Best alternative to Stiga DNA Platinum M (47'5)

Z2 to me is like a softer topsheet tenergy 05. Not a great fan.
It’s a great BH rubber and nothing like Tenenergy 05. T05 is unable uncontrollable beast where Z2 is nicely behaved with a decent amount of spin and catapult.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
It’s a great BH rubber and nothing like Tenenergy 05. T05 is unable uncontrollable beast where Z2 is nicely behaved with a decent amount of spin and catapult.

Cheers
L-zr
I've used both and tenergy 05 is better to me. Z2 doesn't create enough spin as it bounces off the racket too fast. The only time I'd say tenergy is uncontrollable is short game.

I'd rather use Dignics 05, V>15 or fastarc g-1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Yesterday I was playing Gewo Nexus EL Pro 45 SuperSelect on my FZD Alc. Fabulous rubber, previously had G-1 which I also have on my OSP V+. G-1 feels harder due to topsheet and prefer use it on FH, c-1 in my opinion is better on BH. Topsheet are the same but the sponges differ and that matters. View attachment 26849View attachment 26850View attachment 26851

I feels Gewo similar to C-1 in terms of playing on my BH
how was it, I am planning my next bh rubber, as tenergy 19's edges are not as durable as I thought. I also use the fzd alc. So how was the experience? Especially the close to the tabke

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Yesterday I was playing Gewo Nexus EL Pro 45 SuperSelect on my FZD Alc. Fabulous rubber, previously had G-1 which I also have on my OSP V+. G-1 feels harder due to topsheet and prefer use it on FH, c-1 in my opinion is better on BH. Topsheet are the same but the sponges differ and that matters. View attachment 26849View attachment 26850View attachment 26851

I feels Gewo similar to C-1 in terms of playing on my BH
I also noticed that on a blade with an external koto veneer with external carbon fiber like viscaria, the Fastarkc G1 plays better on the forehand, on the backhand it was hard for me, I wanted to get a softer rubber. At the same time, on a blade with soft outer sipo wood and inner carbon, Fastarc G1 is ideal for me on the backhand. The rubber-blade combination is also extremely important.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
@kingkimchi @_JOOLA_
Not much opportunities to play Gewo as I faced some injury described here https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/daily-table-tennis-chit-chat.13168/post-426065
So far I've played 2 or 3 training session, but I'm used to it very fast. To me on carbon blade is similar to C-1, the same hardness and quite good control. I was looking for some review 45 SuperSelect before buying but it was hard to find anything. Mostly it was 48 deg version which was not quite good due to lack of the control in the short game and due to hardness might be similar to G-1 which I didn't find good to me on BH on blades like Viscaria (related) in this case on FZD ALC. 45 as I mentioned is similar to C-1 in general feeling and during those 2-3 session I liked it and fit me on my BH. I've quite good BH which my opponents always mention during the match when they forget and receive strong and spiny reply (saying: "uhh forgot about your BH..").At this moment I'm struggling with the consistency but it's rather due to short time after my come back to table tennis and after I increased training session to 4 times a week (2 hrs each session) I think that I will catch up soon unless others injuries will not pop up. :)
I've many unopened rubbers to try i.e. both Dignics 05 (red and black) which @BobFL mentioned that for him they are the best on this blade but so far I told myself that I'm not worthy them :D :D coming back to Gewo in that version I really like it.

Reactions: Choosikick
I've used both and tenergy 05 is better to me. Z2 doesn't create enough spin as it bounces off the racket too fast. The only time I'd say tenergy is uncontrollable is short game.

I'd rather use Dignics 05, V>15 or fastarc g-1.
Exactly my point, You can't live without a short game...
T05 FX is even worse in that sense.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
it's always something for something. Bouncy rubbers are good in offensive and do not require so much power to accelerate but the short game suffers due to bounce unless you have excellent feeling to control it, hard hybrid/Chinese rubbers are good in the short and not reactive to spin but in offensive play you have to put more power to hit through the sponge and get acceleration from blade/composite structure. So as always if something is good for other might be not good for you :)

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Exactly my point, You can't live without a short game...
T05 FX is even worse in that sense.

Cheers
L-zr
Oh well for me Z2 is also bad in the short game. But not as much as tenergy as it's more spin sensitive.

I would be playing with V>15, if it were slightly harder. V>22 is an upgrade to it but not the same concept in usage.
Also it's price.

Oh well for me Z2 is also bad in the short game. But not as much as tenergy as it's more spin sensitive.

I would be playing with V>15, if it were slightly harder. V>22 is an upgrade to it but not the same concept in usage.
Also it's price.
Sorry but I have to disagree, In my book Tenergy05 (and FX) are the two most spin sensitive rubbers on the market.
This has to do with the catapult and the grip which Tenergy has a lot more of. If You take T05FX it also has softness which will add even further to this equation.

I can play excellent slow game with Z2, but hardly at all with T05(FX). So I ditched T05 for now while I am working on
my pushing skills.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Sorry but I have to disagree, In my book Tenergy05 (and FX) are the two most spin sensitive rubbers on the market.
This has to do with the catapult and the grip which Tenergy has a lot more of. If You take T05FX it also has softness which will add even further to this equation.

I can play excellent slow game with Z2, but hardly at all with T05(FX). So I ditched T05 for now while I am working on
my pushing skills.

Cheers
L-zr
That's fair, im just used to harder to activate rubbers or rubbers that are deader.

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
@kingkimchi @_JOOLA_
Not much opportunities to play Gewo as I faced some injury described here https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/daily-table-tennis-chit-chat.13168/post-426065
So far I've played 2 or 3 training session, but I'm used to it very fast. To me on carbon blade is similar to C-1, the same hardness and quite good control. I was looking for some review 45 SuperSelect before buying but it was hard to find anything. Mostly it was 48 deg version which was not quite good due to lack of the control in the short game and due to hardness might be similar to G-1 which I didn't find good to me on BH on blades like Viscaria (related) in this case on FZD ALC. 45 as I mentioned is similar to C-1 in general feeling and during those 2-3 session I liked it and fit me on my BH. I've quite good BH which my opponents always mention during the match when they forget and receive strong and spiny reply (saying: "uhh forgot about your BH..").At this moment I'm struggling with the consistency but it's rather due to short time after my come back to table tennis and after I increased training session to 4 times a week (2 hrs each session) I think that I will catch up soon unless others injuries will not pop up. :)
I've many unopened rubbers to try i.e. both Dignics 05 (red and black) which @BobFL mentioned that for him they are the best on this blade but so far I told myself that I'm not worthy them :D :D coming back to Gewo in that version I really like it.
Maybe paste a d05 on the other side of your blade and try both for bha nd fh, please tell me your feedback as I am for considering the d05 aswell

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Maybe paste a d05 on the other side of your blade and try both for bha nd fh, please tell me your feedback as I am for considering the d05 aswell
At this moment I will not open d05 as I have to many opened and lay not used. I found another option on my radar for EJing which allows me to try 1st h3 rubbers :)

Cornilleau rubbers are very rare where I live but I did have a look at the rubber and the sponge looks almost exactly like Stiga DNA PLATINUM...
It might look very similar, but does that make it an issue? I can swear to the quality and durability of Target Pro XD rubbers.

Reactions: Crillo