in flexy all-wood blade designs. Their carbon options are subtle and don't overpower the feel like mainstream ALC can.

My Levi blade is koto-basalt-limba-kiri. The materials are obviously very high quality. The finish isn't quite as precise (maybe professional is the word - they feel more hand-made) as OSP but is still very good with no sharp edges anywhere and no flaws as far as I can see. OSP have an edge with the small details I suppose. It plays fantastically and (at this early stage) feels like a better fit for my close-in game than my Virtuoso, while being nowhere near as bouncy or sharp as something like a Viscaria (my recent Viscarias have been pretty hard in feel). Levi also seems to offer a wider range of materials than OSP with all sorts of exotics on offer.

Anyway, that's my 2p.

Any pictures of your Levi blade especially the base of the handle with the logo "HM Levi"?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

Anyway, that's my 2p.

Did you manage to play with your Levi blade in more sessions?

How is the blade as compared with your Virtuoso apart from the finish?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Did you manage to play with your Levi blade in more sessions?

How is the blade as compared with your Virtuoso apart from the finish?

Not yet unfortunately. My club has been closed for the school holidays, and I wasn't well enough to go this week. Hopefully get more table time next week and report back.

From that initial session, the Levi Basalt is a touch harder, stiffer, more linear and faster in the low gears when compared with the Virtuoso CRWi.

Not yet unfortunately. My club has been closed for the school holidays, and I wasn't well enough to go this week. Hopefully get more table time next week and report back.

From that initial session, the Levi Basalt is a touch harder, stiffer, more linear and faster in the low gears when compared with the Virtuoso CRWi.

I am considering between Levi and OSP since there is no reply from BBC for a month.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Is OSP ok? Their online store's security certificate expired 56 days ago, my browser tells me.